That Raiders game next Sunday is no gimmie.

HoustonJet

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Play off run begins here.  We wither give then the tie breaker or we take it.  Jets need to play angry a d not have a let down.

Ivory hammy is a concern, but jets D needs to set up some short fields and Marshall will be looking for a bounce back game.  

We are a more mature football team, we need to look like it sunday!

This.

This game is one of the most pivotal games of the season. Big ramifications coming up for the Jets if they lose this football game.

As the OP on this thread, I watched that entire game yesterday and came away impressed with the Raiders. For only his 2nd year, Carr is impressive (as a Jets fan I'm damn jealous) and Cooper is stud in the making.

That said, the Jets historically struggles out there and this may be the toughest game remaining on their schedule, including Patriots at home. **A bold prediction...win this game and the Jets could go 14-2.

If the Jets win this game I think they're a slam dunk lock for 10+ wins.

Saw an interesting stat this morning ... San Diego have given up 24+ points in each of their 7 games this season. Only the 3rd team in 25 years to achieve that. So yes, Oakland did put up a load of points against them last week, but I'm taking that with a pinch of salt.

Still not taking anything for granted. Real gut check time for Bowles and the Jets, tough opponent on the (long) road. But teams that want to claim play off spots win these types of games.

We already know that the Raiders won't be able to run on the Jets. I find it highly unlikely that Carr & his Oline can throw 55 times like Tom Brady & the Pats. Jets limit big plays & force Raiders to go a hard 80 yards every possession they'll be in good shape.

Raiders don't have McCourty, Butler, Hightower, Collins types to shut down Decker/Marshall/Kerley, actually Pats never really stopped Decker, we just went away from him for some strange reason. Like the Fins & Skins game Marshall makes up for his drop vs the Pats.

We already know that the Raiders won't be able to run on the Jets. I find it highly unlikely that Carr & his Oline can throw 55 times like Tom Brady & the Pats. Jets limit big plays & force Raiders to go a hard 80 yards every possession they'll be in good shape.

Raiders don't have McCourty, Butler, Hightower, Collins types to shut down Decker/Marshall/Kerley, actually Pats never really stopped Decker, we just went away from him for some strange reason. Like the Fins & Skins game Marshall makes up for his drop vs the Pats.

you see what they did to the Broncos offense?

The Jets won't be able to run on the Raiders either.

The Raiders secondary isn't that far off from being pretty good.( week 10 is when they get Nate Allen back- which will make a big difference.     With the loss of FS Nate Allen  in week one, and Raiders struggles in the secondary thereafter , they were forced to move their best cover CB Tj Carrie to safety.  Recent waiver claim    CB   David Amerson  who looked like garbage in Washington, has come in the last couple of games and made a big difference on defense.( seems much better fit in the Raiders defense).

When Nate Allen comes back  the Raiders will be able to start at CB  David Amerson and Tj Carrie on the outside , with Dj Hayden playing inside as the Nickel CB( where he should be).     with C Woodson at Ss , and Nate Allen at Fs.    ( pretty good secondary- wish that was the secondary we had for this week).

Right now Dj Hayden isn't a good matchup against either Jet starting Wr- if we see one of them matched up with him it will be a huge mismatch in the Jets favor.  Much better fit against the Jets other Wr's ( Kerley , D Smith etc.)   

Raiders struggles against the pass( Te has  abused them) can be contributed to Both mlb Curtis  Lofton, And  Ss Ray Ray Armstrong both struggling in coverage. ( this is where the Raiders defense been exposed big time.        Rookie Lb Neiron Ball the last two games has made a big difference ( getting a lot of Loftons snaps)  as he been very good in coverage.( unfortunately he hurt his knee and is out for a month. ( seems like  They will use Khalil Mack more in coverage now- did very good job there when ask to do against the Chargers

starting Wlb Malcolm Smith is very good in coverage.  ( someone fitzpatrick must be aware of)

I expect Neiko Thorpe 6'1 200 to be matched up on Brandon Marshall .    ( Personally would start disappointing Keith McGill 6'3 215 331/4 arm length on Brandon Marshall , has the size to take away a lot of the passes Marshall abuse the smaller CB on.( better version of Ras Dowling who did give Marshall some trouble with)

How does this information relate to the game.   Well the Jets don't really have a Te or a Rb that are major weapons in the passing game.    That helps the Raiders defense out tremendously.   Let's Malcolm Smith matchup with Te Jeff Cumberland.   Ray Ray Armstrong should be able to handle any of the Jets Rb in coverage.

