Fitzpatrick to start

InstantClassic

Yes upside.  He finished last season on a high note and was outplaying Fitz in TC.

I understand Fitz has that Rudy appeal, and guys like his facial hair, but he's just not a QB that anyone other than Jet fans think is any good.  He was worse than Geno when he was going in his 3rd year and it took him about 5-6 years to be serviceable.  Jet fans simply won't allow anyone to grow into the position so around and around we go all the while bemoaning that we're "cursed at QB".

You yourself acknowledge they didn't set Sanchez up for success..  what do you think giving Geno a hobbled Decker as the biggest star in your first 2 years as QB is?

Meanwhile, you gloss over the fact that in year 3, he's still running backwards in the pocket like he's a rookie, and the fact that this coaching staff has given him every opportunity to grow and win the starting job but still prefer Fitz.   Some QB's just can't be taught. 

Petty is the developmental QB on this team, not Geno.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile, you gloss over the fact that in year 3, he's still running backwards in the pocket like he's a rookie, and the fact that this coaching staff has given him every opportunity to grow and win the starting job but still prefer Fitz.   Some QB's just can't be taught. 

Damn. That last sentence though.  Well done.

Now coach could focus on bringing back his defense from Derptown. 

I'd like to see a couple of changes made in that defensive line-up you know Crush? Like Lorenzo Maualdin for Calvin Pace and Darrin Walls for Antonio Cro and have Coples on a very short leash by giving Trevor Reilly some of his snaps to see what HE can do. Coples throughout his time as a Jet, hasn't he always been like a half a step away from making a big play but it hardly ever seems to happen? 

^^ this is the millenial mentality I'm talking about.

Drawing definitive conclusions from a relief appearance under terrible circumstances...  D playing like a sieve, no first team reps since August, and no live action since December...  yet he manned up and passed for 265 2 td's and 1 INT..  would have been 3 TD's if Marshall doesn't drop a pass.

yet all I keep hearing is YEAH BUT HE TOOK A SACK HE SUCKS!!  DUMB MORON IDIOT!!

you guys are hard to take seriously.  that's why guys like Villain write so many posts trying to talk sense to you but sadly it falls on deaf ears.

I'd like to see a couple of changes made in that defensive line-up you know Crush? Like Lorenzo Maualdin for Calvin Pace and Darrin Walls for Antonio Cro and have Coples on a very short leash by giving Trevor Reilly some of his snaps to see what HE can do. Coples throughout his time as a Jet, hasn't he always been like a half a step away from making a big play but it hardly ever seems to happen? 

All those things would be interesting for sure.   He has to do something to light a fire under their asses after that Raiders shellacking.  These examples are excellent starts.

^^ this is the millenial mentality I'm talking about.

Drawing definitive conclusions from a relief appearance under terrible circumstances...  D playing like a sieve, no first team reps since August, and no live action since December...  yet he manned up and passed for 265 2 td's and 1 INT..  would have been 3 TD's if Marshall doesn't drop a pass.

yet all I keep hearing is YEAH BUT HE TOOK A SACK HE SUCKS!!  DUMB MORON IDIOT!!

you guys are hard to take seriously.  that's why guys like Villain write so many posts trying to talk sense to you but sadly it falls on deaf ears.

Millenial mentality is all about making excuses.  I want to see performance. 

Geno was supposed to be out of excuses this year.  Yet he still looks mostly like a rookie.  He has the physical tools that we've known about, but lacks the brain.  This coaching staff owes him nothing and he needs to perform.  Clearly he's not progressing, because this coaching staff sees him in practice and just saw him on the field, yet still decided to put back in the starter despite him wearing a special glove on his left hand just to handle snaps. 

It's not looking good for Geno, just like it did for your boy and career backup Mark Sanchez.  Tough sh*t, this is the NFL.  Perform or GTFO.

All those things would be interesting for sure.   He has to do something to light a fire under their asses after that Raiders shellacking.  These examples are excellent starts.

