Anyone see game replay on NFL Network?

Jetster

Very disturbing to watch. You can literally see holding by the Pats Oline on every throw where Brady couldn't get it out right away. You see both Leo & Sheldon on different plays being held by their shoulder sleeves while they have the inside track to Brady.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just an NFL fact that this league is a billion $ business & the faces of this business are Tom Brady & Aaron Rogers. Difference is that Rogers can protect himself, Brady needs more help as he's the pocket man. I'm not taking anything away from Brady he's a great QB but this league does not want to let him get hurt. There's already a plethora of bad football & horrific QB play on display in this league. Especially this year it's the haves & have nots, not much in between where the Jets are sitting now at 4-2.

In other news there is unrest in the middle east....

Like you said the league will protect its premium players, just like any other sport superstars get special treatment. If we had a superstar under center we would not be bitching about it.

I haven't rewatched the game yet, but watching live I definitely saw on at least 4-5 occasions blatant, obvious holding by the Pats line and it was not called 1 time (I don't think the Pats had a holding call all game go against them).

As much as I hate the conspiracy theorists, in this particular instance you almost have no other explanation other than the NFL wants to protect its face of the league and will let certain teams get away with holding more than others, particularly the Patriots and I would assume the Broncos as well although I do not watch many of their games and when I do I'm not always focused on the line play.

Brady does help his line by getting rid of the ball extremely quick which also plays a big role in him limiting the amount of hits he takes, but it seems pretty clear refs are very passive when it comes to calling holding on his offensive line as well.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Pretty sure sign of holding when the defenders end up backwards at the end of the. Play.  Patriot offensive line tackle better than most D lines in the league.  FACT!!

So true.  I saw some very excellent tacking form on Sunday - by the O line of the Patsies.

There were two offensive holding penalties, one apiece (Jets one was offset by two defensive penalties).

(3:53) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 12-T.Brady pass short right to 11-J.Edelman to NYJ 20 for 9 yards (41-B.Skrine). PENALTY on NE-71-C.Fleming, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at NYJ 29 - No Play.

On the above, what would have been 2nd & 1 at the Jets 20 became 1st and 20 at Jets 39, and eventually was a Patsie FG to go 13-10 up.

Very disturbing to watch. You can literally see holding by the Pats Oline on every throw where Brady couldn't get it out right away. You see both Leo & Sheldon on different plays being held by their shoulder sleeves while they have the inside track to Brady.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just an NFL fact that this league is a billion $ business & the faces of this business are Tom Brady & Aaron Rogers. Difference is that Rogers can protect himself, Brady needs more help as he's the pocket man. I'm not taking anything away from Brady he's a great QB but this league does not want to let him get hurt. There's already a plethora of bad football & horrific QB play on display in this league. Especially this year it's the haves & have nots, not much in between where the Jets are sitting now at 4-2.

Let's not forget the PI on Cumberlands potential TD.

It's truly amazing how much help the Pats get. 

I can't BELIEVE you guys WAAAA WAAAA WAAA always whining about the Patriots. Get over it man, the Patriots are pissah great man. If there was holding it would have been called. And besides, Belichik is so great he doesn't even NEED to cheat or get so many non-calls.

I can't even fake it well. I'm one of those idiots who want to see Brady's career ended not by an illegal hit or nothing, but maybe the same way that it happened to Marino and Vinny in 99, some phantom invisible hand reaching up and grabbing his right ankle like something from a horror movie.

So before you start calling me names for writing that, remember the day that Vinny got hurt and the way the Pats fans were all laughing at the Jets - I am old enough to remember it happening online on the old Rivals boards

This WILL happen. Thats not even joking. 

It just amazes me how that lat penalty got called that conveniently ended the game just in CASE the Jetrs would have pulled off a miracle-and had that one not been called the Hail Mary would DEFINITELY would have been on the Jets-we had ZERO chance not with the way the officials call the games up there.

In other news there is unrest in the middle east....

Like you said the league will protect its premium players, just like any other sport superstars get special treatment. If we had a superstar under center we would not be bitching about it.

But we dont have a superstar under center and we've been dealing league favoritism at some capacity with the Pats for 15 years. Thats a long time bro. 

The problem with this logic (and im not saying that you're wrong here...I believe this to be what's happening as well) is that there's a possibility that these "superstars" may have just been "stars" if not for the help or turning of the eye by Refs. Pushing favorable calls/non calls in their direction could over inflate what they are. Its to the point where you have to outright beat this team on all levels just two win by 7 or less. 

