Last NE touchdown

long suffering jets fan

Happy with the Jets progress, but blitzing Gilchrest and leaving Gronk uncovered on the final TD had to be one of the worst defensive calls I've ever seen.

not disagreeing but you have to pick your poison. There is another thread going now about how we didnt blitz enough on the 3rd and 17 and had too many men drop into coverage. You only have 11 guys out there. In hindsight everyone has the answer.

Obvious blown coverage by somebody. I guarantee you that's not how Bowles & Rogers drew that up. Only seven games in, Pryor got hurt, Bailey is a newer guy still learning. Jets have a lot on film now of Pats to learn from. Its tough when they throw 55 times. Front 7 wore out in the 4th. We needed more running game but Ivory got tweaked.

Really sucks with Ivory because the Pats got lucky, they didn't get the Ivory that the Skins saw. As much as we dislike Bilal, we needed a healthy Bilal at least as an outlet on the edges of the defense. Pats didn't have to defend the width of the field AT ALL. It was a huge deal & had a ripple effect allowing Ninkovich & Jones to crash inside a lot more without any worries of setting the edge.

not disagreeing but you have to pick your poison. There is another thread going now about how we didnt blitz enough on the 3rd and 17 and had too many men drop into coverage. You only have 11 guys out there. In hindsight everyone has the answer.

You don't blitz 9 and leave the best TE in the league uncovered. Its not pick your poison. Its senseless. Now I understand it was most likely a blown coverage, but that falls on the HC to ensure players know what their assignments are and not get confused as to who is covering the TE.

You don't blitz 9 and leave the best TE in the league uncovered. Its not pick your poison. Its senseless. Now I understand it was most likely a blown coverage, but that falls on the HC to ensure players know what their assignments are and not get confused as to who is covering the TE.

...and that is why it hurt so much having Pryor go down.  It's not that Pryor was shutting down Gronk, but when you switch guys around you are much more likely to have somebody who doesn't know, is uncomfortable, or has a brain freeze.

It was a block and release by Gronk but still, the man should never be left alone.  Let him block you and be prepared if he takes off.

Right. It was a read and react play for the offense. Gronk "blocks" the edge guy and gives him the inside lane. When he breaks, he's looking for the ball immediately. Have to leave a LB or Safety in the box to have a chance at him. Unfortunately, I think we we're still at 2nd down, so a play in the middle of the field probably sucks enough clock off to lose you the game anyways.

Picking yoru poison is the correct word. They SHOULD have blitzed the slot DB on 3rd and 17 but instead they had the DB play off and allowed the receivers enough time to make it passed the markers and brady enough time to make the throw. 

Blitzing that DB and having the safety shade would have most likely created a 4th down situation. I dont know what happened on that last TD, Im assuming that the DB covering Gronk blitzed once recognizing Gronk in pass coverage and got caught on the fake. I havent watched the game again yet so im not sure if it was an all out blitz or if Gronk made a great play on the fake. 

The Jets should have blitzed on that 3rd and 17 though. No way they should have given Brady an opportunity to scan the field like that. 

What do want the coach to do, run out on the field and remind the players of their assignment? Somebody screwed up in their assignment. How is that on the coach?

Happy with the Jets progress, but blitzing Gilchrest and leaving Gronk uncovered on the final TD had to be one of the worst defensive calls I've ever seen.

So, I read a good breakdown on that.

All game, if Gronk stayed in to block, his man would blitz.  Gronk and Brady just came up with, let him come on a blitz, slow him and drift out for a pass.  Voila, wide open TD.   That's what happens when players play together for 4, 5, 6 years.  They learn to work together really well.

So, I read a good breakdown on that.

All game, if Gronk stayed in to block, his man would blitz.  Gronk and Brady just came up with, let him come on a blitz, slow him and drift out for a pass.  Voila, wide open TD.   That's what happens when players play together for 4, 5, 6 years.  They learn to work together really well.

Not true - - it was a blown coverage. Bowles talked about this. 2 DBs blitzed from the same side - you saw it as they blitzed - I saw it live - after the throw  they looked at each other - they knew.

Archived