******The Official Jets -- Raiders Game Day Thread******

joewilly12

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the Jets were up on the Pats last week and the Mets hadn't started the WS yet, I told mine that was pretty much as good as my sports life was ever going to get because the universe will correct itself. And sure enough, Yahtzee.

mets are winning 2nite, never dead with a pitching staff like this

@nyjets: Bowles: Fitzpatrick suffered torn ligaments in thumb. MRI tomorrow. 

Smith injured left shoulder and abdomen. Further evaluation needed.

like I said. Petty had better be ready. 

I heard Sperm mention something about Orton earlier. I think we need to call him right now, I really don't feel like ruining another QB prospect even if it mean conceding the season. If he's not willing or able to play trade for somebody. This team isn't winning it all anyway. I'd even bring in that **** stick Mallet before I'd want to throw Petty into the fire

I heard Sperm mention something about Orton earlier. I think we need to call him right now, I really don't feel like ruining another QB prospect even if it mean conceding the season. If he's not willing or able to play trade for somebody. This team isn't winning it all anyway

Orton is retired and a slow pocket passer with an average arm. I saw him in Buffalo and he put up the same number of points a game as EJ Manuel. I think he's done with football too.

Orton is retired and a slow pocket passer with an average arm. I saw him in Buffalo and he put up the same number of points a game as EJ Manuel. I think he's done with football too.

I'm at the point where I'm conceding the season if we're forced to start Petty. I'd call Vinny Testaverde again before putting him in this year

Have faith Jet's fans, every team has one bad game a year, a head scratcher if you will. Jet's defense had a bad day, I can't see them repeating this type of performance again, they are just too talented.

Also 2 terrible non calls, don't think it would've changed the game, but bad non calls nonetheless. The helmet crest to the chest of Geno should've been a personal foul, and that was definitely pass interference on the last pass to Marshall, don't know what the refs were looking at.

Keep your heads up Jet's fans, you guys have a good team with a bright future.

Don't try to give me hope. I've already accepted our fate, because God is a dickhead.

nah, all except for our football team being the equivalence of Bill Murray in Groundhogs Day life is pretty damn good-hey you went to a great college, have a beautiful Asian wife and cool son, and you don't have to live in Masshole

Massachusetts or Hades-hot Florida...you're winning bro

Once geno went in I thought we had a chance, no not really.   I really though uh oh.  I was right. Geno is a below average Qb that is a lil light upstairs.  Fitz and Petty and ....................thats all we got

the head coach and QB coach and OC have to be held accountable too-how could they NOT have told hiom "whatever you do Geno, do NOT take a sack here-throw it in the stands" THAY is on Herm I mean Todd

the head coach and QB coach and OC have to be held accountable too-how could they NOT have told hiom "whatever you do Geno, do NOT take a sack here-throw it in the stands" THAY is on Herm I mean Todd

We didn't lost because of the sack. We lost because our D gave up like 4 straight TDs. Geno made good throws and good decisions for most of the game.

I'm in the airport terminal getting efffffed up after watching this abomination of a game. **** the jets. And most importantly, **** Geno Smith. 

Geno is bad but he isn't calling the plays remember that. Chan Gailey COME ON MAN way better out there we hire him. 

Geno is bad but he isn't calling the plays remember that. Chan Gailey COME ON MAN way better out there we hire him. 

Well, with a hobbled Decker, a limping Marshall - no Owusu no Enuwa no Devin Smith...it was like same old problem for Geno...cant use the whole playbook with no weapons.

Why would the coaches have to tell him something that he should have been taught in like pop Warner? He's just not smart enough to be an NFL QB. Decent physical tools but not the mental capacity. 

Why would the coaches have to tell him something that he should have been taught in like pop Warner? He's just not smart enough to be an NFL QB. Decent physical tools but not the mental capacity. 

because it's their job Carl-they have to know that the guy who is leading the offense is focking stupid, so then it then becomes THEIR JOBS to try and help him to play smarter. I always go back to the 98 season and watching Vinny throwing the ball away at PARCELLS INSISTENCE. If it's not there, throw it in the stands, do NOT give it away on an INT and the results showed-Testeverde had his best year ever.

because it's their job Carl-they have to know that the guy who is leading the offense is focking stupid, so then it then becomes THEIR JOBS to try and help him to play smarter. I always go back to the 98 season and watching Vinny throwing the ball away at PARCELLS INSISTENCE. If it's not there, throw it in the stands, do NOT give it away on an INT and the results showed-Testeverde had his best year ever.

+1 

If that means the OC telling him, right after calling in the play to Geno's helmet, "Now don't forget you can't take a sack. Internal clock, count to 4 and if the play's not there, throw it away if..." then that's what it means. Yes, even if it means every play. Especially if he's got a history of taking bad sacks in such late-game situations, and it's his first time in a game action since 2014. I said in another thread (I think I did) he's probably the only QB in the NFL who hasn't at least had pre-season live action this year, and it's not like he's exactly an all-time great to begin with. Not for nothing, but with that type of every-play, in-game reinforcement some of it might actually stick so he doesn't need to be reminded after a while.

What kind of dumbass sh*t is it to say, "Well, it's not my fault. If he doesn't already know this instinctively, then I absolve myself of blame as his coach..."? You coach up a player as much as is needed, not as much as you want to need.

Further, if he's that rusty (and gets mopey when he fails) why have him start out so early going downfield 20-30 yards on back to back attempts (the first off which was on 3rd and 3)? Let him get a little rhythm going first. Some passes with high percentages of success. 

Game thread starters

0 - 1 joewilly12

1 - 1 AFJF

Anyone remember the other thread starters? I wonder if there is someone out there with a winning record? If so we should probably ask, nicely, for that guy to come back.  Just a thought.

Truthfully how many Jets fans who have been around watching every move that this team has made over the past two decades didn't already KNOW that they were going to lose this game? Since 1999 the Jets have played 10 games out west and lost 7 of them.

What you guys don't know is that there is another reason that the Raiders won that game. The name and the reason is Corey Jones. Corey was a Christian drummer from Palm Beach County who went to school with my oldest daughter. Last week at around 3 in the morning Corey Jones' car broke down on I-95 and he was making calls to get some help. A plainclothes undercover detective walked up on him without identifying himself and proceeded to shoot and kill the kid. Corey was a church-going, hardworking and well respected young man of the community and his death has sparked outrage nationwide. Corey being the big Raiders fan that he was got a little gift from the Heavens as a going away present

Archived