Gameday traffic from CT

Hey guys,

The wife and I are coming down for the game on Sunday from Stamford Ct.  Usually its only about 45 min to get to Metlife from our house but was curious how much of a buffer we should give ourselves with the gameday traffic.  Its just the two of us so we didnt plan on tailgating.  I figured leaving around 10 should give us about an hour and 15 buffer with gameday traffic.  Is that sufficient?  Thanks !

I go down from Greenwich all the time. The people I go with/meet up with and I are all huge tailgaters so we leave from Greenwich around 8:30-9am, and we're fine and get a strong 3 hours of tailgating in. We also post-game tailgate simply because in all our experience, we'd rather be doing that than sitting in traffic because either way, we've never made it home before 7/8ish after a 1pm game. 

However, if you're not tailgating, I would 100% recommend the train. It's a cheap round trip ticket, and although the GCT to Penn Station transfer stinks, it's still 10000x better. Even discounting the fact that you can now drink to your hearts content without having to worry about driving, just saving yourself the 2/3 extra hours in traffic on the way back is worth it.  

hey greenwich,

thanks for the input. We usually do the train option but like you said its such a hassle transferring from gct to penn and then vice versa on the way back. sounds like 10 o clock should be a decent time for us then.  Thanks again!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived