JetNation \ FanDuel League: Week Eight

Maxman

42 entries on Saturday morning. Eek.

I didn't promote it at all. It isn't even in the NFL Forum. I have several messages into Fan Duel and they haven't responded. So I don't want to put our name on this if they are going to open it up. I need two things from them:

1) Them to give us the league on Monday like they said. I can't keep promoting this on Friday and having us get to 250 - 350 and then they open it up.

2) Need to know what we need to do to keep this a JN only league.

I would like to get this on Monday, have it be a 300 person league and then we would be good to go. They just don't respond this year at all. I have reached out to them a lot this year by phone and email. Kind of isn't worth the effort involved to be honest.

got excited when it wasn't open at 12:47 and started putting in more lineups..  at 12:50 it was open and it quickly shot up to near 300 so I cancelled a bunch.

did the same. Looked at it at 12:45 and there were 124 entries. Within ten minutes there were 440.

I do think they opened the league, looks like we have 500 people in it.

I am glad that I didn't promote it. Seems like we were at 175 through JetNation with no promotion. And then they filled it at the last minute.

I will try to get us a 250 person league next week that we fill on our own.

How do they even find an open league so quickly? I would imagine there quite a few groups that get opened up in the final 10 minutes. How do they fill up so dam quickly?

tens of thousands of ringers refreshing the lobby looking for soft games to export their lineups into.

Can anyone explain the IRS taxing on winnings?  I started with 25 bucks in week 1 and now by week 8 I have about $350. However if I understand it correctly I have won over 600 bucks because it doesn't really count what I spent/lost.   I haven't tried withdrawing any money but will Fanduel report this to the IRS anyway or is it if I try withdrawing anything.  

Thanks again Maxman and Jetnation. I can't explain my hot streak, but at least I am keeping some of the winnings in-house. Is there any way for me to throw jetnation a little donation? Was thinking about buying some jetnation gear. 

How hot is your hot streak?  :)

Archived