Revis looked old today.

johnnyjet

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Revis is the least of the Jets problems in the secondary.  He is still a top tier CB, but just isn't the best in the game anymore.    The Revis of today isn't stopping an Amari Cooper, the Raiders just elected to throw against much easier targets.      If the  Raiders put Amari Cooper in motion there was no way Revis was staying with him.  https://twitter.com/johnmiddlekauff/status/661775856348581888.       

Dude great game.  Team looks very good and much improved.  Good luck on rest of season.

LOL, you really wrote this?  40ish yards to one of the top WRs in the league while his QB threw for over 330 yards.  Its funny how anyone could write this kind of whine 

Just heard Chris carter say that if Amari Cooper were targeted more, he would have had 150 yards of production.  All respect to Revis but in Carters words, the Island is now closer to mainland because of father time.  he LOVES Coopers skill set and attitude.

Just heard Chris carter say that if Amari Cooper were targeted more, he would have had 150 yards of production.  All respect to Revis but in Carters words, the Island is now closer to mainland because of father time.  he LOVES Coopers skill set and attitude.

Yeah. Chris Carter the former WR. Take that with a grain of salt and whatever booze he gave up. 

Problem is fans who write this actually believe a CB, any CB can go a whole season and never get beat.  Seriously, he gave up two TDs?  

And the best line of shlt three or four fans have posted.  He was burned by Cooper.  LOL, again, 40 something yards to one of the top WRs in the league, no TDs while Carr threw for 330 yards.  

Burned

All day.  

Refuge in the number of yards doesn't take away the fact that he was playing Cooper soft all day. If they weren't throwing to Holmes or Crabtree and had focused on Cooper, it would not have been pretty. the tape doesn't lie. Revis was simply not playing tight on Cooper at all. it was all about tackling after the catch. That's not an elite performance.

Cooper 5 for 46. Shut down by Revis.

The only incompletions were drops and I think two overthrows, I don't know the exact number of targets. Revis did not shut him down, they just didn't have to throw the ball at him. No one on that offense was shut down Sunday, it was pathetic.

You guys are too much.  Have you noticed the absolute LACK of a pass rush from our Front Seven the last few games?   Yeah Revis is the problem, unbelievable.  I wish the rest of our defense played at the same level of Revis.  Any fool who expected him to be the exact same player he was 4 or 5 years ago is just that; a fool.  

You guys are too much.  Have you noticed the absolute LACK of a pass rush from our Front Seven the last few games?   Yeah Revis is the problem, unbelievable.  I wish the rest of our defense played at the same level of Revis.  Any fool who expected him to be the exact same player he was 4 or 5 years ago is just that; a fool.  

So you're saying you agree he didn't play well. But you didn't expect him to. Otay.

So you're saying you agree he didn't play well. But you didn't expect him to. Otay.

No I am saying he is playing well but any one who expected him to be the Revis of 4 or 5 years ago is not playing with a full deck, otay? 

The only incompletions were drops and I think two overthrows, I don't know the exact number of targets. Revis did not shut him down, they just didn't have to throw the ball at him. No one on that offense was shut down Sunday, it was pathetic.

unbelieveable!!!! He has his worst performance against Revis and the Jets. Under 50 yards. I have no idea if you are credible or not.

No I am saying he is playing well but any one who expected him to be the Revis of 4 or 5 years ago is not playing with a full deck, otay? 

Wait, what? This sounds like Bilbo Baggins' birthday speech. So, if I thought he was playing as well as he did 4 or 5 years ago I would be playing with half a deck, but if I thought he had declined and wasn't playing at his old level I would be wrong because Revis plays at a higher level than anybody else on the defense, which would mean the whole defense declined to an even lower level. Okay, I'm happy now. It's all good.

unbelieveable!!!! He has his worst performance against Revis and the Jets. Under 50 yards. I have no idea if you are credible or not.

Did you see Revis affect Cooper's game at all? No? That's because he didn't. Numbers aren't everything, and Revis had nothing to do with his drops.

Did you see Revis affect Cooper's game at all? No? That's because he didn't. Numbers aren't everything, and Revis had nothing to do with his drops.

you have no cred. You should stop posting here. 5 catches means his game was affected by the play of Revis. Next.

you have no cred. You should stop posting here. 5 catches means his game was affected by the play of Revis. Next.

I'm not trying to bash Revis, who has been very good over the course of the season, but I can't ignore what I saw. Revis played Cooper soft and Cooper was commanding his routes. Revis was curtailing YAC, but that's not what elite CB's are about. No his best game. Carr pretty much had his way with the Jets' secondary in all regards, including Revis.

I'm not trying to bash Revis, who has been very good over the course of the season, but I can't ignore what I saw. Revis played Cooper soft and Cooper was commanding his routes. Revis was curtailing YAC, but that's not what elite CB's are about. No his best game. Carr pretty much had his way with the Jets' secondary in all regards, including Revis.

