Who to root for: Pats or Fins?

Bronxville Jets Fan

My two least favorite teams so this matchup is always difficult for me.  Usually I just root for injuries, but this time I'm also struggling with trying to figure out which team losing is the better result for the Jets.  A loss by NE would help keep division title hopes alive, but a loss by the Fins would keep them further away from the Jets and wild card contention.   So it seems to me that if your goal is for the jets to simply make the playoffs, the safe play is to root for the fins to lose.

Thoughts? 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll always hate the Dolphins more. It's hardwired into my DNA. 

Also, in this situation, I'd hate the Dolphins to sneak up on the Pats after we wore them out. I'd also hate the Dolphins to enter the wildcard picture.

How about this? Dolphins lose, but Brady sprains his vagina is is out for the year.

I'll always hate the Dolphins more. It's hardwired into my DNA. 

Also, in this situation, I'd hate the Dolphins to sneak up on the Pats after we wore them out. I'd also hate the Dolphins to enter the wildcard picture.

How about this? Dolphins lose, but Brady sprains his vagina is is out for the year.

Exactly.  Hate the fins and don't want their over confident fans to feel like they won a SB

My two least favorite teams so this matchup is always difficult for me.  Usually I just root for injuries, but this time I'm also struggling with trying to figure out which team losing is the better result for the Jets.  A loss by NE would help keep division title hopes alive, but a loss by the Fins would keep them further away from the Jets and wild card contention.   So it seems to me that if your goal is for the jets to simply make the playoffs, the safe play is to root for the fins to lose.

Thoughts? 

Why does this question even ever come up? Anyone but the Pats.

We are one up on the Fins already as we won our "away" game with them & get them in MetLife next time. Fins win, Suh is suspended for season after crushing Tom Brady with a late hit (nothing serious, right rotator cuff tear).

Everyone gets to talk about Karma biting both of them in the azz!

I will never root for the Patriots to win but I am rooting for the Dolphins to loose.

Pats are a given for the playoffs and most likely the division crown.  Lets get those losses for all the potential wild card teams in the AFC.  

Guys at work all of a sudden think they are play-off bound cause the Fins beat 2 of the worse teams in the league back to back. F THEM. They talk about a 41-0 halftime lead but not the 26-3 deficit in the 2nd half. I would rather have dysentary then see  the fins win ANY game.

I hate the Pats more than I have ever hated any team ever. 

Could not agree more.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I simply cannot understand how any Jet fan can hate ANY team more than the Patriots.  From Mumbles the Mess and how he walked away from our organization, to the organizational and systematic cheating, to Brady's diva persona, to the fact that they have made this division nearly impossible to win for 15 years, to the classless way they try to embarrass teams, to their Tubby Gasbag of an owner...   that said, I will be rooting for NE because, in my mind, they could go 16-0 and worst case 13-3 and we aren't competing with that.  Better to have them push the middling teams further down.

Because older Jets fans feel the way about the Fish that we do about the Pats.

Hate them both. Won't watch the game and will take the silver lining from the result.

I don't like either team but I would love to listen to the nfl radio on my morning commute without having to try to understand what they are saying through the sound of Brady and the Patriots gargling in the back of their throats.

Could not agree more.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I simply cannot understand how any Jet fan can hate ANY team more than the Patriots.  From Mumbles the Mess and how he walked away from our organization, to the organizational and systematic cheating, to Brady's diva persona, to the fact that they have made this division nearly impossible to win for 15 years, to the classless way they try to embarrass teams, to their Tubby Gasbag of an owner...   that said, I will be rooting for NE because, in my mind, they could go 16-0 and worst case 13-3 and we aren't competing with that.  Better to have them push the middling teams further down.

No.

I can not deal with a 16-0.   Have to hear every year about the greatest team of all time.  No, no, no.

No a Fin win helps Jets so its a NO BRAINER.. Let the Fins win!

With all do respect CB if the Fins win which I think they will. It They will be a threat to us for a wildcard spot. They have a vey easy schedule and if they continue to play like they did the last two weeks we could have a problem. I hate the Fins more than anything but their offense is fast Lazor is now allowed to run his offense with the recently hire Al Saunders. 

With all do respect CB if the Fins win which I think they will. It They will be a threat to us for a wildcard spot. They have a vey easy schedule and if they continue to play like they did the last two weeks we could have a problem. I hate the Fins more than anything but their offense is fast Lazor is now allowed to run his offense with the recently hire Al Saunders. 

Exactly my view.  Unless Brady is injured, I'm gonna bet that NE wins the East again.  We need Miami and Buffalo to lose out while winning most of our games.

Archived