Wow was I wrong!

Jetster

Well, I guess we don't have to worry about the Dolphins fighting us for a wildcard spot. Looks like Ware is done with an Achilles injury & I had no clue that the Fins Oline was that bad as they were, plus they lost their LT.

The Patriots are WAY BETTER than I even thought. I think we got lucky getting to play them without Dion Lewis, we already got to see what Sproles did to us. I don't think I've ever seen such a top heavy NFL with so many bad teams. I know there are no moral victories in the NFL but seeing how easily the Patriots are beating teams at least our Jets gave them a battle for 4 quarters. Of course in hindsight they had 10 drops & Dion Lewis didn't play. 

Its pretty sobering seeing them own the league again with a 38 year old QB that stated he wants to play 10 more years. Brady will never say it but this is definitely a revenge tour. He goes crazy when he has an incompletion or misses a throw. I have never seen a QB striving for the kind of perfection he's trying to reach. Anything can happen on any given day but I'm blown away by just how perfectly constructed that team is in 2015. I think the only thing that derails them is injuries. I think we'll get a shot at them, it's all you can ask for, but they are way better than they were in 2010.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the pats got lucky cause they played us with a 50% Ivory 

I remember watching Olympic hoops in the early 90's, US vs. Brazil.   Marv Albert on play-by-play and I forget who the color guy was.  A guy named Joao Vianna checked in for Brazil and the color guy launched into this long story about Vianna's defending and rebounding skills, saying that Vianna is the Brazilian Dennis Rodman.  Then he stopped himself and said "But I'm sure Rodman would be offended by that comparison". 

Marv Albert, after a beat:  "Perhaps it is Vianna . . . who would be offended by the comparison".   I lol'd. 

Anyway, that's what your comment made me think of. 

I remember watching Olympic hoops in the early 90's, US vs. Brazil.   Marv Albert on play-by-play and I forget who the color guy was.  A guy named Joao Vianna checked in for Brazil and the color guy launched into this long story about Vianna's defending and rebounding skills, saying that Vianna is the Brazilian Dennis Rodman.  Then he stopped himself and said "But I'm sure Rodman would be offended by that comparison". 

Marv Albert, after a beat:  "Perhaps it is Vianna . . . who would be offended by the comparison".   I lol'd. 

Anyway, that's what your comment made me think of. 

Pretty sure it was a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Well, I guess we don't have to worry about the Dolphins fighting us for a wildcard spot. Looks like Ware is done with an Achilles injury & I had no clue that the Fins Oline was that bad as they were, plus they lost their LT.

The Patriots are WAY BETTER than I even thought. I think we got lucky getting to play them without Dion Lewis, we already got to see what Sproles did to us. I don't think I've ever seen such a top heavy NFL with so many bad teams. I know there are no moral victories in the NFL but seeing how easily the Patriots are beating teams at least our Jets gave them a battle for 4 quarters. Of course in hindsight they had 10 drops & Dion Lewis didn't play. 

Its pretty sobering seeing them own the league again with a 38 year old QB that stated he wants to play 10 more years. Brady will never say it but this is definitely a revenge tour. He goes crazy when he has an incompletion or misses a throw. I have never seen a QB striving for the kind of perfection he's trying to reach. Anything can happen on any given day but I'm blown away by just how perfectly constructed that team is in 2015. I think the only thing that derails them is injuries. I think we'll get a shot at them, it's all you can ask for, but they are way better than they were in 2010.

you add this with the fact the ref's refuse to call holding penalties and it makes it that much worse. At least they called some of the dirty blocks they are known for early in the game. They lost another OLineman last night wonder what stiff they will plug in to hold next game ? Problem is they will continue to do it until it starts getting called but it does not seem to be coincidence as the Pats O-Line gets decimated (which would have crippled most if not all teams) all of a sudden the refs stop calling holding penalties. I hate this cheating organization I hate the way the NFL kisses their ass it makes me sick to my stomach I hate them almost as much as Don Shula at this stage and that's saying a lot since I wanted that **** to be rolled off a cliff in his wheel chair on fire while sh*tting his pants 

I just truly dont understand how anyone thought this would go any different.  It's the NFL. Their is no parody.  It's the most predictable league in the world. 

The Pats are running the table BTW.  No nobody is beating that team in the regular season.  Not a chance.  The only hope is the Packers make the Super Bowl and Rodgers out duels Brady.

I just truly dont understand how anyone thought this would go any different.  It's the NFL. Their is no parody.  It's the most predictable league in the world. 

The Pats are running the table BTW.  No nobody is beating that team in the regular season.  Not a chance.  The only hope is the Packers make the Super Bowl and Rodgers out duels Brady.

Cardinals vs Pats in Superbowl.  That team can score like I eat.

Pats will play Arizona in the Super Bowl, not Green Bay.

WE can beat em at home, put on your big boy pants. Sad to hear Jet fans just giving up before mid season...WTF

no way in hell Pat go undeflated

But, but, I thought you said Tannehill can throw a 30 yard out on a dime! 

