Fitz Just Not Good Enough

JohnnyLV

We had a lead in the 4th that would've been bigger had 15 caught the ball that noodle arm hit him in the hands with.  But you Geno guys are smarter than the coaches and us so yes your right . Time for a change  next week.   Laffable how clueless some are. 

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had a lead in the 4th that would've been bigger had 15 caught the ball that noodle arm hit him in the hands with.  But you Geno guys are smarter than the coaches and us so yes your right . Time for a change  next week.   Laffable how clueless some are. 

so basically blame every player except for fitz? I'm glad bowles doesn't make excuses for fitzy boy like you guys

If we're going to make a switch, I suggest we do it in an Eastern Time Zone city.

So much what if butt hurt in this thread.  Dude let it go, we got beat because the Patriots made better adjustments at halftime and they have Tom Brady.  No big deal, they will learn from it and the real test will be in December.  We just need to keep stacking wins and worry about making the playoffs.  Its going to be near impossible to win the division until we get our franchise QB.  Not to say we can't one off win one, but I want this team winning division after division in the future and I still feel positive they'll get there.

Two separate conversations.

First you decide whether or not Fitz can get you where you need to go.

Second, you decide what if anything is a better option.

Not a Geno thread

The Jets won 4 games last year. Fitz can get them to the playoffs. That's a great first year for a rookie head coach with most prognosticators predicting nothing better than .500. No one has aspirations higher than that nor should they. 

Obviously fitz is not a tom brady or an aaron rodgers.. But he played well enough to win today. Could the game play out different if the jets had there punter, and if fitz never fumbled and the jets stopped them on 3rd and 17? lots of if's. Fitz is not the long term answer, but he hasn't been a liability (Sanchez days) and right now thats good enough to win. 

he has his limitations, but they can be managed.  he can't throw a 50 yard hail mary.  He needs about 3 minutes to drive for a TD.

other than that, we are seeing a guy who missed all spring with a broken leg, but is playing his ass off.   if marshall catches that TD, we could be having a very different discussion

after every loss there is always lots of blame to go around, and the QB gets too much of it.  that's why they make the big bucks

So blame only one player, not that he deserves it, but because you never shut up about him not being Aaron Rodgers? 

There's a contingent of younger Jets fan who thinks Geno is hip and suddenly want to grade our QB play on an Aaron Rodgers like curve.

LOL. "Fitz wasn't good enough...."

Neither was Wunderkind Andy Luck. Or Roethlisberger. Not even the new and improved version of Geno Smith, Tyrod Taylor. DO you think any of those teams fans think, "Gee, our guy couldn't beat Brady today. Too bad we don't have a guy like Geno Smith..."? LOL What a joke some of you guys are. All Geno would have added today were a couple of horrid picks and a boneheaded, to the point of retarded, play (running out of the back of his own endzone, a fumble while attempting a pump fake, etc) followed by pouting on the sideline.

They lost. Because the D-Line lacks an edge rusher, we still can't cover Mega-TEs, and Ivory was hurt. Period.

Blaming the first competent QB we've had under center in 6 years for todays loss is assinine and just exposes a personal bias.

Fitzpatrick is the best option we had this past offseason.  Picking him up was the right move.  

He is likeable, respected by him teammates, and playing very well.  He's not a pro bowl caliber player.  That's just not who he is.  But, he IS a competent NFL quarterback. After the garbage we have been watching for he past 6 years, you'd think people would appreciate the level of QB play we have seen this season.

He's leading an offense that looks very respectable.  His team is 4-2 on the young season. He had the jets in a very winnable game against the best team in football, on the road.  He's not the reason the Jets lost this one.  He's doing his thing, and I'm fine with it so far.  Oh, and Tom Brady is pretty good and doesn't lose very often. 

Two separate conversations.

First you decide whether or not Fitz can get you where you need to go.

Second, you decide what if anything is a better option.

Not a Geno thread

me thinks your second point is painfully obvious to anyone with at least 1 good eye. so what exactly is the point of this thread? free agency and the draft are still a long ways away

Yeah, if we had Brady or Rodgers we probably win today.  But there are only a handful of these QBs out there (if that many).  Every other QB has strengths and weaknesses; except for the fumble, you can't really blame Fitz for the loss.  You can blame the OL; the D (they seemed to get too conservative in the end of the 4th quarter; blame coaching, Marshall for the drop, etc.

