Jets/Bills "Color Rush" uniforms next Thursday

Morrissey

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really doesn't matter.  It's just a promotion to get more eyeballs on Thursday Night Football, it's not some permanent alternate uniform, it's a one-shot deal.

If the Jets ever wanted to really have a third uniform, they'd do market research, send out a survey, etc.  I think in that instance the winner would be something more modern, not another damn retro.  Titans (Retro), 80's Klecko (Retro), current Super Bowl III (Retro).  We don't have a modern uniform, something like the Broncos or Seahawks or even the NHL Capitals.  That's what's required here.  Not Walt Michaels throwbacks or Walt Michaels colors.

SAR I

it's not a one shot deal, it will be their TNF uni's going forward until the league decides to scrap this idea.  starting in 2016 the league is mandating all teams wear color on color for TNF games.

Jets look can be so easily improved it's annoying that it hasn't been done. Lighten the shade of green, make the football logo look less like a rugby ball and more like a football. Embrace the green. Also, stop wearing black cleats, black tape, black gloves, black guards. Green or white. Those are our colors.

smog3s5t00aokuv4xhgn2ebqt.gifover 2099_new_york_jets-home-2012.png

I just saw at the Jets Shop that replica Kelly green jerseys are $149 which is a lot more than the regular replica Jets jerseys. But they are very cool and probably will be one of their off uniforms. They only have so far about 3 or 4 players including, of course DR. Funny after Revis left I bought a Nike Revis tee (at Met Life) for five bucks and now I can use it again. Unless you just have to have one now I'd say wait. Probably some of the knock off sites might have them for $30 or so. Personally I'd go with the white pants with the kelly green tops. But the jerseys are a great combo of the present and the past and very colorful.

This would be a great night to try that lie down in the endzone and hide play, again. 

Rex is going to try to do something to make the Jets look stupid but will instead make himself look stupid.

I am praying that his O calls timeout on the first play of the game, will be a laugh-riot, Alice.

SAR I

Just bumping this thread to leave these edited photos here.  They look pretty damn good with white pants.

It's just a different tint of green, it's nothing special no matter what color the pants are.

If the Jets get a third-jersey option, make it something modern, add a third color (grey) as an accent and make something really different.

SAR I

Ever serve?

That would be the best way to support then

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Way too old for that now but I would if I could, when I was 18 there was no war going on,no terrorism or conflicts like there are now. How about you? 

My father,uncles and cousins did and currently my best friends son is in the Marines. 

Way too old for that now but I would if I could, when I was 18 there was no war going on,no terrorism or conflicts like there are now. How about you? 

My father,uncles and cousins did and currently my best friends son is in the Marines. 

I served in Vietnam

Sounds to me like you could have served too but chose otherwise

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Age has nothing to do with whether you served your country or not

Apparently you chose to avoid it and show your love of country the easier and safer way by shouting USA at sports events

I understand where you are coming from , I pretty much fall into the same category as JoeWilly (he must have graduated high school in the mid 80s)

Most of my family is or was in the service. I am very grateful and aware of their sacrifice.

I must admit I do have some guilt about this subject. I did not choose to avoid service , but I did not seek it out during peace time. I did choose to get my act together and figure out how to be an adult after my 'education'.

I don't chant USA during sporting events , but I do show my respect and support of the troops in a variety of other ways.

Archived