The Pats have only lost by 14 or more points 3 times the last 7 years if im correct. Every game these guys are in it, if their opponent scores 35 points best believe the Pats also scored 30 something. As a team in that division, knowing that your chances of making the playoffs relies more on winning the division than your overall record, knowing that unlike other sports have have 8 playoff teams...there are only 6 spots per conference and its not based on the 6 best records but 4 division winners and 2 of the top records, to be in this division knowing that these guys are getting the benefit every week is upsetting. 

You could be right regarding players in other sports, but this is further than just protecting Brady. Brady doesnt block for himself, yet his Oline can hold for 60 minutes. This is about protecting a franchise. And even if protecting a franchise in other sports is done, I've never seen favoring a team/player to this extent even after much allegations and confirmations of cheating. 

I would bet my bottom dollar that if the Pats were in a hurry-up offense with time winding down the Refs wouldnt have flagged Edleman for not resetting and letting the clock run out when Brady is trying to spike the ball to set up a game winning/tying play. 

We dont have a superstar under center, but its still bullsh*t what we've had to deal with for 15 years with this Pats team. 

It just amazes me how that lat penalty got called that conveniently ended the game just in CASE the Jetrs would have pulled off a miracle-and had that one not been called the Hail Mary would DEFINITELY would have been on the Jets-we had ZERO chance not with the way the officials call the games up there.

So funny you said this. When you wrote me I was responding to someone else explaining exactly this. 

No way in hell the Refs would have flagged Edleman or any other WR on the Pats for not resetting when the Pats are in a hurry-up and Brady is looking to spike the ball. 

Of all the things that actually upset me in that game (though not much, Jets played hard) it was that play being flagged and the type of penalty requiring a run-off of time to take the opportunity away for the Jets to tie the game. 

It literally took me to the next morning to calm down. And yes, most of my frustration is collective with this team. But even if the call was right, which im not arguing, to know that this call wouldnt have been made if it was Brady and the Pats is what was so upsetting. 

So funny you said this. When you wrote me I was responding to someone else explaining exactly this. 

No way in hell the Refs would have flagged Edleman or any other WR on the Pats for not resetting when the Pats are in a hurry-up and Brady is looking to spike the ball. 

Of all the things that actually upset me in that game (though not much, Jets played hard) it was that play being flagged and the type of penalty requiring a run-off of time to take the opportunity away for the Jets to tie the game. 

It literally took me to the next morning to calm down. And yes, most of my frustration is collective with this team. But even if the call was right, which im not arguing, to know that this call wouldnt have been made if it was Brady and the Pats is what was so upsetting. 

VTF-we've been watch the same sh!t happen for 14 years in a row now with this team, it's been almost 30 games we've had to watch Brady and the Patriots being given every break imaginable by the league and the refs and the Jets literally having to play a perfect game or there to be a muddy field for the Jets to prevail-after the last mud game that we won, even that was taken out of the equation since they changed the turf the next day to make SURE it never happens again.

VTF-we've been watch the same sh!t happen for 14 years in a row now with this team, it's been almost 30 games we've had to watch Brady and the Patriots being given every break imaginable by the league and the refs and the Jets literally having to play a perfect game or there to be a muddy field for the Jets to prevail-after the last mud game that we won, even that was taken out of the equation since they changed the turf the next day to make SURE it never happens again.

It's sickening to have experienced it. Peyton Manning will always be the better QB of this era in my book. **** Tom Brady and the Pats forever and a day!

The Super Bowl will be called The Brady Bowl in 5 years and they will award the winner The Belichik Trophy as the red silver and blue confetti swirls down

True, and instead of a football on top of the trophy, it will have a great big asterisk. 

Let's not forget the PI on Cumberlands potential TD.

It's truly amazing how much help the Pats get. 

That was bad.  And the announcer fellating the the Pats for good coverage. 

Yeah, grabbing the receivers arm is great coverage.  Not legal, but really freaking effective!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. You can call holding on almost every play for almost every team. If the play lives long enough, someone held. Can't call them all and can't win them all. Best to stop whining about calls and just get better as a team.

Are you just going to rivals sites and starting crap? I see you over on Finheaven running your mouth as well.

Archived