Mets - World Series Thread

Maxman

I am far from a Mets fan being a lifelong Yankee fan from the Bronx.  I found this Mets team somewhat likeable.  I really hope that they pull it off, and I do think they are more than capable of winning the next 3.

I agree except for the part of winning. They are capable of being world series champs except things bounced the other way this time.  Theres a chance.  Last year the Royals got the short end.

I dont understand why us Yankee fans cant be respectable to this Mets team.  Most of our JETS brothers are Mets fans and I want it for them.

I agree except for the part of winning. They are capable of being world series champs except things bounced the other way this time.  Theres a chance.  Last year the Royals got the short end.

I dont understand why us Yankee fans cant be respectable to this Mets team.  Most of our JETS brothers are Mets fans and I want it for them.

I never got the whole hating the Mets or Giants thing.  Unless they play us they can only help us by beating AL and AFC teams.  Not a fan by any stretch, but I don't understand the disdain (from Mets and Yankee fans).  Now screw any team in the Rangers or Knicks conference though.

+1

Yankee fan here, pulling for the Mets.

I've never understood the pretend animosity between Jets/Giants and Mets/Yankees fans, we never play each other.  Islanders/Rangers makes sense, was a legit rivalry, we were in each other's way for a decade once. 

SAR I

+1

I've never understood the pretend animosity between Jets/Giants and Mets/Yankees fans, we never play each other.  Islanders/Rangers makes sense, was a legit rivalry, we were in each other's way for a decade once. 

SAR I

Absolutely...FUKK the Islanders! :)

I still have nightmares where I hear Marv Albert repeatedly saying "Trottier to Bossy, Bossy back to Trottier"

I remember in the late 70s  as a kid the first time they beat the Rangers in a playoff game. OT goal and that was the beginning of their run.   Islander fans are some of the worst sports fans.  IMO. 

Murphy wasn't going to keep hitting the way he did in NLCS. Some other guys (Cespedes, etc) need to step up.

Series right now to me is more about Mets mistakes than the Royals winning. 

Mets will win tonight and get this back to KC for at least a game six.

I'm respectful of the Mets team I think they are very good with a great pitching staff . Its their fans that make me sick . Simply because I'm a Yankee fan they think they can get in my face because they make it to the WS once every 2o years.

I agree with Faba this probably was not the place to give it back since none of the Mets fans I currently have to deal with post on this site :)

Murphy wasn't going to keep hitting the way he did in NLCS. Some other guys (Cespedes, etc) need to step up.

Series right now to me is more about Mets mistakes than the Royals winning. 

Mets will win tonight and get this back to KC for at least a game six.

The WS just like most other sports come down to the team who makes the least mistakes, You give any team of that caliber extra outs its not going to be pretty

+1

SAR I

SAR if you grew up in NY how could you not feel the rivalry between the fans ? It was far from pretend where I hung out in Brooklyn there was ALWAYS the who's better than who arguments and boy was it glorious when your team won

SAR if you grew up in NY how could you not feel the rivalry between the fans ? It was far from pretend where I hung out in Brooklyn there was ALWAYS the who's better than who arguments and boy was it glorious when your team won

It happened to me for sure between Rangers and Islanders fans, but as a Yankee fan I never picked on a Mets fan and as a Jets fan I was never picked on by a Giants fan.

I guess its just a matter of what town you grew up in and the culture of the kids in the neighborhood.  My experience as a Yankee fan is that we don't care about the Mets, they mean as much to us as the Pirates.  Similarly, I don't think Giants fans care about the Jets, we mean as much to them as the Jaguars. 

SAR I

Archived