If you still think Manziel can't play in this league...

CobraVerde

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, that one drive though vs. an undefeated team.

WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED??????????????

I know! No one has ever scored a TD against the Bengals this season until Johnny Football rewrote "The Drive" for future generations to watch over and over again in awe!

Lol. Truthfully, there were some plays he did look good, and he was flushed out of the pocket a lot from his crappy protection up the middle (though there were times he flushed himself out of the pocket as well). He did have a couple of would-be completions dropped, but every QB has to deal with that; it happens. 

Any scrub can look great for a drive or even a quarter. Just last year our own bust put together back to back 84 and 80 yard TD drives vs the Packers, after making the most of a GB turnover on the drive before those. Big freaking deal. A good drive (or even a few good drives/possessions in a row) doesn't make him a good QB.

And "proof he can play in this league" is a pretty weak endorsement considering his pre-draft billing and hype. 

Another person who doesnt understand the concept of playing a 7-0 team...at home...on a short week. 

Ill say it in caps so you people maybe understand:

THE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS TO SAY HE CAN PLAY IN THIS LEAGUE. 

Lets wait to see if he can win a playoff game like Tebow did before we put him in the HOF..:)

Also, his team didn't lose by more than 3 scores to an undefeated team.

Come'on, those 5 straight 3 and outs vs. an undefeated team?  Impressive. 

I know! No one has ever scored a TD against the Bengals this season until Johnny Football rewrote "The Drive" for future generations to watch over and over again in awe!

Lol. Truthfully, there were some plays he did look good, and he was flushed out of the pocket a lot from his crappy protection up the middle (though there were times he flushed himself out of the pocket as well). He did have a couple of would-be completions dropped, but every QB has to deal with that; it happens. 

Any scrub can look great for a drive or even a quarter. Just last year our own bust put together back to back 84 and 80 yard TD drives vs the Packers, after making the most of a GB turnover on the drive before those. Big freaking deal. A good drive (or even a few good drives/possessions in a row) doesn't make him a good QB.

And "proof he can play in this league" is a pretty weak endorsement considering his pre-draft billing and hype. 

He's not very good but I'll say this, the Browns will continue their moronic dysfunctional ways if they put McCown back in as the starter.  Your season is over, at least let the kid play out the year and see if he can improve.  You're playing for nothing at this point.  But Pettine is the worst Head Coach in Football and will probably go with the veteran. 

He's not very good but I'll say this, the Browns will continue their moronic dysfunctional ways if they put McCown back in as the starter.  Your season is over, at least let the kid play out the year and see if he can improve.  You're playing for nothing at this point.  But Pettine is the worst Head Coach in Football and will probably go with the veteran. 

I'll have you know sir, Mike Pettine coached the Jets to back-to-back AFC Championship games in 2009 and 2010.

Did you see his expression & tone at halftime with the mic in his face? You could see how much he resents Manziel. There may be even more to it than has been reported. 

Plus he's not going to fall on his sword for a kid he probably blames a lot for his own coaching woes. The contiual media circus, the wasted draft pick, the other pick(s) they didn't make because they'd just taken Manziel... Pettine's job isn't secure enough to sacrifice the team's (and in turn, his) record to get Manziel some more live playing time. I don't like the guy at all, but I can hardly blame him for that. If they finish the season with only 1-2 more wins he's getting fired and he's not going to be able to say, "Yeah, but I purposely gave up on the 2nd half of the season to see if Manziel could handle the starting job." The reality is he'll have found that out for his replacement.

I'll have you know sir, Mike Pettine coached the Jets to back-to-back AFC Championship games in 2009 and 2010.

I forgot that he was the brains behind the operation because some guy that wrote a book said so.

Did you see his expression & tone at halftime with the mic in his face? You could see how much he resents Manziel. There may be even more to it than has been reported. 

Plus he's not going to fall on his sword for a kid he probably blames a lot for his own coaching woes. The contiual media circus, the wasted draft pick, the other pick(s) they didn't make because they'd just taken Manziel... Pettine's job isn't secure enough to sacrifice the team's (and in turn, his) record to get Manziel some more live playing time. I don't like the guy at all, but I can hardly blame him for that. If they finish the season with only 1-2 more wins he's getting fired and he's not going to be able to say, "Yeah, but I purposely gave up on the 2nd half of the season to see if Manziel could handle the starting job." The reality is he'll have found that out for his replacement.

I'd be surprised if he makes it past the bye week.  He's the most inept coach in the league. 

I forgot that he was the brains behind the operation because some guy that wrote a book said so.

I'd be surprised if he makes it past the bye week.  He's the most inept coach in the league. 

It wasn't just some guy...I believe it was his roommate.

I dont know what to tell you...What i do know is that he is another QB to the long list that the Jets have passed up on...

You know what else is crazy? That there is probably someone on this board that thinks Geno is better than Manziel...

This is going to be a hard sell bro. People didnt want to hear what I had to say about MG with 19 games under his belt. You're not going to convince anyone of Manziel based on 2 Qtrs of good football. 

This is going to be a hard sell bro. People didnt want to hear what I had to say about MG with 19 games under his belt. You're not going to convince anyone of Manziel based on 2 Qtrs of good football. 

You started a Stafford thread MG feels Foe-saken now..smiley-finger007.gif

Archived