Color Rush Uniforms?

JohnnyLV

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we're supposed to get excited about a shade of a color?  This is utter nonsense and a waste of time. I guess sales of the "throwback" uniforms wasn't justifying that crap anymore so they conjured up this really awesome and exciting scheme.

Sometimes I just can't even laugh anymore

Just to set everyone's expectations appropriately: This is going to be terrible.  They are not wearing the 80's throwbacks.  Get that out of your mind.

The press release and the tease video indicate that it'll basically be our current uniform, with the older shade of green, and possibly a green helmet.  It will be a monstrosity.  You are far more likely to see something like the hideousness depicted below.

349151_display_image.jpg?1321600571

Unless they change the number style, the photo that is shown seems to indicate that it just may be the color.  The stripes on the helmet looks kelly green too.  There really is no reason to do the pants and the shoes.  That's overkill.  Especially if its all green vs all blue.  I will be at that game so even though I'll be in the upperbowl I definitely won't have a problem locating players.

Just advertised on TNF.  Sounds like a Nike marketing gimmick to drive sales of alternate style jerseys.  Basically specialty jerseys for the next 4 TNF games.

Yup. Anything for marketing, which is really Roger Goodell's strength as commissioner. It'll be ugly, we all know that given the horrific unis worn by Tampa Bay and Jacksonville. I am sure I will hate whatever the Jets wear that night. These apparel designers are a bunch of gay guys splashing color willy nilly to make the players look "marvelous"

Just advertised on TNF.  Sounds like a Nike marketing gimmick to drive sales of alternate style jerseys.  Basically specialty jerseys for the next 4 TNF games.

oh, I saw something earlier this year where starting next year teams will face off w/ their color jerseys on TNF games.

Archived