Paging the Best D Line....

chirorob

We've lacked any type of game-changing talent on the edge since Big Abe. As much as I love the Leonard pick, I think this team would have been better if they drafted someone like Vic Beasley, even though he hasn't quite put it all together yet. We desperately need speed on the outside and it shows on 3rd and longs and late in the game. 

Williams has done NOTHING this year 

i disagree.  Williams actually had a very good games at the beginning of the year but hasnt showed up for the last couple of games.  He'll be alright.  Too much talent and he is young so it will take time for him to get it all together upstairs.

You cant rush the QB with 4 defensive tackles and expect to get good pressure on a consistent basis.

Coples as 4-3 DT is probably their best pass rusher. He needs to see the field. 

It's tough.  I'm not the huge fan of the 3-4 anymore.  Not because of the last 2 weeks, just in general the game is so fast, and the 3-4 relies on guys who are bigger.

I don't know what to do.  Could Mo be a 4-3 left end with Williams and Sheldon as pass rushing D Tackles, with Snack rotating in, and then try to find a RDE?  I know they do play some 4-3 as well, but this isn't working.  Plus, pressure = turnovers.  No pressure, no turnovers last 2 games.

It's tough.  I'm not the huge fan of the 3-4 anymore.  Not because of the last 2 weeks, just in general the game is so fast, and the 3-4 relies on guys who are bigger.

I don't know what to do.  Could Mo be a 4-3 left end with Williams and Sheldon as pass rushing D Tackles, with Snack rotating in, and then try to find a RDE?  I know they do play some 4-3 as well, but this isn't working.  Plus, pressure = turnovers.  No pressure, no turnovers last 2 games.

3-4 defense sucks the fact that we have the slowest LBs in the league doesn't help either

is it me or have they not looked as good since Richardson returned? 

Not you. They played better without him.

To be honest, I do not think Wilk is really a $10M+ player, and Richardson is a block head. I think Williams will come around, but our DL is really overrated. In fact, I think that Snacks might be the most important DL even though he never gets the press or recognition. Re-sign Snacks, let Wilk and Richardson go and play the compensatory game like Baltimore.

They are below average rushing the QB.

You cant rush the QB with 4 defensive tackles and expect to get good pressure on a consistent basis.

Coples as 4-3 DT is probably their best pass rusher. He needs to see the field. 

Coples is in his last season with the Jets but I actually agree he's probably their best interior rusher, or could be, it's just never gonna happen with this roster. Total fish out of water on this team. Glad to see Mauldin picking up more reps off the edge. At least we can still feel glimmers of hope with Mauldin.

the raiders have a very good o-line.  they have 3 guys in the top 10 in pass pro

bowles is stubborn, he hasn't adjusted to the fact that his 4 man rush can't get home

This.  He's playing too much coverage and relying on a DL that doesnt get to the QB.  Especially with the rotations he uses.  There's times where he's got 4 in that literally have zero change of getting a rush.  (Douzalbe, Harrison, Pace, Wilk) - sh*t like that.  It's gross.  Really starting to question his personnel packages.  How is Coples getting no run if you're trying to create pressure with just 4?  Idk.  Weird stuff going on in Jets land on D. 

Where did all the blitzing go?  

He's not a DE. We should go to a 4-3 and play Williams and Harrison in the middle. My guess it has to do with working Richardson back into the rotation

we're already using 4-man fronts

I don't want to crap on Bowles I think he's done a good job so far but I miss Rex's exotic blitzes.

Archived