What does Bowles think about Coples?

Jetster

This guy is the biggest enigma or enima on this team. Talk about a disappearing act. No way he gets resigned, he's slow, makes no plays it's like he's just some guy out there. This was a bad 1st round pick. Thanks again Rex.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly he's not to big on him as he barely plays.  Which I really dont get, especially in a game like yesterday.  There was no reason for Snacks to have more snaps then him when they ran the ball 6 times.  Really dont understand how he's using him. Coples makes big plays and has had success making them vs. the Pats.

Yesterday would have been a great day to see that Sheldon-Wilk-Williams-Coples 4 man front and I dont think we did once the entire game.

bowles was asked about the defense, how well they are playig and he tried to more or less name all the guys playing well, he rattled off a sh*t ton of names.  he went out of his way to say pace doesn't get credit because he sets the edge.  I think he named basically every starter maybe he missed davis but he definitely omitted

coples.

bowles was asked about the defense, how well they are playig and he tried to more or less name all the guys playing well, he rattled off a sh*t ton of names.  he went out of his way to say pace doesn't get credit because he sets the edge.  I think he named basically every starter maybe he missed davis but he definitely omitted

coples.

And until yesterday he didn't use Kerley much either..:blink:

Yesterday towards the end of the game he was playing DE with his fingers in the dirt, like everyone here, myself included, have been asking for. He showed zero explosiveness coming off the ball. It was late in the game, and maybe he was gassed. Still, his lack of explosiveness was apparent. 

Clearly he's not to big on him as he barely plays.  Which I really dont get, especially in a game like yesterday.  There was no reason for Snacks to have more snaps then him when they ran the ball 6 times.  Really dont understand how he's using him. Coples makes big plays and has had success making them vs. the Pats.

Yesterday would have been a great day to see that Sheldon-Wilk-Williams-Coples 4 man front and I dont think we did once the entire game.

Because Snacks can occupy more than one blocker, will occasionally beat his man and pushes the middle of the pocket, something that Brady doesn't care for all too much. Coples doesn't make big plays, he blows assignments. The half a dozen or so clothesline plays he's made in his career as a Jet hardly qualify him as a successful, big play guy.

Hope he signs with a team running a 4-3. 

Why? Will he somehow magically understand how to show some effort and chase the guy with the ball? Or how to shed a block? I don't doubt he's been flummoxed by his assignments in the past, but when you're built like he is there comes a point where you just have to play and flash. He does neither.

ON a day like yesterday, you have to mix and match a little more.  Not too many guys can pass rush 45 times without getting REALLY tired.

Because Snacks can occupy more than one blocker, will occasionally beat his man and pushes the middle of the pocket, something that Brady doesn't care for all too much. Coples doesn't make big plays, he blows assignments. The half a dozen or so clothesline plays he's made in his career as a Jet hardly qualify him as a successful, big play guy.

Why? Will he somehow magically understand how to show some effort and chase the guy with the ball? Or how to shed a block? I don't doubt he's been flummoxed by his assignments in the past, but when you're built like he is there comes a point where you just have to play and flash. He does neither.

you're totally right. The heck was I thinking? 

Most people dont understand that. 

yeah but that can't happen this year since he already lost all the weight Idiot rex told him to lose. It could take a few years to build that back up so he could play in the middle again and that probably wont happen on the Jets

24 reps, didn't make it to the stat sheet

LINEBACKERS POS OFF DEF ST Total
Davis, Demario ILB   67 8 75
Harris, David ILB   67 8 75
Pace, Calvin OLB   45 8 53
Coples, Quinton OLB   24 8 32
Lattimore, Jamari ILB   1 18 19
Reillly, Trevor ILB     18 18
Henderson, Erin ILB     11 11
Mauldin, Lorenzo OLB     7 7

That says it all & with his frame how come he isn't batting a pass down once in a blue moon, something we could have really used yesterday. Ninkovich showed up on film constantly. We could have chosen Chandler Jones, or Donte Hightower or Bobby Wagner but Rex told him if he was there he was taking him because Rex can get any lazy slug to play.

Just a wild thought here...if Trevor Reilly got 24 snaps, betcha He makes the stat sheet.

yeah but that can't happen this year since he already lost all the weight Idiot rex told him to lose. It could take a few years to build that back up so he could play in the middle again and that probably wont happen on the Jets

Another delightful parting gift from Rex: take a guy who ran the three-cone like a tree sloth and turn him into a linebacker. Fat ******* yutz.

I really was focused on him on only 1 play and haven't watched it again yet. But he got shoved out of the play, away from Brady, with relative ease. And it was like the only non-holding from a NE blocker all game.

He is as soft as freshly baked bread. If he was here I'd tell him to his bitch face. 

His sorority should have branded him with a zero instead of burning that hideous thing onto his arm.  A zero brand, right over where his heart should theoretically be located.

the reason you haven't seen coples much is that the jets are playing nickel over 60% of the time and coples is usually the odd man out, he's just not really a fit especially if the jets want to have the 4 horseman up front

If he was any good he'd never be the odd man out. He doesn't play because he stinks, not because of any specific defense they are playing. He is a liability, and doesn't deserve the limited time he gets now.

If he was any good he'd never be the odd man out. He doesn't play because he stinks, not because of any specific defense they are playing. He is a liability, and doesn't deserve the limited time he gets now.

that sounds like a rational well thought out analysis

Archived