Report: Jets looking to trade for a QB

jetscrazey

2h2 hours ago

We've been told that that the Jets are looking to trade for a QB. Don't know who, and it has to be done by Tuesday's trade deadline.

Perhaps this means Geno Smith is more injured than we think. Fitz seems like a max 4 week injury.

Only QBs worth trading for are Glennon and Mettenberger in my opinion.  They must be desperate.  Do they consider Petty?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no reason to trade future assets to salvage an already-lost season.

To do so mortgages the future for a not-worth-it-present.

Sign whomever is available on the street once we IR Fitz, Geno gets his last tryout, the Rook gets to be #2, and the Street the #3.

At this point, it won't matter anyway because the season, such that it was, ended today in terms of postseason competitiveness.

Sign whomever is available on the street once we IR Fitz, Geno gets his last tryout, the Rook gets to be #2, and the Street the #3.

At this point, it won't matter anyway because the season, such that it was, ended today in terms of postseason competitiveness.

Well this is a piss poor way of looking at things and completely wrong. The season is not over. The schedule is easy enough to navigate and you never know what could happen in the playoffs. 

There's no one to trade for.   The Cowboys just picked up cassel and he is total garbage.  Who are the jets going to get - RG 3?  Johnny football?   In a league where McCown, hoyer, and cassel are starters there really isn't anyone available.   Best case they bring back flynn or Johnson to backup Petty.  

Well this is a piss poor way of looking at things and completely wrong. The season is not over. The schedule is easy enough to navigate and you never know what could happen in the playoffs. 

Same old Jets would sell future assets to go 7-9 instead of 6-10.

If you want to be a SOJ, by all means, demand they trade next years #1 and/or #2 for Metzensh*ts, Capersh*tz or Glenonsh*tz.  

None will be a franchise QB, all would be gone in a year or two and do nothing to salvage 2016.

But hey, at least we'd get to draft 17 instead of 15, right?

Lost season? lol. You sure are a glass half full type.

this guy really just said lost season.???

If you want to be a SOJ, by all means, demand they trade next years #1 and/or #2 for Metzensh*ts, Capersh*tz or Glenonsh*tz.  

None will be a franchise QB, all would be gone in a year or two and do nothing to salvage 2016.

You must be a lot of fun at parties. 

I wouldn't pick up Mettenberger or Weeden off the street for the vet minimum. Glennon is kind of interesting, but I wouldn't give up more than a 5th for him, and only then if the FO and coaching staff views him as a potential long-term (i.e., beyond this season) starter.

There's no one to trade for.   The Cowboys just picked up cassel and he is total garbage.  Who are the jets going to get - RG 3?  Johnny football?   In a league where McCown, hoyer, and cassel are starters there really isn't anyone available.   Best case they bring back flynn or Johnson to backup Petty.  

Exactly.  Plus they won't know the playbook, at all.

I will

Take just about anyone to not see geno on the field next sunday. People who say he had a decent game are in denial. How many more games must u see of this guy to understand he is taking this team nowhere. 3 seasons isn't enough?! That bills game last year wasn't enough?! I get it fitz isnt the answer either but atleast we tried someone new and it was an exciting few weeks. Just seeing his nonchalant walking after getting sacked and same stupid decisions it felt liek the twilight zone or deja vu. Like cmon people i understand the guy gave his all today and played with a chip on his shoulder (or atleast tried to) but u cant tell me u can bare to watch another jets game holding onto hope he will finally get it. Im all for kerly over geno. I'l take cromartie over geno, we already saw a comedy today. How much funnier could it get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say a lost season yet, but you don't sell out the future unless you are getting someone you think will truly be a franchise QB, or if you are a win now very close with an aging team (even then it isn't a good bet/risk).  Bowels (and Mac for that matter) cannot mortgage the future unless they think the QB is the future; you do your best to win games with a back-up and hope for a quick return for Fitz.  If the season becomes lost, you think about giving Petty some experience.

I would say we could hold on until Fitz is ready, but we cannot do that unless the defense steps up; the last 5 quarters has not been good for the defense...

I'm a realist, always have been.

The team we watched the past two weeks will not win 10 games.

Hence will not make the playoffs.

It's not rocket science.

We are 4-3. We are getting significant players back. We played a terrible game in all aspects of the game, against a team we never played well against on the road. The season is far from over. 

Did you miss the part where Geno may be out too?  How does trading for a QB mortgage the future given we don't know whether we'll need a QB moving forward anyway?  Petty has proven nothing other than he can throw the ball.

And have you really been a football fan for more than a week?  Who the hell thinks the season is over at 4-3 and with whats left to the season? 

Archived