Ryan Fitzpatrick lack of arm strength should play well for the wily veteran C Woodson.( give him a couple chances for the interception Sunday.

Another question for the Jets can Nick Mangold play this week, and how long.     Dan Williams and Justin Ellis( should be back this week) are physical specimens that are going to pound Mangold a lot( not the best of situation for a guy with sprained neck) Jets are forced to start an inexperience Center Sunday in a HOSTILE environment. Well good luck with that one.

As the OP on this thread, I watched that entire game yesterday and came away impressed with the Raiders. For only his 2nd year, Carr is impressive (as a Jets fan I'm damn jealous) and Cooper is stud in the making.

That said, the Jets historically struggles out there and this may be the toughest game remaining on their schedule, including Patriots at home. **A bold prediction...win this game and the Jets could go 14-2.

If you think the Raiders are the only thing standing in our way of going 14-2 then LOL

IMHO if both Decker and Ivory are 100% we win.  If not, then just like vs the Eagles, it's going to be a hard game.

The Jets won't be able to run on the Raiders either.

The Raiders secondary isn't that far off from being pretty good.( week 10 is when they get Nate Allen back- which will make a big difference.     With the loss of FS Nate Allen  in week one, and Raiders struggles in the secondary thereafter , they were forced to move their best cover CB Tj Carrie to safety.  Recent waiver claim    CB   David Amerson  who looked like garbage in Washington, has come in the last couple of games and made a big difference on defense.( seems much better fit in the Raiders defense).

When Nate Allen comes back  the Raiders will be able to start at CB  David Amerson and Tj Carrie on the outside , with Dj Hayden playing inside as the Nickel CB( where he should be).     with C Woodson at Ss , and Nate Allen at Fs.    ( pretty good secondary- wish that was the secondary we had for this week).

Right now Dj Hayden isn't a good matchup against either Jet starting Wr- if we see one of them matched up with him it will be a huge mismatch in the Jets favor.  Much better fit against the Jets other Wr's ( Kerley , D Smith etc.)   

Raiders struggles against the pass( Te has  abused them) can be contributed to Both mlb Curtis  Lofton, And  Ss Ray Ray Armstrong both struggling in coverage. ( this is where the Raiders defense been exposed big time.        Rookie Lb Neiron Ball the last two games has made a big difference ( getting a lot of Loftons snaps)  as he been very good in coverage.( unfortunately he hurt his knee and is out for a month. ( seems like  They will use Khalil Mack more in coverage now- did very good job there when ask to do against the Chargers

starting Wlb Malcolm Smith is very good in coverage.  ( someone fitzpatrick must be aware of)

I expect Neiko Thorpe 6'1 200 to be matched up on Brandon Marshall .    ( Personally would start disappointing Keith McGill 6'3 215 331/4 arm length on Brandon Marshall , has the size to take away a lot of the passes Marshall abuse the smaller CB on.( better version of Ras Dowling who did give Marshall some trouble with)

How does this information relate to the game.   Well the Jets don't really have a Te or a Rb that are major weapons in the passing game.    That helps the Raiders defense out tremendously.   Let's Malcolm Smith matchup with Te Jeff Cumberland.   Ray Ray Armstrong should be able to handle any of the Jets Rb in coverage.

Ryan Fitzpatrick lack of arm strength should play well for the wily veteran C Woodson.( give him a couple chances for the interception Sunday.

Another question for the Jets can Nick Mangold play this week, and how long.     Dan Williams and Justin Ellis( should be back this week) are physical specimens that are going to pound Mangold a lot( not the best of situation for a guy with sprained neck) Jets are forced to start an inexperience Center Sunday in a HOSTILE environment. Well good luck with that one.

