Lol @ the Geno hate

Cro's kids

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he took two stupid sacks.  But as much as you want it to be the case where he killed two drives, that would be wron, was on one drive.  That had no effect on the game.  But the hate issue is that two sacks are repeated over and over again.  When Fitz threw two picks in the second half vs the Eagles, it was overlooked and amazingly th nearly of our LT.  Two sacks on one drive, we can't hear enough about it.  QBs make mistakes, happens, don't make it sound like on,y Geno makes mistakes.  

We're not overlooking Fitz's mistakes. We just recognize that taking the good with the bad, Fitz is simply better. Geno's mistakes over the course of his career have been catastrophic, and he doesn't have the upside to throw for a bunch of TDs to make up for them. That's a bad QB, and not much has changed for him. That's why his mistakes are magnified. And rightfully so. We're talking about the same guy who once threw 3 picks in a quarter and had a behind the back fumble here. He deserves no benefit of the doubt. 

Extrapolate further.  Why do you think the TEAM perceives Fitz to be the right guy? 

The team came together emotionally under Fitz, they won more games under him that people were expecting.  One pretty decent game by Geno is not going to reverse that.  If Geno starts this game, a significant percentage of the team will think that Fitz was robbed.  So the coach starts Fitz, has him fitted with a special glove to lessen the impact of his injured hand, and let's him show how well he can play with the injury.  If Fitz can, fine.  If not, the team won't be thinking that the management looked for an excuse to sit Fitz down.

If all you know how to do is look at the box score, then sure, you could pass this argument off as accurate.

The Geno haters never mention Fitz's mistakes and when someone mentions them theyre overlooked, shoo'd off or blamed on someone else.  We had pages blaming Smith for an under thrown pass that was on his inside and an INT.  Was Smiths fault for not knocking the ball away.  The two killer picks vs the Eagles?  The one to the DL, was GIacamos fault for not blocking his man.  The overthrow to Marshall on the sidelines?  Ticked off his fingers he should have caught it.  Neither of these two god awful picks were deemed catastrophic and they sure as shlt were.  That game was on him, easily could have won it.  But he didn't happens, except to those who hate Geno.

None of the two sacks by Geno were catastrophic, its not 2014 anymore.  Fitz has plenty of catastrophic mistakes over his career.  But here, you called Geno out for his to defend Fitz.  You keep calling him a bad QB off of what he did last week, nothing he did says that.  Two stupid sacks at the end of a game where he's down 21 isnt catastrophic, and as I was told they didn't kill two drives, they came on one drive may have been consecutive plays.  This is a observation of people here.  Those who choose to magnify the errors that Geno made last week, thrown into emergency duty

The Geno haters never mention Fitz's mistakes and when someone mentions them theyre overlooked, shoo'd off or blamed on someone else.  We had pages blaming Smith for an under thrown pass that was on his inside and an INT.  Was Smiths fault for not knocking the ball away.  The two killer picks vs the Eagles?  The one to the DL, was GIacamos fault for not blocking his man.  The overthrow to Marshall on the sidelines?  Ticked off his fingers he should have caught it.  Neither of these two god awful picks were deemed catastrophic and they sure as shlt were.  That game was on him, easily could have won it.  But he didn't happens, except to those who hate Geno.

None of the two sacks by Geno were catastrophic, its not 2014 anymore.  Fitz has plenty of catastrophic mistakes over his career.  But here, you called Geno out for his to defend Fitz.  You keep calling him a bad QB off of what he did last week, nothing he did says that.  Two stupid sacks at the end of a game where he's down 21 isnt catastrophic, and as I was told they didn't kill two drives, they came on one drive may have been consecutive plays.  This is a observation of people here.  Those who choose to magnify the errors that Geno made last week, thrown into emergency duty

What it comes down to is Fitz is likable and Geno not so much..

I did a good job of staying out of the QB threads for awhile than I got sucked in, lol

just try to remember as we debate geno/fitz we are debating playing the worst starting QB that is turnover prone or the best back-up QB who is turnover prone

in the end the problem for the jets is neither guy is very good

What it comes down to is Fitz is likable and Geno not so much..

I'm not saying it doesn't.  I'm not even trying to make a case for Geno.  I'm just saying there is a double standard.  Every Geno mistake costs us a game apparently and Fitz mistakes are ok because they never do. 

People are too hard on Geno. I don't think he got a fair deal and the way he was developed was awful.   

But after watching Fitzpatrick, I can say the dude would be a top 10 QB if he had an arm.  He has a great feel for the game -- he's good at reading defenses, knows where to go with the ball and gets it out fast, he knows exactly when to run, etc.  

And his mistakes aren't usually stupid ones.  They're usually calculated risks or mistakes because of his physical limitations.  

Does his arm suck?  Yes.  Is he a little reckless with his body sometimes?  Yes.  

Even if Petty takes over, you keep this guy as your backup for the next five years.

tl;dr

the first sentence is untrue, so the rest is probably bunk also

I do think it's pretty obvious and apparent when watching. You see Geno whip a ball effortlessly downfield and it's beautiful. Or you see him run really fast, again seemingly effortlessly and gracefully.

But now we have two years plus one game to know he always does several stupid things to give away the ball and, often, the game.  A pick, a fumble, a needless hit, a bonehead play. A few of each.

Fitz is such a contrast. It's like he puts his all into those deep throws and they're still not quite deep enough.  But he's usually heady enough to not lose the game on dumb stuff.

Note his inability to slide is one glaring exception.

If you saw Geno padding stats at the end of the game, vs a softer defense, you need to stop now.  

I didn't say end of the game.   I said that in the middle.. then we got closer, Oakland went back to a regular D, and Geno went back to being Geno... scared of the rush.

Archived