Who to root for: Pats or Fins?

Bronxville Jets Fan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My two least favorite teams so this matchup is always difficult for me.  Usually I just root for injuries, but this time I'm also struggling with trying to figure out which team losing is the better result for the Jets.  A loss by NE would help keep division title hopes alive, but a loss by the Fins would keep them further away from the Jets and wild card contention.   So it seems to me that if your goal is for the jets to simply make the playoffs, the safe play is to root for the fins to lose.

Thoughts? 

It sthe Pats by far. We need the Fins and Buffalo to get smacked down.

The Pats will be in playoffs regardless...

We need this game to be a bloodbath for both sides. For some reason lately we just have the Fins number. I don't think they can withstand the Patriots offense anyway but like us the Fins can lose to anyone on an off day, not the case with the Pats. Jets have to get this one on Sunday, toughest trip they have. Get by this game & let the defense feast on Titans, Texans, Jags, beat up Bills.

I'll be rooting for the Phins.  I don't wish for the media perfect season rhetoric to be ramped up and shoved down our throats any more than it is now.

So true but on the flip side, it will be....the Dolphags defend their undefeated season from 40 years ago by defeating the undefeated Patriots.  The Dolphags take a lot of pride in that season to the point that they still try and hold it over the entire NFL's head even though 90% of their 300 person fanbase wasnt alive to witness it.  

With all do respect CB if the Fins win which I think they will. It They will be a threat to us for a wildcard spot. They have a vey easy schedule and if they continue to play like they did the last two weeks we could have a problem. I hate the Fins more than anything but their offense is fast Lazor is now allowed to run his offense with the recently hire Al Saunders. 

hmmmm good point and

Good Grief!!!

as much as it would hurt the jets in the playoff race, gotta root for the fins here. there is no scenario on gods green earth where i would ever root for the pats

lol ... I will phrase it as I'm rooting more for improving Jets playoffs chance than I am for NE loss

You know what I love about the general tenor of this thread... it's a snapshot of the reality that even after a decade and a half, the Patriots are still the secondary recipient of Jet fan loathing. Plays right into their fan base and that inferiority complex.

The fins are a game behind us and are currently 0-2 in the division.  If we can't beat them in NY and we can't win enough games (especially considering who we play) to be ahead of them for the wildcard race, then not only do we not deserve to go to the playoffs, but we will certainly not do well even if we get there.

Because of that and how much I hate the Pats, you have to root for the phins, or a tie...

I don't think Miami wins tonight, I don't think the Jets can take the division, but you have to play for it.  Root for the Pats to loose every week until they start loosing...

I don't want them to go 16-0 either but I'd rather Denver or the Jets knock them off, not Miami.

I just want them to lose.  And Denver will not beat them.  Jets might, but for right now, anyone can beat them, I don't care. 

Did I mention the hate? 

I used to hate the Dolphins with a passion, but Brady and the Pats I hate even more. I will be rooting hard for two things. A Miami victory and Brady's sprained vagina.

Oh, I hate the Fish.  First season I remember was the Mud Bowl.

But come on.  Parcells?  Taking (and over paying) Curtis Martin?  BB coach for a day?  Stealing most of the coaching and front office to go with him, leaving us with Groh?  Cheating, cheating again.  Whatever it is, 147 division titles.  Screw them.  SCREW.   THEM.  ALL.

With all do respect CB if the Fins win which I think they will. It They will be a threat to us for a wildcard spot. They have a vey easy schedule and if they continue to play like they did the last two weeks we could have a problem. I hate the Fins more than anything but their offense is fast Lazor is now allowed to run his offense with the recently hire Al Saunders. 

actually the fins have the hardest remaining schedule in the NFL

Archived