Enjoyment

BlakeSpenceBlockedPunt

The result sucked but it is actually enjoyable to watch our team play.  Couldn't say that for the last four years.

We're not perfect.  We still have flaws as a team.  But each and every game thus far our team looked, acted and played like a professional football team should.

We look prepared.  We look under control.  I enjoy watching this team immensely and am very excited and optimistic.

I'm also finding that I'm not nearly as miserable during the games as I used to be.

I can't stand taking shots at the old regime.  we had no talent the last few years.  I love Bowles and co. but he did not have his best performance, his D folded in a big spot, STs were brutal, some coaching decisions were bad.  it wasn't a crushing loss, we lost to the best team in the league in the toughest building to win in and we played them tough but we have to get a lot better if we are going to be contenders.

I can't stand taking shots at the old regime.  we had no talent the last few years.  I love Bowles and co. but he did not have his best performance, his D folded in a big spot, STs were brutal, some coaching decisions were bad.  it wasn't a crushing loss, we lost to the best team in the league in the toughest building to win in and we played them tough but we have to get a lot better if we are going to be contenders.

Rome isn't built in a day.  But hopefully in a season :D

Rome isn't built in a day.  But hopefully in a season :D

I am not going to bash our team for losing in NE like nearly everyone does.  I think they had a great learning experience w/ a young HC and some guys that haven't played in a lot of big games.  hopefully when real big games come along later in the year they can look back on this experience.  I am really excited about this team but they better be ready for a decent Oakland team Sunday.  Oak isn't bad but if we want to be for real this is a game we have to go out and win.

I can't stand taking shots at the old regime.  we had no talent the last few years. 

Agreed, ppl here love to hate on REX but I woke up yesterday morning and saw him take a roster of female tennis players and go toe to toe w/ one of the toughest teams int he league SMDH

The result sucked but it is actually enjoyable to watch our team play.  Couldn't say that for the last four years.

We're not perfect.  We still have flaws as a team.  But each and every game thus far our team looked, acted and played like a professional football team should.

We look prepared.  We look under control.  I enjoy watching this team immensely and am very excited and optimistic.

I'm also finding that I'm not nearly as miserable during the games as I used to be.

Even in wins, the old regime would embarrass us at some point before, during, or after the game. This year, there's very little of that. Other than Sheldon being a farm animal, this is a pretty professional bunch right now.

Agreed, ppl here love to hate on REX but I woke up yesterday morning and saw him take a roster of female tennis players and go toe to toe w/ one of the toughest teams int he league SMDH

Did you watch that game?  Jags are not a good team.

Regardless.  My point is that it's enjoyable to watch this team play.  Whether you want to defend Rex or not is not my concern.

I see a stark difference in how the team plays and I find it much more enjoyable to watch.

Bowles and McCagnan are 6 games into their first season. Pump the breaks, bro. Any success this year after the circus of the past few is just a bonus while they build a contending, professional team.

No talent, what a crock.  We had one bought of misfortune at CB and that is about it.  We had a stud dline, same B's we have now.  Decker and Amaro, Ivory, almost the same oline.  As for QB, Geno is essentially the same as the guy you lover in Sanchez.

No talent, what a crock.  We had one bought of misfortune at CB and that is about it.  We had a stud dline, same B's we have now.  Decker and Amaro, Ivory, almost the same oline.  As for QB, Geno is essentially the same as the guy you lover in Sanchez.

we had a good DL, that was it.  our secondary was the worst in football. 

on O our Ol wasn't as good, carpenter has been a huge addition.  Decker was mostly hurt last year and instead of being a 1 he's now a 2 w/ Marshall who is the most talented WR we have had in recent memory.  our #2 last year is now our #5/6. are you seriously telling me the talent level on last years team is similar to this year?

Geno is nowhere near Mark and neither is Fitz.

the jets spent how much in free agency this offseason and traded for 3 players, this is not the same team 

I don't know how guys can get enjoyment about watching Ryan Fitzpatrick play on a team that is a win now team, Fitzpatrick can't get this team to where it needs to go, the offense is EXTREMELY limited, the Jets 2nd round draft pick is essentially useless solely because of Fitzpatrick,  in 2 years this defense will be nowhere near as good, Revis will be older, more than likely 2 of the 3 DL guys Snacks, Wilk, and Richardson will be gone, Harris done, Marshall will be washed up, Decker on his last legs, Mangold, and Dbrick done, Ivory done.