Something tells me that Bowles gave Mangold the entire week off to get treatment. Unlike you & I these guys are taken care of like million dollar cars, massage, ice, heat, treatments daily. Your right, it does make me nervous if we were playing the Rams or Seahawks but I think we'd be ok playing the Raiders defense. 

You guys are I think 32nd vs the pass. That always skews your run defense numbers. The game will be tough, it's on the road & the Raiders are feeling good about themselves but don't fool yourself, this is a HUGE STEPDOWN from what the Jets just went through on Sunday. You don't have a Gronk! He changes the game! 

You have a great young WR, but we have Revis, so you can put a big X in that matchup. You have no one on that team like Gronk so our defense won't be playing with one arm tied behind their back on the snap. It's a huge difference because unlike playing Brady & the Pats, playing the Raiders we'll have one more FREE DEFENDER running around or blitzing. Each & every game depends on matchups. I believe the MATCHUPS in this game clearly favor the Jets on defense.

Something tells me that Bowles gave Mangold the entire week off to get treatment. Unlike you & I these guys are taken care of like million dollar cars, massage, ice, heat, treatments daily. Your right, it does make me nervous if we were playing the Rams or Seahawks but I think we'd be ok playing the Raiders defense. 

You guys are I think 32nd vs the pass. That always skews your run defense numbers. The game will be tough, it's on the road & the Raiders are feeling good about themselves but don't fool yourself, this is a HUGE STEPDOWN from what the Jets just went through on Sunday. You don't have a Gronk! He changes the game! 

You have a great young WR, but we have Revis, so you can put a big X in that matchup. You have no one on that team like Gronk so our defense won't be playing with one arm tied behind their back on the snap. It's a huge difference because unlike playing Brady & the Pats, playing the Raiders we'll have one more FREE DEFENDER running around or blitzing. Each & every game depends on matchups. I believe the MATCHUPS in this game clearly favor the Jets on defense.

Again let's see how long Nick Mangold able to go( if he even plays).  He can get all the treatments he want's ( could feel good to go) but playing Center against two 325 + pounders ( the pounding his body going to take) let's see how long he lasts.( very bad injury for a center who has to move his head). Playing him this week the Jets risk losing him for a much longer period.

Again Raiders have had a lot of problems in the secondary ( inability to cover Te) but they been slowly adjusting their defense to fix those problems.   ( adding different pieces)  The defense has played a lot better recently- can throw out the Bogus fourth quarter yards the Chargers offense got as they went to prevent defense.

i don't care if you had a healthy Mangold and Ivory , you aren't running on the Raiders defense.   Any Jack Delrio defense is devised to take away the running game. ( just like this Raider defense)

The Raiders offense has a lot more than Amari  Cooper.   Michael Crabtree is a big reason why COopers numbers are what they are,. ( best hands and excellent route runner- let's see Cromartie tackle him) 

They have the premier blocking Te in Lee Smith whether it's for the pass or the run ( he's a very big part as he going to keep Carr clean) While not Gronk, Clive Walford is a big time talent- expect to see him a lot .   

Now with Buster Skrine 5'9 185 expect the Raiders to put Andre Holmes 6'4 220 in the Slot.   Now throw in the fact that Skrine has soft cast on- let's see how effective he is bringing him down. ( Raiders get this matchup look for them to go deep - Holmes to 

Everyone of the Raiders running back can catch the football( l Murray, Taiwan Jones, Marcel Reece, and Roy Helu) expect to see Raiders empty the backfield and try and get them matchup on one of your lb's.

Roy Helu has been one of the top third down backs, and he has trouble getting on the field on this Raider offense.( tells you the weapons they have on offense)

Roy Helu has been one of the top third down backs, and he has trouble getting on the field on this Raider offense.( tells you the weapons they have on offense)

No, it tells me Roy Helu sucks.  Latavius Murray is a complete back and by no means easy to stop.  But if Revis does his job against Cooper that makes Murray the only guy to worry about.  You don't have a TE and your # 2 WR is Michael Crabtree.  Let's see how Carr does if we shut down Murray and put pressure in his face all game.