Remember the summer of 2011 when all we could talk about was somehow getting Nnandi Asomugha? He was the top FA on the market, be-all and end all-the missing link that HAD to happen for us to finally win another SB-we didn't get him nor did we do sh!t that season but that's beside the point. The stark reminder of how quickly a player at that position, or any of the "speed" positions can lose it was never so clear than watching Asomugha from being the golden boy with a 5 year 60 million dollar contract to a year an a half later seeing his career end by the 3rd game of the season-and it was no major injury that did it either. It seems like Cro has hit that same wall 

Yes upside.  He finished last season on a high note and was outplaying Fitz in TC.

I understand Fitz has that Rudy appeal, and guys like his facial hair, but he's just not a QB that anyone other than Jet fans think is any good.  He was worse than Geno when he was going in his 3rd year and it took him about 5-6 years to be serviceable.  Jet fans simply won't allow anyone to grow into the position so around and around we go all the while bemoaning that we're "cursed at QB".

You yourself acknowledge they didn't set Sanchez up for success..  what do you think giving Geno a hobbled Decker as the biggest star in your first 2 years as QB is?

Having a real pro at QB has made a world of difference.  It's not really about the arm strength or the footwork, it's about the decision-making.  Fitz is smart.  Geno is stupid.  Simple as that.

Up in 232A at the home opener we gave Fitz a standing ovation for throwing the ball away in a situation.  It was that bad with Geno.

SAR I

Remember the summer of 2011 when all we could talk about was somehow getting Nnandi Asomugha? He was the top FA on the market, be-all and end all-the missing link that HAD to happen for us to finally win another SB-we didn't get him nor did we do sh!t that season but that's beside the point. The stark reminder of how quickly a player at that position, or any of the "speed" positions can lose it was never so clear than watching Asomugha from being the golden boy with a 5 year 60 million dollar contract to a year an a half later seeing his career end by the 3rd game of the season-and it was no major injury that did it either. It seems like Cro has hit that same wall 

Agreed.  But he will try and play until they have to cart him off the field .  Child support is a bitch. 

Agreed.  But he will try and play until they have to cart him off the field .  Child support is a bitch. 

and he's a likeable guy too you know? How many guys will actually say after a game that "I" played like sh%t? ? most of them say the old standby's ""WE" have to get better and so on and so forth. Now Sanchez always did it too except he never did get better, he stayed the same and after that Pittsburgh AFCG he went downhill and never was the guy that we thought he could have been-I swear to this day I think it was that James Harrison play that hurt that guy more than anybody cares to admit-physically and mentally.

and he's a likeable guy too you know? How many guys will actually say after a game that "I" played like sh%t? ? most of them say the old standby's ""WE" have to get better and so on and so forth. Now Sanchez always did it too except he never did get better, he stayed the same and after that Pittsburgh AFCG he went downhill and never was the guy that we thought he could have been-I swear to this day I think it was that James Harrison play that hurt that guy more than anybody cares to admit-physically and mentally.

Shows how fragile Sanchez's psyche is and part of the reason he could never have success at QB.  QB's have to have a short memory span.

Shows how fragile Sanchez's psyche is and part of the reason he could never have success at QB.  QB's have to have a short memory span.

true about him for sure but I also think something happened to him physically that night and he was never the same after that sack/fumble. Remember how his arm was outstreched and he got hit in it and it got pulled no yanked back before fumbling (would have been an incomplete pass had it been Brady or Ben) ? 

Stupid move by the Jets, but what does anyone expect?  I guess this closes the book on Geno and we need to look at Petty because the Jets coaching staff would rather trot the limited JAG out there instead of see what the 3rd year talented guy can do in a new scheme with better coaching and skill players. Should have just trade him. Stupid, "only the next game matters" like this are what keeps crappy organizations like ours crappy. Not that come Sunday I will not root for Fitz, but just a dumb move. 

hopefully fitz won't fumble the ball away with that gimpy thumb. His turnovers have been bad enough when he was 100%

The Fitzpatrick news created a palpable sense of relief in the locker room. It's apparent from listening to players that Fitzpatrick has won their trust and they believe he gives them the best chance of winning. Some people might interpret that as an anti-Geno sentiment; I think it's more pro-Fitzpatrick. The Jets (4-3) have dropped two in a row and can't afford a loss on Sunday to the lowly Jaguars. The players know this, and they're grateful Fitzpatrick will be leading them.