The Jets are win now team, and they will not win unless they get an NFL QB who is not physically limited like Fitzpatrick, I'm sick of 10-6 out in playoffs because the QB isn't good enough, and the posters who are ok with trying to go 10-6 and watch the loser Fitzpatrick show over and over again he is a backup QB who should only play when the starting QB is injured just don't get it.

I can't get excited about this team knowing he is the best the team plans on playing.  And it's a shame because the rest of the team is ready to win NOW.

I don't know how guys can get enjoyment about watching Ryan Fitzpatrick play on a team that is a win now team, Fitzpatrick can't get this team to where it needs to go, the offense is EXTREMELY limited, the Jets 2nd round draft pick is essentially useless solely because of Fitzpatrick,  in 2 years this defense will be nowhere near as good, Revis will be older, more than likely 2 of the 3 DL guys Snacks, Wilk, and Richardson will be gone, Harris done, Marshall will be washed up, Decker on his last legs, Mangold, and Dbrick done, Ivory done.

The Jets are win now team, and they will not win unless they get an NFL QB who is not physically limited like Fitzpatrick, I'm sick of 10-6 out in playoffs because the QB isn't good enough, and the posters who are ok with trying to go 10-6 and watch the loser Fitzpatrick show over and over again he is a backup QB who should only play when the starting QB is injured just don't get it.

I can't get excited about this team knowing he is the best the team plans on playing.  And it's a shame because the rest of the team is ready to win NOW.

After 4 straight years of playing non-competitive football, I'm very pleased that we are currently poised to be the # 5 seed in the AFC playoffs.  Of course we all wish we had a better QB on the roster.  But constantly reminding everyone of our deficiency at the position is a great way to drain any energy this season is producing.  I've waited many years for a Super Bowl, I can wait one more.  Treat this season like the start of the process and you'll be much happier for it.  This season, we're returning to being a competitive team for the first time since late in the 2011 season.  Next year we get ourselves a new QB/start Petty and go for glory. 

After 4 straight years of playing non-competitive football, I'm very pleased that we are currently poised to be the # 5 seed in the AFC playoffs.  Of course we all wish we had a better QB on the roster.  But constantly reminding everyone of our deficiency at the position is a great way to drain any energy this season is producing.  I've waited many years for a Super Bowl, I can wait one more.  Treat this season like the start of the process and you'll be much happier for it.  This season, we're returning to being a competitive team for the first time since late in the 2011 season.  Next year we get ourselves a new QB/start Petty and go for glory. 

I totally agree but I also think that if we make the playoffs, ANYTHING can happen when you have a very good defense.  Our 2009 and 2010 team we were soooo close to making it to the Super Bowl. We have more weapons on offense this year than in those years so anything can happen if we get in.   

I totally agree but I also think that if we make the playoffs, ANYTHING can happen when you have a very good defense.  Our 2009 and 2010 team we were soooo close to making it to the Super Bowl. We have more weapons on offense this year than in those years so anything can happen if we get in.   

Yep.  To win a title these days you do need your QB to be able to elevate his play to the next level.  Flacco did this with a magical postseason run.  Granted, Fitz lacks his arm strength and thus his kind of upside, but is it truly impossible for Fitzpatrick to be capable of elevating his play if/when we reach the postseason?  Just get into the playoffs and see what happens. 

Good sentiment in this thread... I hated the Rex hire, but he got early results and made it fun. I spent the first few seasons with him pointing out extrapolating my concerns about him, but holding my breathe and wishing he'd prove me wrong. 

That energy is back in the fanbase, where we're seeing mostly positive things and it's exciting. It makes watching fun. We're playing a respectable brand of football right now. 

As of now, I've only been concerned with a very few things with Bowles. The challenges in the first few weeks, but that seems to have tightened up. The propensity to take the foot off the gas, this is something he has to learn just doesn't work in this league anymore. Otherwise, I'm really happy with him as HC so far, and how the team has responded.

Raiders game is going to tell us a lot about this team's resolve. 

Yep.  To win a title these days you do need your QB to be able to elevate his play to the next level.  Flacco did this with a magical postseason run.  Granted, Fitz lacks his arm strength and thus his kind of upside, but is it truly impossible for Fitzpatrick to be capable of elevating his play if/when we reach the postseason?  Just get into the playoffs and see what happens. 