Again let's see how long Nick Mangold able to go( if he even plays).  He can get all the treatments he want's ( could feel good to go) but playing Center against two 325 + pounders ( the pounding his body going to take) let's see how long he lasts.( very bad injury for a center who has to move his head). Playing him this week the Jets risk losing him for a much longer period.

Again Raiders have had a lot of problems in the secondary ( inability to cover Te) but they been slowly adjusting their defense to fix those problems.   ( adding different pieces)  The defense has played a lot better recently- can throw out the Bogus fourth quarter yards the Chargers offense got as they went to prevent defense.

i don't care if you had a healthy Mangold and Ivory , you aren't running on the Raiders defense.   Any Jack Delrio defense is devised to take away the running game. ( just like this Raider defense)

The Raiders offense has a lot more than Amari  Cooper.   Michael Crabtree is a big reason why COopers numbers are what they are,. ( best hands and excellent route runner- let's see Cromartie tackle him) 

They have the premier blocking Te in Lee Smith whether it's for the pass or the run ( he's a very big part as he going to keep Carr clean) While not Gronk, Clive Walford is a big time talent- expect to see him a lot .   

Now with Buster Skrine 5'9 185 expect the Raiders to put Andre Holmes 6'4 220 in the Slot.   Now throw in the fact that Skrine has soft cast on- let's see how effective he is bringing him down. ( Raiders get this matchup look for them to go deep - Holmes to 

Everyone of the Raiders running back can catch the football( l Murray, Taiwan Jones, Marcel Reece, and Roy Helu) expect to see Raiders empty the backfield and try and get them matchup on one of your lb's.

OMG, please, please go empty backfield! Now that the Jets are playing a team that no one has to double or triple team (Gronk), we'll send a free rusher for all over the place! I think your out of your mind, no way your coaching staff exposes Carr to our blitz packages without keeping people into block. Before the Pats game Jets were top 3 in blitzes. Brady forces you to play more conservative, he's that good vs the blitz. Jets & Bowles go back to what we do best this week. Jets will be coming!

Empty backfield?  No.  That would be dumb.

No, it tells me Roy Helu sucks.  Latavius Murray is a complete back and by no means easy to stop.  But if Revis does his job against Cooper that makes Murray the only guy to worry about.  You don't have a TE and your # 2 WR is Michael Crabtree.  Let's see how Carr does if we shut down Murray and put pressure in his face all game.

Raiders do have Te's.   Clive Walford is going to be a big time Te for the Raiders, (missed all of training camp , and preseason due to injury.    Slowly been implementing him in the offense , and he has made some big catches down the field last two games.( should start to see his workload increase/ targeted more ( earning the Qb trust), and this  game might be his coming out party( Jmo more a sure thing than L Murray- right up their with Carr and A Cooper) .  Te   Mychal Rivera is very similar style Te to Jace Amaro - can't block at all, but is nice receiving threat that knows how to get open( one of Carr favorites ).     Te Lee Smith 6'6 270  again is one of the top blockers.   He's so good blocking they have no problem putting him on defense lineman in pass protection.   ( he can catch the football , but has zero yards after the catch ability.

Your sleeping on Michael Crabtree- best hands on the team and runs great routes. Carr will go to him more on key third downs than Cooper. ( I like the matchup against A Cromartie).

Seth Roberts has been the slot receiver, but I think Andre Holmes  6'4 220 gets the call this week . ( mismatch against 5'9 185 Buster Skrine - quick slants, and look for jump balls deep .

