spent the whole day creating a "device" to shield Fitpatrick's
thumb and were successful.  Add in the fact that they could "shoot
it up" before the game to minimize the pain if needed

We made at the QB position (not even picking up Flynn again) I
believe Fitzpatrick is going to play.  The medical staff probably

This would make the most sense.  This team seems to be in a serious, "Follow the leader mode."  Fitz is the leader therefore he must play.

So the rest of the team is going to jeopardize the season to get maybe 2 extra yards on a run?

I walked into the bar we were up 0-3.  I saw Fitz on the sidelines and Geno in the game.  I ate a mere 57 wings and we were down 21-3 and it wasn;t even half time yet.  Just what I notice.  Not saying its the right move or even a goal but seems to be the case,.

fitz may start, but not picking up a qb only means there's just nobody out there who's worth picking up.  petty was the backup qb until geno was healthy and he'll be the backup again if need be.  the issue is that they'll probably need to dress 3 qbs this week.

Surprised we didn't at least pick up Tyler Thigpen to be a body in practice.  Right now my guess is our only QB who can practice fully is Petty.

We made at the QB position (not even picking up Flynn again) I
believe Fitzpatrick is going to play.  The medical staff probably

Im not too sure on that. You may be right, but if they made a device how is it going to work while receiving the ball under center or catching the ball in shotgun? 

I guess catching the ball in shotgun may not be too bad, he could always favor his throwing hand while catching but I still think it may create a problem under center or running the ball to the right given that he would have to pass the ball off to the running back with his bad hand on running plays to the right. It also could be an issue to spin the ball in order for his fingers to grip the laces. He'll need that broken hand to do it. 

I really dont know how I feel about them not bringing in a QB. The past 2 days I've been feeling a bit dismissive about the Jets and their decision making. Its like "whatever" at this point .

The fact that it appears that Geno gets the start this weekend should make NYJUNC very happy.   Lets see what Geno has with a week of prep with these new weapons.  Go Jets!!!

Oh and the fact that it is Fitzmagics non throwing hand makes me grateful he is not a hockey player... man the fvck up!!!

How bout we get the defense to show up

^^^ this

geno is starting this week despite jets fans denial.

geno smith and Brandon Marshall don't come out and say Geno is starting and going to have a great game unless the coaches have rolled out to the team this week's direction and strategy.

however, if our defense doesn't force a punt till half way through the 4th quarter again, it doesn't matter who our QB is.

theres no secret, IMO.

Im not too sure on that. You may be right, but if they made a device how is it going to work while receiving the ball under center or catching the ball in shotgun? 

I guess catching the ball in shotgun may not be too bad, he could always favor his throwing hand while catching but I still think it may create a problem under center or running the ball to the right given that he would have to pass the ball off to the running back with his bad hand on running plays to the right. It also could be an issue to spin the ball in order for his fingers to grip the laces. He'll need that broken hand to do it. 

I really dont know how I feel about them not bringing in a QB. The past 2 days I've been feeling a bit dismissive about the Jets and their decision making. Its like "whatever" at this point .

it's someone trying to convince themselves the world is flat.

geno is starting, like it or not.  macGyver isn't in a back room with duct tape and rubber bands last I checked...

Isn't it obvious?

Geno is going to be fine and start, prognosis on Fitz doesn't look so dire, they'd prefer Petty to the likes of Flynn or Thigpen, and pipe dream QB trades were never, ever going to happen.

The Oracle has spoken.

The team isn't going to come out and say who is starting and they aren't going to say anything about injuries until they have to. There's no reason to disclose that information and let the Jags know who they are preparing to play. Let them split their film and practice time planning for three different QBs.

I agree with KRL and think its obvious that FITZ is starting this week.  Bowles said its a pain issue.  Fitz will play.  The teams season success depends on him playing.  Geno cant do what fitz can do and its apparent.  Fitz will wear a brace of some sort and get a cortisone type shot before the games each week.  

Why do you think they already announced that Fitz will not have surgery until AFTER THE SEASON?

I walked into the bar we were up 0-3.  I saw Fitz on the sidelines and Geno in the game.  I ate a mere 57 wings and we were down 21-3 and it wasn;t even half time yet.  Just what I notice.  Not saying its the right move or even a goal but seems to be the case,.

I can assure you crusher no matter how many wings you ate the Jets would have lost. 

The fact that it appears that Geno gets the start this weekend should make NYJUNC very happy.   Lets see what Geno has with a week of prep with these new weapons.  Go Jets!!!

Oh and the fact that it is Fitzmagics non throwing hand makes me grateful he is not a hockey player... man the fvck up!!!

why would I be happy?  Fitz was finally playing well, I was rooting for him just like I will root for geno. 

spare us the hockey stuff please

I expect Geno to start, he's not hurt that badly, Fitz is.

I expect Petty to back him up as the #2.

I expect Fitz to be out a week/two, put off surgery, and try to play the rest of the year with the pain.

I do not expect a street FA to be signed.

Archived