Where the hell did the Pats find Dion Lewis?

Jetster

This guy is exactly what we needed, a Sproles type back. Honestly, we have no chance to beat the Pats at equal strength no injuries. Lewis is a game changer when you have Gronk, Edelman, Amendola & Lafell. They are very, very, good.

Real answer: Pats got lucky.  They were throwing sh*t at the wall to see what stuck when it came to replacing Vereen.  They already has White on the roster.  They picked up Cadet and Lewis to kick the tires.  Lewis had been out of football last season, and played no football the year before because of a broken leg.  Anyone could have signed him and given him a shot.

Lewis fit the mold of what the Pats were looking for to replace Vereen, and he performed the best of the bunch.

Real answer: Pats got lucky.  They were throwing sh*t at the wall to see what stuck when it came to replacing Vereen.  They already has White on the roster.  They picked up Cadet and Lewis to kick the tires.  Lewis had been out of football last season, and played no football the year before because of a broken leg.  Anyone could have signed him and given him a shot.

Lewis fit the mold of what the Pats were looking for to replace Vereen, and he performed the best of the bunch.

Well ain't that a kick in the azz. Guy adds another dimension to that offense that they didn't need.

This guy is exactly what we needed, a Sproles type back. Honestly, we have no chance to beat the Pats at equal strength no injuries. Lewis is a game changer when you have Gronk, Edelman, Amendola & Lafell. They are very, very, good.

BB does a great job of finding players who fit a role on his team.  It's that simple.

I hate them, and him.  Hate.  But he is so good at finding people, putting them in position to maximize their capabilities.

As much as i hate both teams. Wouldn't it be funny to see them go undefeated until the giants game and then lose again to giants lok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No cause I hate the Giants just as much .I say they go undefeated and face us in the AFCCG and we torch them by 40 and sack Brady 10 times causing him to retire from the tremendous beatdown

Right now the Patriots are outKellying Chip Kelly! The difference is the Pats have Tom Brady & he can do just about anything you put in the playbook except throw deep accurately, but in today's NFL you don't have to. Their offense is like a pumped up WCO but Gronk takes it to another level because of the personnel you need to check him. They already spread you out & they you add a jitterbug like Lewis & it seems they are almost unstoppable. Pretty sad to watch when you hate them as much as we do.

Kick over a can a couple decent rb's pop out.  Unfortunately the jets love north-south backs who don't have any speed or power.

The guy I liked as an UDFA (I like I drafted him in the 6th in the JN mock) is Akeem Hunt out of Purdue.  My analysis of the tape (youtube highlights) had me excited for him for a role we haven't used much since Bruce Harper.  He is small, but a very good receiver and return man.  The Giants had him this preseason and he looked pretty good, but they waived him with an injury settlement.  The Ravens just picked him up.  I think the #1 problem with Hunt would be picking up the blitz.

Not taking anything away from Lewis, but if we had a passing game that was unstoppable, teams would stop stacking the box against us and spread out.  That would open lanes.  Again, Lewis looks great.  But if he was on the Jets (or another team that has a worse passing game) it would be completely different.  The Jets use the run to set up the pass, the Pats throw the ball and occasionally run.  Big difference.

This role in their offense is what produces these players. They aren't "finding" anyone, they are just scheming to a particular skillset really well. Not to take away from Lewis, but this role is the evolution of they were doing with Kevin Faulk a decade ago. Lots of guys have excelled in it. 

Ultimately, it comes down to Brady making everything they do out of that offense look brilliant.

You know the pats recognized that this guiy is a big player maker after they:

A) Did not cut him or bench him for any length of time after he put the ball on the ground and

B ) Signed him to an extension.

And yes, the Jets do need this type of player imo.  We have a very good back in Ivory but we need a smaller shifty guy as well.

This role in their offense is what produces these players. They aren't "finding" anyone, they are just scheming to a particular skillset really well. Not to take away from Lewis, but this role is the evolution of they were doing with Kevin Faulk a decade ago. Lots of guys have excelled in it. 

Ultimately, it comes down to Brady making everything they do out of that offense look brilliant.

I don't agree with this.  The Pats have had a LOT of really good receivers in who have not worked out.  Welker, Gronk, Edelman, LaFell, Amendola, Lewis, and Moss all seem to understand what Brady is going to do -- or at least what Brady needs them to do.  Good quarterbacks always seem to have one or two guys who 'are on the same page', but, right now, Brady has five.  The ability to make something work when things don't go as planned keeps the chains moving.

Lewis is a Jag, the way the Patriots offensive line has mastered getting away with holding is going to make anyone standing behind it look like a stud. The kid is no superstar and the Patriots are beatable.

+1.  Lewis would have been brought down for no gain on this play if it hadn't been for all the holding going on.  That also explains why Ridley and BJGE used to make plays like this all the time.

dion.0.0.gif

NEs backfield is mostly made of scrap heap guys.

Lewis was cut by the Indy Dolts. Blount was cut by the Steelers, Bolden was undrafted, White was drafted out of Wisconsin but hasn't shown much.

+1.  Lewis would have been brought down for no gain on this play if it hadn't been for all the holding going on.  That also explains why Ridley and BJGE used to make plays like this all the time.

dion.0.0.gif

Sorry, you are right. I totally forgot that a Jag cant make plays against one of the worst defenses currently in the NFL and that one good Gif is what makes an all pro RB. 

Archived