Props for starting this thread the day after though. 

WE can beat em at home, put on your big boy pants. Sad to hear Jet fans just giving up before mid season...WTF

Winter is coming and the ball is only going to get harder to catch!  Doesn't anyone notice the amount of drops and fumbles have gone up?  Obviously, they aren't all resulting in turnovers, but Tom's ball is harder to hold onto this year!

Winter is coming and the ball is only going to get harder to catch!  Doesn't anyone notice the amount of drops and fumbles have gone up?  Obviously, they aren't all resulting in turnovers, but Tom's ball is harder to hold onto this year!

Ha! Now yer talkin!

I disagree.  Virtually every team has an off week in a 16 game season.  

But if they have to I would be okay with it as long as they lose in the superbowl.  Normally I don't root for the Giants (and I know they are mediocre this year)  but I would love to see Eli beat Brady again because:  (1) that would be three superbowl losses to the same guy and no wins and that would be awfully big footnote to  his legacy; and (2)  I live in New England and delight in the tears of Pats fans, which are not shed nearly enough.

Cardinals vs Pats in Superbowl.  That team can score like I eat.

Pats will play Arizona in the Super Bowl, not Green Bay.

Meh, not impressed.  They beat the worst teams in the NFL and lost to the only 2 teams that are even remotely competitive. 

no way in hell Pat go undeflated

I disagree.  Virtually every team has an off week in a 16 game season.  

But if they have to I would be okay with it as long as they lose in the superbowl.  Normally I don't root for the Giants (and I know they are mediocre this year)  but I would love to see Eli beat Brady again because:  (1) that would be three superbowl losses to the same guy and no wins and that would be awfully big footnote to  his legacy; and (2)  I live in New England and delight in the tears of Pats fans, which are not shed nearly enough.

Who do they lose to?  I dont see a loss left on the schedule.  Maybe Denver's D can hold them down.  Maybe the Jets?  Doubt it.  They're rolling and nothing is slowing them down. 

Skins, @Giants, Bills, @Broncos, Eagles, @Texans, Titans, @Jets, @Dolphags

Patriots have the #1 or #2 QB, the best HC, and the NFL is so concerned about protecting their marquee players that they allow the Pats to hold.  Combined with the discipline of their players it is very very hard to beat. It is a combination of a bunch of things.

TV coverage of them is insufferable though. Announcers openly route for them, they have like 10 segments on how wonderful they are and how brilliant Kraft is each game. It is just nauseating. I actually watched yesterday without sound after a while. 

Who do they lose to?  I dont see a loss left on the schedule.  Maybe Denver's D can hold them down.  Maybe the Jets?  Doubt it.  They're rolling and nothing is slowing them down. 

Let's face it. The Giants will play them close for no apparent reason, eke into the playoffs, Eli will get hot and we will be faced watching an undefeated Pats team play the Giants in the SB for the third time in a row with this scheduling. 

Throw a WR screen pass and gain 10 yards.  Other teams do the same thing and they get minus yardage.  Incredible especially since you know they are going to do it often.

The refs allow them to block before the ball is thrown. It's called a pick and it is illegal, but the back judge is usually preoccupied with checking out the new cheerleader uniforms or trying to see if the nearest vendor has bratwurst. Might as well just put the Pats in the SB right now. They could line up five chicks from the lingerie league and opponents still wouldn't get a finger on Brady.

Patriots have the #1 or #2 QB, the best HC, and the NFL is so concerned about protecting their marquee players that they allow the Pats to hold.  Combined with the discipline of their players it is very very hard to beat. It is a combination of a bunch of things.

TV coverage of them is insufferable though. Announcers openly route for them, they have like 10 segments on how wonderful they are and how brilliant Kraft is each game. It is just nauseating. I actually watched yesterday without sound after a while. 

Dont forget the GOAT at TE.  Because he is.

Let's face it. The Giants will play them close for no apparent reason, eke into the playoffs, Eli will get hot and we will be faced watching an undefeated Pats team play the Giants in the SB for the third time in a row with this scheduling. 

Seems about right.  lol

Not to bust your nuts, but "There is no parody," is pretty funny. I'm always amused at some of the spelling errors that lead to odd statements. Jets Nation needs to hire a spelling teacher pronto. I wonder if Jetser has "taken a peak" at the other threads yet. Edmund Hillary would be proud.

The Pats rested against the Bills week 16. 

Not to bust your nuts, but "There is no parody," is pretty funny. I'm always amused at some of the spelling errors that lead to odd statements. Jets Nation needs to hire a spelling teacher pronto. I wonder if Jetser has "taken a peak" at the other threads yet. Edmund Hillary would be proud.

Parity.  Yes.  I'm the worst speller ever and it doesnt help that I type fast and never check my grammar/spelling.

I'm surprised T0mShane didnt catch it.  Thats like, his thing. 

Archived