This is a locker room in harmony. Keep it that way

The Fitzpatrick news created a palpable sense of relief in the locker room. It's apparent from listening to players that Fitzpatrick has won their trust and they believe he gives them the best chance of winning. Some people might interpret that as an anti-Geno sentiment; I think it's more pro-Fitzpatrick. The Jets (4-3) have dropped two in a row and can't afford a loss on Sunday to the lowly Jaguars. The players know this, and they're grateful Fitzpatrick will be leading them.

This is a locker room in harmony. Keep it that way

That's the reason Fitz should start..  He's like the raggity hoodie that you've had for 10 years and keep wearing because it feels comfortable. 

The palpable sense of relief is probably overstating it and is likely the sentiment from the D many of whom had friendships with IK.

Millenial mentality is all about making excuses.  I want to see performance. 

Geno was supposed to be out of excuses this year.  Yet he still looks mostly like a rookie.  He has the physical tools that we've known about, but lacks the brain.  This coaching staff owes him nothing and he needs to perform.  Clearly he's not progressing, because this coaching staff sees him in practice and just saw him on the field, yet still decided to put back in the starter despite him wearing a special glove on his left hand just to handle snaps. 

It's not looking good for Geno, just like it did for your boy and career backup Mark Sanchez.  Tough sh*t, this is the NFL.  Perform or GTFO.

If he had Chads brain we would have a QB.. Ray Lucas said; Geno in year  3 he still makes the same dumb mistakes.. stock-photo-smiley-illustration-jester-f

Takeo spikes hit on Pennington.  The day the Chad died.

hopefully fitz won't fumble the ball away with that gimpy thumb. His turnovers have been bad enough when he was 100%

A Geno Smith fan with the balls to criticize the ball security of any other QB on the planet?  Really?

Wow.  Now I really have seen everything.

Did you see where Bowles sent a message to Geno to sit is ass down because even with one hand, that Ryan Fitzpatrick was a better QB than Geno Smith would ever be on his best day?  I was just wondering if you had seen where that had happened.

If it's all about handling pain why didn't he finish Sunday? A torn ligament doesn't heal in 3 days. I'm sick of this team wasting time with Geno Smith. The fact that he can't beat out a broken Fitzpatrick tells me everything I need to know. I had high hopes he could turn things around. Why would we want him as a backup? This team just keeps spinning their wheels with players that add nothing to the organization. Coples & Pace are the other ones, resigning Cromarty at 7 million too? Mac needs to have a great offseason again by cutting the dead weight dragging down this team & salary cap.

They didn't have an X-ray yet.  So they didn't know the risks in putting him back out there.  Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed.

They didn't have an X-ray yet.  So they didn't know the risks in putting him back out there.  Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed.

This is a bold statement being made by Bowles. Geno is healthier but he's gonna be watching from the bench. Maybe they think Geno isn't ready to be an NFL QB yet & want him to learn more that could be the case. But anyone that thinks the Jets think highly of Geno Smith aren't paying attention. Fitz is wearing a special glove because his left thumb is f*cked up & he's our starting QB this Sunday against one of the worst teams in the NFL & we all know this is a MUST WIN GAME, they don't trust Geno in a must win game....enough said.

Takeo spikes hit on Pennington.  The day the Chad died.

The ironic thing about this is that both Chad Penny and Spikes were lost for the rest of the 2005 season on the same day-That was the Jacksonville slaughter of Jets QBs Chad and Jay Fiedler 

Will he also takeover as the long snapper? Heard he can snap the ball 60 yards with one hand. 

Whoa!!!  Now this is something they have to take advantage of.  Sure he can't throw it 60 yards, but if he can snap accurately?...   Roll out, get in snapper's position and let it fly on the deep routes.  Him and Devin hopefully working on it this week.

A defense that has given up an average of 28 points per game over the last 3 games is now going to pitch a shutout?

Good luck with that.

hey grandpa, remind us about that time you sent soflajets that pm about being ashamed about the pats* cheating

I love that story

Archived