the real reason why the jets lost to the pats

ylekram

there are many reasons posted on this message board describing why the jets lost sunday. offense couldn't keep up, its brady "why even bother", special teams, dropped passes, officiating, etc. the list goes on and on

but the real reason is that bowles just got out coached by the best in the business. belichick came in with a masterful game plan and executed it. take away Brandon marshall, take away the jets running game (although, mostly thru injury) make Fitzpatrick beat you, and keep brady upright. he succeeded.

part of bowles game plan went to hell with the injury to ivory. I am sure he planned on establishing the run. the other plan should have been to shut down brady and which that didn't happen. decent job early on, but when tom started getting into his groove, bowles didn't make the proper adjustments. kept a tired defensive front rushing all game with no blitz help. in the 4th quarter, they might as well not of been playing

to beat brady, you need to pressure him. something the jets didn't do well after early on in the game. ya some say rex has success with coverage against brady, but that's when the pats oline was virtually impenetrable. now the pats oline is make shift, and I saw very little blitzing.

some say that the pats oline was holding all game. fine. you send 1 more rusher than they can hold. adjustments

he coached a soft & scared game when an aggressive game plan was needed. very apparent at the end of the half. he could have called a time out at 2:35 with 2 time outs left after the pats drive had stalled. way too conservative. you cannot play the pats at home with this mindset. an aggressive game plan wins this game

i really like todd bowles. he gets to redeem himself the next time and i think he will. hell, maybe 2 more times. but as it stands, i hope he learns. you can beat most of the teams in this league, with the talent the jets have, with limited mistake football. to beat the pats, you have to be aggressive

now on to oakland

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well part of what you say is true, but with Fitz there literally is not another game plan he can roll out and he cannot do anything to get NE to change the way they are game planning against him.

Bowles was very stubborn and quite uncreative in how he tried to create pressure in the game, and was way way too conservative.

well part of what you say is true, but with Fitz there literally is not another game plan he can roll out and he cannot do anything to get NE to change the way they are game planning against him.

Bowles was very stubborn and quite uncreative in how he tried to create pressure in the game, and was way way too conservative.

his offensive game plan worked besides the run game. fitz= 300 yards, 5 scoring drives, zero interceptions, on the road. not sure how much more you want considering the offense was 1 dimentional, on the road, against the super bowl champs

It's very fair to say Bowles got out-coached.  Let's hope he admits this to himself as well and learns form it.  If he does learn from it, he'll be the first coach to learn from his mistakes since Parcells.

Bowles should have called a TO.

Having TOs is useless without having time to play. You can always spike the ball to stop the clock.

It comes down to a few things in my mind:

1. Bowels got out coached (it is going to happen esp. when playing against BB)

2. It is hard to hold an offense down a whole game in this league especially with Brady at QB

3. Pryor and Skrine getting hurt

4. Defense getting gassed (the Offense has to do better in 4th Q as well)

im convinced they knew our D call through headphone spying on the gronk delay td........no way that play could be called at that moment....... just cant convince me

that play was a defensive miscomunication. only 1 guy was supposed to blitz, but both blitzed leaving gronk a walk in

there are many reasons posted on this message board describing why the jets lost sunday. offense couldn't keep up, its brady "why even bother", special teams, dropped passes, officiating, etc. the list goes on and on

but the real reason is that bowles just got out coached by the best in the business. belichick came in with a masterful game plan and executed it. take away Brandon marshall, take away the jets running game (although, mostly thru injury) make Fitzpatrick beat you, and keep brady upright. he succeeded.

part of bowles game plan went to hell with the injury to ivory. I am sure he planned on establishing the run. the other plan should have been to shut down brady and which that didn't happen. decent job early on, but when tom started getting into his groove, bowles didn't make the proper adjustments. kept a tired defensive front rushing all game with no blitz help. in the 4th quarter, they might as well not of been playing

to beat brady, you need to pressure him. something the jets didn't do well after early on in the game. ya some say rex has success with coverage against brady, but that's when the pats oline was virtually impenetrable. now the pats oline is make shift, and I saw very little blitzing.

some say that the pats oline was holding all game. fine. you send 1 more rusher than they can hold. adjustments

he coached a soft & scared game when an aggressive game plan was needed. very apparent at the end of the half. he could have called a time out at 2:35 with 2 time outs left after the pats drive had stalled. way too conservative. you cannot play the pats at home with this mindset. an aggressive game plan wins this game

i really like todd bowles. he gets to redeem himself the next time and i think he will. hell, maybe 2 more times. but as it stands, i hope he learns. you can beat most of the teams in this league, with the talent the jets have, with limited mistake football. to beat the pats, you have to be aggressive

now on to oakland

I agree to a point. There's aggressiveness and then there is Chuck Pagano

If we're going to tag just one reason to explain the loss it has to be the Ivory injury because we couldn't rely on the run to help along the offense. Had we been able to keep the offense on the field a little longer with some rushing plays the defense would have been less likely to be gassed at the end and we could have managed the clock a little better (also helping out the defense). But obviously there were lots of small pieces of the game that contributed to the loss.

