Fitz Just Not Good Enough

JohnnyLV

Where are you getting this "conspiracy" stuff from? Save that soap box speech for someone who thinks airplanes are really UFOs.

- They repeatedly didn't call holding on the Patriots despite a sh*tload of holding occurring.

- They didn't call at least one blatant PI penalty on a would-be TD (and if they had called it then it would have been 1st & goal from the 1).

Noticing these things doesn't mean there is a conspiracy. It means they didn't call it despite these thing occurring.

However:

If you want to break down every Jets drop back and point to equal amounts of holding committed by the Jets, and PI in the end zone not called on the Jets, then be my guest and show it. Until then, your refutation holds no water other than your personal assumption that the same occurred both ways even though it was not seen by anyone. So go prove it if you contest that it is so, because your personal assumptions and faith are not proof. 

not a soapbox, it is the internet. Opinions are allowed here. Sorry it offends you that i dont think thousands of former and current officials and executives have successfully covered up favoritism for the patriots over the last 15 years. What can i say man, it dont hold up under cross examination. Somebody wouldve blown the whistle to cash in on their fifteen minutes.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hoyer can lead a team to a win when they are trailing in the 4th quarter. When was the last time Fitzpatrick has done that?

Congrats Brian Hoyer for that great comeback against the Jaguars! Impressive. This is a terrible argument. Hoyer would not have beaten the Patriots yesterday. 

The Pats had 10 drops today, incuding an Edelman TD, so I don't hold the Marshall drop against him. If the Pats didn't have so many drops they score more than 30 and we still lose even if Marshall makes the catch. The Pats shut down the run knowing Fitz can't beat them through the air.

Ivory tweaked a hamstring, and that shut down the run.    Fitz is not why we lost.  Brady played pretty close to perfect, that's why we lost.

The whole Alex Smith thing is silly.  If the 49ers don't muff a couple of punts they beat the Giants and go to the Super Bowl.

we are tied for the most Turnovers in the league according to the announcers yesterday. You really wanna take this angle ? 

1.  How many of those are WR fumbles?

2.  Yes.  I do want to take this angle.  Because Geno specializes in pick 6's and red zone turnovers.  I.E. the worst kinds of turnovers.  Fitz's tend to be far less damaging.  Hence one big reason why we're 4-2, not 2-4.

1.  How many of those are WR fumbles?

2.  Yes.  I do want to take this angle.  Because Geno specializes in pick 6's and red zone turnovers.  I.E. the worst kinds of turnovers.  Fitz's tend to be far less damaging.  Hence one big reason why we're 4-2, not 2-4.

only a wildly optimistic geno fanboy thinks we would be 2-4 with geno 

Congrats Brian Hoyer for that great comeback against the Jaguars! Impressive. This is a terrible argument. Hoyer would not have beaten the Patriots yesterday. 

hoyer 2015 stats when playing from behind:

9TD 2INT 97.9 rating

fitzy:

4TD 4INT 79.1

you're right we don't know that hoyer would have beaten the pats yesterday. But statistically we would have had a much better chance at it

hoyer 2015 stats when playing from behind:

9TD 2INT 97.9 rating

fitzy:

4TD 4INT 79.1

you're right we don't know that hoyer would have beaten the pats yesterday. But statistically we would have had a much better chance at it

So you'd rather a QB play well from behind than play well in the beginning of the game so that they don't ever get behind? Let's not forget the Texans are bad and so they're behind a lot, so of course Hoyer would have inflated numbers.

And the Texans only have two wins. If Hoyer was so good to bring his teams back, why only the two wins?

Your argument is flawed and terrible. 

right on cue haha this is too easy

I deal in reality, you can discuss lala land out of context stats all you want.  I was supportive of Fitz for yesterday's game by the way, I haven't been negative about him since he was bad against Miami.  he has been good enough to be a playoff team w/ the way he has played the last 2 weeks but when someone bring sup the better sanchez and points to ridiculous QB ratings I must chime in.

So you'd rather a QB play well from behind than play well in the beginning of the game so that they don't ever get behind? Let's not forget the Texans are bad and so they're behind a lot, so of course Hoyer would have inflated numbers.

And the Texans only have two wins. If Hoyer was so good to bring his teams back, why only the two wins?

is Hoyer playing in this system w/ the loaded talent we have on O? w/ a dominating D(until yesterday) that constantly gets the ball back to the O?

