Color Rush Uniforms?

JohnnyLV

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually mean the creativity of the color change through the tuner. Lol

I would love black unis

Maryland+v+West+Virginia+hAAmxkxsQX-x.jp

Yeah, I know right.....just hit Hue a few taps to the left and you can Color Rush the Jets any day you like.

As for black, I like grey.  Use your imagination on the photo for a moment, put our green/white stripes on the jersey's and pants, green numbers/letters, white undershirts, white helmet, done.  See, the color of the helmets can't change (league rules) and so whatever we choose as a true alternate has to work with the white helmet (we can change the decals).  Black jersey's don't work with a white helmet, but light grey jersey's do.

SAR I

Could this be more underwhelming?

This would be like the Yankees changing from Midnight Blue to Black pinstripes for a day.  Wha?

We need a third color, should be grey, then we could have an all-grey uniform with the green and white strips and that's that.  The helmet rule (can't change the helmets out) ruined all the throwback and alternate stuff anyway.

SAR I

why can't they paint the helmets?  they repaint them white every week, why not paint them green one week and use the 80s throwbacks?

why can't they paint the helmets?  they repaint them white every week, why not paint them green one week and use the 80s throwbacks?

green-bay-packers-throwback-jerseys-head

They're plastic, they're not painted, the scuffs are polished out and the green decals are replaced where needed.

The NFL decided that changing headgear for the sake of throwbacks and alternatives was dangerous for the players (concussions) and so someone needs to develop a decal that can cover an entire helmet in order for the white to change to something else.  3M makes matte film that can change a car exterior, they need to work with the NFL on that for these one-week one-offs so we can get some variety in here.  When you see the Bears, Steelers, or Packers go throwback these days, they're just taking all the stickers off the helmets to make the 'retro' look work (Packers used to wear brown helmets, now they're yellow). 

SAR I

green-bay-packers-throwback-jerseys-head

They're plastic, they're not painted, the scuffs are polished out and the green decals are replaced where needed.

The NFL decided that changing headgear for the sake of throwbacks and alternatives was dangerous for the players (concussions) and so someone needs to develop a decal that can cover an entire helmet in order for the white to change to something else.  3M makes matte film that can change a car exterior, they need to work with the NFL on that for these one-week one-offs so we can get some variety in here.  When you see the Bears, Steelers, or Packers go throwback these days, they're just taking all the stickers off the helmets to make the 'retro' look work (Packers used to wear brown helmets, now they're yellow). 

SAR I

I thought they painted them each week?  that yellow for Gb looks duller than usual

Indianapolis+Colts+v+Green+Bay+Packers+4

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9694560/no-break-process-new-nfl-helmets

If there's a big gouge in the paint that I can't cover up with some of the techniques I have, like with a paint pen, then I'll take all the parts out of the inside of the helmet and put those parts into a newly painted shell.

I understand that they just remove decals or change them for certain teams throwbacks.  I thought they refinished them weekly as they always look new entering a game.  it's hard to buff out all the hit marks.

Jersey looks fine, helmet looks fine, don't even mind the crazy green cleats. everything else looks ridiculous. Still better than the bumble bee steelers uniform though I suppose.

We are going out of our way to camouflage our own team.

Heaven help Ryan Fitzpatrick trying to find his receivers against green grass, green stadium walls, and a sea of green fans. 

SAR I

rex coming to town

short week

puke uni's

I have a bad feeling about this

Ditto.

I'm seeing Fitzpatrick lasting a half on Sunday with his thumb acting up, lose to the Jags, Geno fed to the Bills, fan anarchy, "we want the pumpkin" Part II.

SAR I

We are going out of our way to camouflage our own team.

Heaven help Ryan Fitzpatrick trying to find his receivers against green grass, green stadium walls, and a sea of green fans. 

SAR I

Let us PRAY that it is Fitzpatrick at QB and not Geno for that game.

So much for their so-called monochrome look. Amazing how after all the millions they supposedly spend on design, Nike still can't simply make a shirt with one shade of green. Well done.

Looks like it was too expensive to make a short-run of the shoulder stripe (elastic, different material) which is pretty silly considering the billions the NFL and Nike spend/make each year.

The Marshal jersey is actually pretty good looking.

It'll be interesting to see what it looks like in person and on TV.  Read today (Cimini ESPN) that the Color Rush thing is happening because this November is the 50th anniversary of the first full-color broadcast of a regular season NFL game (Thanksgiving Day 1965).  Weak anniversary to be celebrating, looks like this will be a one-off just to stimulate sagging Thursday Night Football ratings.

SAR I

Archived