Raiders do have Te's.   Clive Walford is going to be a big time Te for the Raiders, (missed all of training camp , and preseason due to injury.    Slowly been implementing him in the offense , and he has made some big catches down the field last two games.( should start to see his workload increase/ targeted more ( earning the Qb trust), and this  game might be his coming out party( Jmo more a sure thing than L Murray- right up their with Carr and A Cooper) .  Te   Mychal Rivera is very similar style Te to Jace Amaro - can't block at all, but is nice receiving threat that knows how to get open( one of Carr favorites ).     Te Lee Smith 6'6 270  again is one of the top blockers.   He's so good blocking they have no problem putting him on defense lineman in pass protection.   ( he can catch the football , but has zero yards after the catch ability.

Your sleeping on Michael Crabtree- best hands on the team and runs great routes. Carr will go to him more on key third downs than Cooper. ( I like the matchup against A Cromartie).

Seth Roberts has been the slot receiver, but I think Andre Holmes  6'4 220 gets the call this week . ( mismatch against 5'9 185 Buster Skrine - quick slants, and look for jump balls deep .

I have to give you credit Raideraholic every year you are here posting how great the Raiders will be even though their last winning season was 13 years ago.. I do agree this year they do seem to be much better then years past.. We will see Sunday who has improved the most..

I have to give you credit Raideraholic every year you are here posting how great the Raiders will be even though their last winning season was 13 years ago.. I do agree this year they do seem to be much better then years past.. We will see Sunday who has improved the most..

Hell Im not even watching the game after reading his post.  Already recorded it as a loss. Im gonna get some exercise and eat a 5k Sunday instead.

This game is Raiderholic's Super Bowl...Lets all take a moment to remove our hats and reflect on how sad that actually is...emoji20.png

This game is Raiderholic's Super Bowl...Lets all take a moment to remove our hats and reflect on how sad that actually is...emoji20.png

This is a big game as it could have some serious playoff implications down the road. ( conference game , and head to head matchups)

The Jets who added a lot of players on the wrong side of thirty this offseason ( not to mention their two stud olineman are now on he wrong side of thirty , their window is a lot shorter than the Raiders.( more pressure is on them to win now) .   

The Raiders young talent can lose this, and it isn't as big a deal.    They can use it as a learning tool, as the future looks very bright going forward.( have to learn to walk before you run)

unfortunately I 'm not going to be able to watch this game live, as I will be in Maine Sunday. ( won't be able to watch this game after midnight( have to keep away from Radio as I don't want to know the score)

This is a big game as it could have some serious playoff implications down the road. ( conference game , and head to head matchups)

The Jets who added a lot of players on the wrong side of thirty this offseason ( not to mention their two stud olineman are now on he wrong side of thirty , their window is a lot shorter than the Raiders.( more pressure is on them to win now) .   

The Raiders young talent can lose this, and it isn't as big a deal.    They can use it as a learning tool, as the future looks very bright going forward.( have to learn to walk before you run)

unfortunately I 'm not going to be able to watch this game live, as I will be in Maine Sunday. ( won't be able to watch this game after midnight( have to keep away from Radio as I don't want to know the score)

Raiderholic Rules??

Holy sh*t with this guy.  You have WAY MORE WEAPONS THAN the Pats?  lmfao  

What are we going to see when we look at the Denver game?  That the Raiders offense has looked terrible vs. any bit of a defense?  Are we to be jaw dropped by that 10pt outing vs Denver?  Or is it the 4 sacks the OL gave up?  Or was it the back breaking pick 6 that we need key in on? 

What do you expect? The guy is after all a Raiderholic, he has to go to those meetings and everything.

This is a 11th out of the last 15 meetings at Oakland. We are 3-8 in those games.We have won two of the last four, however, at Oakland including a 38-0 ass whupping in 2009.

We've won all four games at home. 

For the record, Raiderholic AKA Raider91275 (or something like that) actually guaranteed a Raider victory on JI before that 38-0 a$$ whooping in 2009. The guy is classic...

Again for me the Raiders have to win eight games this year for it to be a successful season. Anything above that is gravy.   Probably one more offseason away from really competing for playoffs , and possible championships.   ( still have some holes)

Love the big three going forward on offense Qb Derek Carr wr Amari Cooper Te Clive Walford   ( all three can be special players)- I put Walford above  latavius Murray who I'm not ready to put with that group yet.

Archived