Get Well Soon Win4ever

Maxman

I heard from Alvin tonight via email. This guy is amazing, he is dealing with so much and his spirit sounds great. He wasn't able to watch the Jets game on Sunday, I let him know he didn't miss much.

He was finally removed from ICU into a regular unit. And now he has a lot of rehab ahead of him. He doesn't know when he will be released but his best guess was several more weeks.

We are praying for you Alvin! Stay positive and keep working hard.

great news!

• Upvote 1

Some good news. Alvin is out of the hospital. He is in rehab but he has a long road ahead. They told him that he has months of rehab.

His family setup a go fund me page for anyone that can help out, every little bit helps them during this tough time.  Thanks!

https://www.gofundme.com/forannie-alvin

thank god they found him.  i'd be very frustrated as well if the landlord, police weren't helping.  i don't know what i would have done - probably call 911 and say i am at the house and need help or call the police and say some emergency.  not that you should have to do any of that of course.  

• Upvote 1

Some good news. Alvin is out of the hospital. He is in rehab but he has a long road ahead. They told him that he has months of rehab.

His family setup a go fund me page for anyone that can help out, every little bit helps them during this tough time.  Thanks!

https://www.gofundme.com/forannie-alvin

Definitely worth donating for all the work Alvin put in.  I saw a lot of posters saying Alvin's film breakdowns were what they looked forward to most on a weekly basis.  It was great that he took his personal time to add that to the site.  Personally, I think it would be awesome if folks clicked the link and gave a few bucks.  JMO of course.

All the best Alvin.

• Upvote 1

I heard from Alvin again. He said thank you so much to everyone who has wished him well and to those that have donated as well.

He gave me an update, the rehab is going alright, he still has a lot of numbness on one side but things are getting better. He can walk with a cane now, so that is progress. They told him he is looking at months for the numbness to go away. 

He is going to try and start doing film reviews again soon. I told him not to worry about it but his wife was so moved by all the kind words here, she said she would help him type things up.  I told him not to worry about this, but damn his film reviews were pretty good. So hopefully he does them soon (even though I told him not to).  :)

If anyone can, a donation of any size is appreciated:  https://www.gofundme.com/forannie-alvin

He has a long road ahead of him recovery wise. 

Thanks!

• Upvote 1