Enjoyment

BlakeSpenceBlockedPunt

Guy like you make reading this board less fun.  Fitz is our QB this year and he was the best QB available to us this year.  Where is the down side?  What exactly is your gripe and what exactly was the improvement that we missed that was available to us?  You SB or bust guys are just a downer to the rest of us who enjoy watching and rooting.

LOL yep.  Funny how a thread titled "Enjoyment" features a guy trying to make everyone else miserable with his posts.  Is that an example of irony?  I never can tell.

I totally agree but I also think that if we make the playoffs, ANYTHING can happen when you have a very good defense.  Our 2009 and 2010 team we were soooo close to making it to the Super Bowl. We have more weapons on offense this year than in those years so anything can happen if we get in.   

See but the problem with that argument is that while you could make an argument that Fitz is a better QB than Sanchez, Sanchez was actually able to make plays and the offense was not limited in what it could do. Look at the touchdown to Braylon to start the Indy playoff game (Fitz literally could NOT make that play. If he tried it would have been an interception) Or look at the comeback he almost did against Pitt.

Sanchez at QB gave us more ways to win than Fitz will in the playoffs. The NFL is so much about the QB that it is not about efficiency (which QB rating and QBR do, dominated by completion percentage) but about the ability to make game changing plays. Sanchez had that. Fitz does not.

See but the problem with that argument is that while you could make an argument that Fitz is a better QB than Sanchez, Sanchez was actually able to make plays and the offense was not limited in what it could do. Look at the touchdown to Braylon to start the Indy playoff game (Fitz literally could NOT make that play. If he tried it would have been an interception) Or look at the comeback he almost did against Pitt.

Sanchez consistently could NOT make plays, nearly cost us the playoffs in both '09 and '10, and also cost us a shot at a Super Bowl both of those years.  Saying otherwise because you remember fondly a couple nice plays he made against lousy defenses doesn't change this.

Fitzpatrick is limited, but Sanchez was freaking terrible.  All 32 teams passed on the opportunity to make him a starting QB after 4 years in the league, whereas Fitz has had a starting job in this league for 6+ consecutive years.

Sanchez at QB gave us more ways to win than Fitz will in the playoffs. The NFL is so much about the QB that it is not about efficiency (which QB rating and QBR do, dominated by completion percentage) but about the ability to make game changing plays. Sanchez had that. Fitz does not.

Another example would be Favre. He made boneheaded mistakes ALL the time. But his playmaking ability and arm were so good that he was a force to be reckoned with.  Look at Flacco. He is pretty mediocre. But he can continuously chuck it deep down the field and that changes everything about how a team needs to defend you and in Balts case allowed them to steal a playoff game from Denver and win the Super Bowl.

See this is why I can't get excited like 09-10, unlike those 2 years we didn't yet know what Sanchez was capable of, this year I know what Fitz is capable of, or should I say not capable of, and know there is zero chance of winning a SB with him at QB bo matter how good the supporting cast is.  He played about as good as he can Sunday, and the Pats played like sh*t for the first 50 minutes, and we were still down by 2 scores game pretty much over at the end.

Sorry just can't get excited with him being the starter, and the rest of the team deserves better, and Mike Mac better have a better plan for next season.

Hey Lupz27 - go take a look at the Jets team offensive scoring rankings for the last six years and keep in mind that we've never been close to 7th in points scored as a team.  This team can win with this offense and defense.  We have a good team that's enjoyable to watch (my original point).

• 2015 - 7th
  • 2014 - 28th
  • 2013 - 29
  • 2012-28
  • 2011-13
  • 2010-13
  • 2009-17

Hey Lupz27 - go take a look at the Jets team offensive scoring rankings for the last six years and keep in mind that we've never been close to 7th in points scored as a team.  This team can win with this offense and defense.  We have a good team that's enjoyable to watch (my original point).

• 2015 - 7th
  • 2014 - 28th
  • 2013 - 29
  • 2012-28
  • 2011-13
  • 2010-13
  • 2009-17

Yeah but this has nothing to do with the QB and stuff.  QB's don't score points, playmakers do.

Interesting to note that the Fitzpatrick led Jets are 7th in the league in points per game.  This offense is good enough to win big in this league.  I agree with an earlier poster that what has really contributed to the enjoyment of watching this team is how competent the offense has been.  

They are professional.  Not perfect.  Not explosive deep down the field.  But we can move the ball in the air and via the ground.  We're diverse and can beat teams in different ways.

This team is a much more enjoyable watch.  Thank goodness because the last four years were hell...

the O is good but 15 TOs in 6 games sure helps that #.

The D can be truly great, the O can be very good.  If Fitz plays like he has the last 2 weeks we can go places

Yeah but this has nothing to do with the QB and stuff.  QB's don't score points, playmakers do.

15 TOs through 6 games which prorates to 40 for a 16 game season:

2009: 31

2010: 30(w/ 6 in week 17 when we rested starters)

2011: 31

2012: 23

2013: 15

2014: 13

you think the TOs help? you think the playmakers help? nah, it's the great Fitz on his 4th team in 4 years.  I am not saying Fitz doesn't play role b/c obviously he does but it's so much more than just the QB and it's comical to see you guys attribute this mostly to the QB.

Did you watch that game?  Jags are not a good team.

Regardless.  My point is that it's enjoyable to watch this team play.  Whether you want to defend Rex or not is not my concern.

I see a stark difference in how the team plays and I find it much more enjoyable to watch.

Bortles is pretty decent and the Jags have talent.

Bortles is pretty decent and the Jags have talent.

And yet they're still an AWFUL football team. They couldn't have tried harder to lose than on Sunday. That was my biggest takeaway watching that team -- they aren't that bad talent wise but they're a bunch of losers trying to find ways to give it away. Not impressed with Bradley at all.

Archived