Hoyer, Fitz,... are journeymen for a reason.  if you have one you likely aren't going far but I am encouraged w/ the way Fitz has played in recent weeks.

is Hoyer playing in this system w/ the loaded talent we have on O? w/ a dominating D(until yesterday) that constantly gets the ball back to the O?

Hoyer, Fitz,... are journeymen for a reason.  if you have one you likely aren't going far but I am encouraged w/ the way Fitz has played in recent weeks.

Arian Foster, DeAndre Hopkins, Cecil Shorts, Nate Washington, Jaelen Strong, etc is a pretty solid supporting cast. Their defense is not good right now, which is the most surprising thjng about the Texans with all of the talent they have on that side of the ball. 

no what I'm doing here is showing you the difference between an average QB talent and a front-running game manager like fitz who can't win a game unless the defense hands it to him. But by all means continue your desperate defense of his play, I hope you'll be ready with more excuses when we fail against the raiders 

I deal in reality, you can discuss lala land out of context stats all you want.  I was supportive of Fitz for yesterday's game by the way, I haven't been negative about him since he was bad against Miami.  he has been good enough to be a playoff team w/ the way he has played the last 2 weeks but when someone bring sup the better sanchez and points to ridiculous QB ratings I must chime in.

he had a 97.7 qb rating yesterday, on the road, against the super bowl champions.  2 tds no picks.  he played well enough to win.  the defense couldn't make a stop when it had to.

Arian Foster, DeAndre Hopkins, Cecil Shorts, Nate Washington, Jaelen Strong, etc is a pretty solid supporting cast. Their defense is not good right now, which is the most surprising thjng about the Texans with all of the talent they have on that side of the ball. 

Arian Foster who was hurt most of the year, just came back and is hurt again.  they have Hopkins who is a playmaker but he's not Brandon Marshall.  their cast is nowhere near like ours.

no what I'm doing here is showing you the difference between an average QB talent and a front-running game manager like fitz who can't win a game unless the defense hands it to him. But by all means continue your desperate defense of his play, I hope you'll be ready with more excuses when we fail against the raiders 

The Jets are going to beat the Raiders, but your attitude is top notch. 

he had a 97.7 qb rating yesterday, on the road, against the super bowl champions.  2 tds no picks.  he played well enough to win.  the defense couldn't make a stop when it had to.

I don't care about ratings.

he did play well, I didn't say he didn't.  I was taking issue w/ posting blind QB ratings.  he played well enough to win for us yesterday, he made mistakes but overall played pretty well.  Not 98 rating well but well.  we lost mostly b/c of other areas on the team.

Arian Foster who was hurt most of the year, just came back and is hurt again.  they have Hopkins who is a playmaker but he's not Brandon Marshall.  their cast is nowhere near like ours.

DeAndre Hopkins has 17 more catches and 200 more yards with two different QBs. At least look up the stats before you speak. Then you won't look foolish. 

I think the talk of benching Fitzpatrick is beyond insanely premature, but...

After fumbling once, when he ran the ball he sure as sh*t should have had it tucked up against his body and not holding it like a loaf of bread during a scramble later in the half.  Who the **** does he think he is?  Walter Payton?   I hope Bowles gets on him pretty hard for that one.

DeAndre Hopkins has 17 more catches and 200 more yards with two different QBs. At least look up the stats before you speak. Then you won't look foolish. 

thank you for posting stats that mostly come in garbage time blowouts. how about look at the impact Brandon marshall has had?

by the way, just looking at the stats:

Hopkins: 58-776, 5

Marshall: 41-578-4

Hopkins has played 1 more game and has 101 targets, Marshall has 60 targets.  Houston has 327 attempts, NYJ 210.  Hou is always trailing and HAS to throw. that skews #s

this just reinforces my point.  stop looking at blind stats, then you won't look as foolish.

Ugh. By your "force fed" theory, wouldn't opposing teams know he is the only target and then try to shut him down each week then with their number one corners? Come on. Do better. 

101 targets and 58 recs

Marshall has 41 recs on 60 targets

101 targets and 58 recs

Marshall has 41 recs on 60 targets

So you'd rather have Marshall than Hopkins moving forward? BM has been great, don't get me wrong, but Hopkins is rising up the ranks. 

And having that many targets and only 58 completions tells you how bad the quarterback play has been in Houston. Like I said. Fitz > Hoyer. 

Ugh. By your "force fed" theory, wouldn't opposing teams know he is the only target and then try to shut him down each week then with their number one corners? Come on. Do better. 

yeah teams have been doing that all season... Do you actually watch NFL games? LOL "number one corners" Hopkins is doubled on virtually every play 

Archived