Yep!  But I dont even think that Fitz would need to elevate his play that much.  He's doing enough to beat anyone in the league IMO.  The AFC sucks and the Jets are good enough on both sides of the ball to beat anyone they'd face in the playoffs (I should preface, at full strength). 

Only 2 teams would worry me and that's because they're led by Brady and Rodgers.  Otherwise, what team do you think is that much better than the Jets?  Denver's D is really F'ing good but Manning is done.  Our secondary would eat him alive and our DL would dominate that OL.  The  Bengals look great but until Lewis + Dalton can prove that they're capable of winning a playoff game, they dont scare me. 

That why Sunday's loss stung so much for me...that was a HUGE missed opportunity.  

I was going to say that someone on this board was going to refuse to watch the Jets this season if Fitz was the starting QB, maybe it was you.

I have a hard time believing that the plan was/is to go from a 4 win team last year to SB champs this year with new HC and Coords.  I realize we spent a ton of money (we had to by rule) but to say this is a win now team is a bit short sighted.

Interesting to note that the Fitzpatrick led Jets are 7th in the league in points per game.  This offense is good enough to win big in this league.  I agree with an earlier poster that what has really contributed to the enjoyment of watching this team is how competent the offense has been.  

They are professional.  Not perfect.  Not explosive deep down the field.  But we can move the ball in the air and via the ground.  We're diverse and can beat teams in different ways.

This team is a much more enjoyable watch.  Thank goodness because the last four years were hell...

Yep!  But I dont even think that Fitz would need to elevate his play that much.  He's doing enough to beat anyone in the league IMO.  The AFC sucks and the Jets are good enough on both sides of the ball to beat anyone they'd face in the playoffs (I should preface, at full strength). 

Only 2 teams would worry me and that's because they're led by Brady and Rodgers.  Otherwise, what team do you think is that much better than the Jets?  Denver's D is really F'ing good but Manning is done.  Our secondary would eat him alive and our DL would dominate that OL.  The  Bengals look great but until Lewis + Dalton can prove that they're capable of winning a playoff game, they dont scare me. 

That why Sunday's loss stung so much for me...that was a HUGE missed opportunity.  

Yep.  Denver's D is some scary kind of monster, but Peyton in cold weather these days is disastrous, especially if you stop their running attack.  The poor guy can barely even feel his fingertips anymore, and even less so when its cold out. 

Patriots may be the only scary team in the AFC.  2nd scariest?  If you look around and find no one else....it might just be us. 

Actually, that's not entirely true.  Steelers are the 2nd scariest when Ben gets back.  Maybe they'll get matched up with the Patriots in the playoffs.  That's the only team other than Baltimore that regularly gives the Patriots problems.

See this is why I can't get excited like 09-10, unlike those 2 years we didn't yet know what Sanchez was capable of, this year I know what Fitz is capable of, or should I say not capable of, and know there is zero chance of winning a SB with him at QB bo matter how good the supporting cast is.  He played about as good as he can Sunday, and the Pats played like sh*t for the first 50 minutes, and we were still down by 2 scores game pretty much over at the end.

Sorry just can't get excited with him being the starter, and the rest of the team deserves better, and Mike Mac better have a better plan for next season.

He elevated it Sunday to its absolute max, and the Jets got beat, if you don't see that you need to take off the homer green goggles.

He elevated it Sunday to its absolute max, and the Jets got beat, if you don't see that you need to take off the homer green goggles.

Fitz once had a 6-TD game, so I disagree.  And even if that was the best he's got, that's pretty damn good.  The Patriots have been rolling on people and we were able to keep it within one possession.  This is our QB so I choose to support him.  If you want to wave the white flag on this season, that's on you.  I choose to be optimistic.

See this is why I can't get excited like 09-10, unlike those 2 years we didn't yet know what Sanchez was capable of, this year I know what Fitz is capable of, or should I say not capable of, and know there is zero chance of winning a SB with him at QB bo matter how good the supporting cast is.  He played about as good as he can Sunday, and the Pats played like sh*t for the first 50 minutes, and we were still down by 2 scores game pretty much over at the end.

Sorry just can't get excited with him being the starter, and the rest of the team deserves better, and Mike Mac better have a better plan for next season.

Guy like you make reading this board less fun.  Fitz is our QB this year and he was the best QB available to us this year.  Where is the down side?  What exactly is your gripe and what exactly was the improvement that we missed that was available to us?  You SB or bust guys are just a downer to the rest of us who enjoy watching and rooting.

Archived