Two overthrows, two drops. 9 targets, 5 completions. Revis did not affect his game whatsoever.

All respect to Mr Carter, he should stick to judging what happened on the field, not what he thought might happen.  Theres no proof anything he predicts would have happened.  Loving Cooper and saying he would have had more yardage as a way of complimenting Cooper wasnt meant to criticize Revis' play

Here's the big time problem that people who have unrealistic standards for Revis will have.  He's still great, still shuts down other teams top corners but instead of finishing the game with 35 yards they come away with 45.  A guy like Sherman always gives up 55.  And then people make comments like hes looking old.  They're so spoiled by Revis of the past they make over the top critics of him because, god forgive, someone scored a TD on him from the 5.  Can't be, he's old. 

Then again on this very board there was a thread that discussing the poor play, the missed tackles, poor angles and even the poor positioning etc of Pryor.  In a preseason game he didnt play in

And still he is 100% right.

Am I in crazy land? Does anybody watch the matchup or do they just look to see Amari's stats afterwards? First play of the game, Revis got torched, but the ball was overthrown out of bounds, Cooper had a solid 3-4 yards on him on a deep ball. Revis looked silly on those out and curl routes, Cooper caught them with ease. If Cooper didn't drop those balls (Revis had nothing to do with the drops), he would have had 7 catches for like 60-70 yards, is that shutting someone down? 

Am I in crazy land? Does anybody watch the matchup or do they just look to see Amari's stats afterwards? First play of the game, Revis got torched, but the ball was overthrown out of bounds, Cooper had a solid 3-4 yards on him on a deep ball. Revis looked silly on those out and curl routes, Cooper caught them with ease. If Cooper didn't drop those balls (Revis had nothing to do with the drops), he would have had 7 catches for like 60-70 yards, is that shutting someone down? 

Who gives a shlt, every corner covers WRs who have passes thrown their way that are uncatchable and drops.  Love that special talent Jets fans seem to have of looking at numbers, they don't show that a Jets sucked enough so they look for things like drops, passes over WR head, INTs our QBs should have had, etc.  Not what happened, what could have happened

You want to keep saying you watched Revis and on outs AND curl routes he looked silly go ahead.  

That keeps you in crazy land.

Who gives a shlt, every corner covers WRs who have passes thrown their way that are uncatchable and drops.  Love that special talent Jets fans seem to have of looking at numbers, they don't show that a Jets sucked enough so they look for things like drops, passes over WR head, INTs our QBs should have had, etc.  Not what happened, what could have happened

You want to keep saying you watched Revis and on outs AND curl routes he looked silly go ahead.  

That keeps you in crazy land.

He looked competent to you? I can honestly say I've never seen a WR make Revis look like that, multiple times. They just didn't have to throw the ball to him throughout the game because it was a blowout. 

And with your 'drops' point, you don't believe that if he caught them, Revis allowing 7-9 catches is bad? I love Revis, but he clearly did not have his best game, and certainly didn't shut him down. As I said before, they just didn't have to throw him the ball. 

He looked competent to you? I can honestly say I've never seen a WR make Revis look like that, multiple times. They just didn't have to throw the ball to him throughout the game because it was a blowout. 

And with your 'drops' point, you don't believe that if he caught them, Revis allowing 7-9 catches is bad? I love Revis, but he clearly did not have his best game, and certainly didn't shut him down. As I said before, they just didn't have to throw him the ball. 

Revis did fine, he was the only one you could say that 

Cooper is special, Jerry Rice special, i liked his talents better than Julio and that is saying something. He is so smooth and fluid and it doesnt look like he is moving fast. His cuts are unreal, i saw him school Patrick Petterson in pre-season. Carr had 2 choices in game, go for the full size candy bars and attack Cro and others or go for bitesize bars and attack revis. 

Revis did fine, he was the only one you could say that 

Cooper is special, Jerry Rice special, i liked his talents better than Julio and that is saying something. He is so smooth and fluid and it doesnt look like he is moving fast. His cuts are unreal, i saw him school Patrick Petterson in pre-season. Carr had 2 choices in game, go for the full size candy bars and attack Cro and others or go for bitesize bars and attack revis. 

Wasn't attacking him, but he didn't shut down Cooper. He was just there to tackle him after the fact.

There are a bunch of things going on here.  Revis is getting older.  He had a groin injury last month and those generally linger.  Cooper is awesome.  Bowles uses Revis differently.  This may be related to his aging, or the attempt at more turnovers.  Revis didn't shut Cooper down, but Cooper was held in check.  As for Cris Carter, he is a moron.  Sure Cooper would have had more catches and yards if they targeted him more, but Revis would have had a pick or two also.  They threw at him 9 times, it's not like they were shy.  Carr seems pretty risk/turnover averse.  Revis is not covering Cooper straight up the whole game, so it's not like he should get total credit for the 46 yards or blame every time the kid had a step, but he did shadow Cooper across the field most of the day.

Archived