The dropoff between Ivory and the rest of the RBs is a serious problem. Powell has never looked so terrible running with the ball. I don't get what has happened with him. He's not great by any means but he is having such a terrible year when he gets the ball. I feel like a lot of it is the plays he's being given but he's not immune from criticism for his play.

I agree - the biggest reason we lost was because Ivory was hurt, not because of coaching.  If the game plan depends on having balance between Ivory, Marshall, and Decker, then if any of them are hurt, the plan is screwed.  If Ivory had been running hard the whole game, than the *Pats* defense would have been worn down in the 4th quarter, not us.

Yes, our plan is fragile - but it is what it is.

I agree - the biggest reason we lost was because Ivory was hurt, not because of coaching.  If the game plan depends on having balance between Ivory, Marshall, and Decker, then if any of them are hurt, the plan is screwed.  If Ivory had been running hard the whole game, than the *Pats* defense would have been worn down in the 4th quarter, not us.

Yes, our plan is fragile - but it is what it is.

the offense had 5 scoring drives. all one dimentional. what did bowles think would happen during the 4th quarter with brady having all the time in the world in the pocket? yes, not having ivory hurt, but the jets offense, for the most part, over came that

While I agree completely that we were forced out of our offensive game plan immediately due to Ivory's injury, to say that the Jets were not aggressive enough is pretty silly. We were leading into the fourth quarter and were a drop in the end-zone from an eight point lead. Given the lack of a running game, we did pretty well overall. To me, 3rd and 10 has to be stopped; 3rd and 17 has to be stopped. Game would have shifted momentum with either play shut down. But coverage was soft in both cases. Plays have to be made on both sides of the ball -- that's execution, not coaching.  which I do believe was a product of fatigue. Give the Pats some credit for sharp play in the fourth. That's what turn the tide for them.

While I agree completely that we were forced out of our offensive game plan immediately due to Ivory's injury, to say that the Jets were not aggressive enough is pretty silly. We were leading into the fourth quarter and were a drop in the end-zone from an eight point lead. Given the lack of a running game, we did pretty well overall. To me, 3rd and 10 has to be stopped; 3rd and 17 has to be stopped. Game would have shifted momentum with either play shut down. But coverage was soft in both cases. Plays have to be made on both sides of the ball -- that's execution, not coaching.  which I do believe was a product of fatigue. Give the Pats some credit for sharp play in the fourth. That's what turn the tide for them.

a product of fatigue is coaching. if you know that your non existent pass rush is fatigued, send some help

a product of fatigue is coaching. if you know that your non existent pass rush is fatigued, send some help

A 2 second release will make any pass rush look non-existent. Even then they got 3 and half sacks. Brady up-tempo'd in the second half which added to the fatigue. And he passed a zillion times, which demanded passing defense to be on the field virtually continually. No one but Brady and maybe Aaron Rodgers would get away with such a skewed attack.

A 2 second release will make any pass rush look non-existent. Even then they got 3 and half sacks. Brady up-tempo'd in the second half which added to the fatigue. And he passed a zillion times, which demanded passing defense to be on the field virtually continually. No one but Brady and maybe Aaron Rodgers would get away with such a skewed attack.

if you watched the game, there weren't many 2 second releases.  more like all of 3 seconds. i know that doesn't sound like a lot, but its enough for a blitzer to made brady release the ball before he wants to.the pass rush looked non existent because it was non existent. severe holding, fatigue, whatever. the jets defense needed to blitz between the tackle and guard to create pressure. they didnt

31 fan bases in the NFL are convinced NE either holds or commits PI on every play.

Most of the people I interact with daily openly admit Brady gets "great QB" affordances, that the Pats coach to hold more than could ever be flagged in a game, that they get an advantage for not being flagged for those pick plays, and that their corners get away with murder. They're all Pats fans. Some are reluctant to admit it, but they do.

t

They did, on the screen to Gronk for a TD.  It's not like they never blitzed, but he gets the ball out so quick that he beats it a lot.

Archived