Yeah, if we had a strong armed QB maybe we don't have to throw in the middle of the field with 30 seconds left.  But, the Patriots constantly beat QBs with strong arms.  Fitz played smart and tough - he plays with a lot of heart.  Not sure most other 'average' QBs with a great arm (so probably not as savy) do any better.

I expect the Jets to finish better than .500, so I doubt the next Rodgers is waiting for us next year.  So, unless Petty turns out to be our Brady, we have to find a way to win with an average QB.

Jets should have won today.  A couple of plays here or there; different calls - we may be talking about a win; we will regroup and hopefully learn

LOL. "Fitz wasn't good enough...."

Neither was Wunderkind Andy Luck. Or Roethlisberger. Not even the new and improved version of Geno SMmh, Tyrod Taylor. DO you think any of those teams fans think, "Gee, our guy couldn't beat Brady today. To bad we don't have a guy like Geno SMith". LOL WHat a joke some of you guys are. All Geno would have added today were a couple of horrid picks and a boneheaded to the point of retarded play (running out of the back of his own endzone, a fumble while attempting a pump fake, etc) followed by pouting on the sideline.

They lost. Because the D-Line lacks an edge rusher, we still can't cover Mega-TEs, and Ivory was hurt. Period.

Blaming the first competent QB we've had under center in 6 years for todays loss is assinine and just exposes a personal bias.

can't say it any better. 

In my opinion I'm a hater on Geno.  I know me and I hate him as a player.  

Fitz is not a loooong term solution, BUT he is the answer for this season. Are there 7 other maybe 10 other guys I'd rather have, yes, but they are not on our roster.  Fitz has been playing his ass off and has been I dedicated to the team first attitude all winners posess. What he lacks in talent he makes up for in heart.  Let's remember what that assclown Geno has done off the field as well as on the field.  Geno,was a reach as best by a crappy GM that has since left the building.  The Tom Brady's of the world are once in a lifetime finds.  To disparage fitz today is ignorant. He played well, good enough to win.  That's all you can ask.....and it was against the...... gulp.....Super Bowl champs. Now,moving forward we have a very very winnable next 5-6 games. Let's get to the dec 27 rematch and make that game count for the division.  And stop talking about the future never was that is Geno.  Next year it's petty. 

In my opinion I'm a hater on Geno.  I know me and I hate him as a player.  

Fitz is not a loooong term solution, BUT he is the answer for this season. Are there 7 other maybe 10 other guys I'd rather have, yes, but they are not on our roster.  Fitz has been playing his ass off and has been I dedicated to the team first attitude all winners posess. What he lacks in talent he makes up for in heart.  Let's remember what that assclown Geno has done off the field as well as on the field.  Geno,was a reach as best by a crappy GM that has since left the building.  The Tom Brady's of the world are once in a lifetime finds.  To disparage fitz today is ignorant. He played well, good enough to win.  That's all you can ask.....and it was against the...... gulp.....Super Bowl champs. Now,moving forward we have a very very winnable next 5-6 games. Let's get to the dec 27 rematch and make that game count for the division.  And stop talking about the future never was that is Geno.  Next year it's petty. 

I'm glad fitzy makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside but you don't get extra points for "playing with heart". we need better QB play if we want to beat the pats or miami now that they've turned their season around

Geno Smith has been an embarassment to the Jets organization since the day he was drafted, off and on the field. The yearning for such monumental incompetence is perplexing.

fitzpatrick's poor play is the reason geno smith's name is still even being mentioned

Big Geno supporter but Marshall missed a TD pass today on the goal line not Fitzs fault 

how do you support a loser like Geno who has shown nothing on or off the field.  His arrogance and lack of dedication to his craft makes me cringe at the mention of his name.  No different then mallet missing a flight or Ryan leaf being an a$$hole. Geno,is not a leader.  I've seen enough of him to cut him.  Can't tell time , three consecutive picks and nothing between the ears.  Add that to his game management and accuracy and I say he gone as gone can get next year. 

Archived