Dee Milliner dept. : jets have less than a week to make a decision ~ ~ ~

kelly

I've heard/read a lot of Bowen or injured waiving Bailey. Have to remember Enunwa is back next week too. 

Oh, oops, I think you're right, I meant Bowen not Barnes.

Makes sense.  They got Sheldon back and <knock wood> have not suffered any significant injuries on the D-Line.  When Enunwa comes back the most recent guy in was Thompkins, but he has been playing well and they may look to make a move at RB since they added Ridley.  Powell is on a 1-year deal and dinged and Stacy has not performed particularly well

Doesn't sound like Pryor, Cro, or Bailey play. Maybe bring up Martin from PSquad. Lots more action for Williams and Walls. Milliner might be in trouble with roster crunch. 

that sounds more like your wishful thinking. Milliner will be activated on the field as the #4 CB on Thursday

that sounds more like your wishful thinking. Milliner will be activated on the field as the #4 CB on Thursday

That's doubtful. Even if active, he isn't hopping anyone who has been playing all season on the depth chart. Bowles hasn't committed to activating him at all. If they wanted him active, he would be. 

Bowles knows what he's doing esp as far as Dbs but if me I'd activate him. I thought that his rookie season he wasn't ready to start and Rex and Thurmond actually did a good job and coached him up because they demoted him. And when he came back he was a much better player. If he's really healthy and can play like he did at the end of 2013 the Jets got themselves a very good corner. And with all of the injuries in the NFL they are hard to come by. I'm starting to think they aren't giving complete true info on his health after Bowles said he was ok. 

its weird a healthy player can be put on IR, that seems to violate the whole idea. 

I would not waive a lineman.  the jets o-line is a mess, they need every body they can get, and the d-line is a strength you don't want to weaken. 

they have injuries at WR, OG, S and DB so I would not waive anyone there

it would seem to make sense to activate milliner and waive a guy where they have a little depth, but I just don't see that spot

they have 3 LB's on the PS, maybe reilly or lattimore ?  those guys haven't been getting in the game on D but they play a lot on specials

in the end it may be ridley, powell practiced today but was limited.  if they think he can play, they may waive ridley who of course will go back to NE and score 10 TD's

its weird a healthy player can be put on IR, that seems to violate the whole idea. 

I would not waive a lineman.  the jets o-line is a mess, they need every body they can get, and the d-line is a strength you don't want to weaken. 

they have injuries at WR, OG, S and DB so I would not waive anyone there

it would seem to make sense to activate milliner and waive a guy where they have a little depth, but I just don't see that spot

they have 3 LB's on the PS, maybe reilly or lattimore ?  those guys haven't been getting in the game on D but they play a lot on specials

in the end it may be ridley, powell practiced today but was limited.  if they think he can play, they may waive ridley who of course will go back to NE and score 10 TD's

General consensus is that Stacy would be in trouble and not Ridley if Powell could play. Can't cut guys playing a lot of special teams and then complain that special teams sucks. Milliner probably doesn't play on a ton of specials so that makes it problematic. 

Isn't it refreshing to have depth issues though?

General consensus is that Stacy would be in trouble and not Ridley if Powell could play. Can't cut guys playing a lot of special teams and then complain that special teams sucks. Milliner probably doesn't play on a ton of specials so that makes it problematic. 

Isn't it refreshing to have depth issues though?

stacy gets in the game, ridley does not

stacy is the back-up with powell hurt, ridley is 4th string

milliner also can replace cro....wait I just had a groundhog day moment........

stacy gets in the game, ridley does not

stacy is the back-up with powell hurt, ridley is 4th string

milliner also can replace cro....wait I just had a groundhog day moment........

I'm not getting into the Milliner stuff again. You know where I stand, but Bowles said that if Cro can't go (and he won't) Skrine and Williams would start. He never even mentioned Dee. No matter what this board thinks about this guy, the coaching staff feels much differently. 

I'm not getting into the Milliner stuff again. You know where I stand, but Bowles said that if Cro can't go (and he won't) Skrine and Williams would start. He never even mentioned Dee. No matter what this board thinks about this guy, the coaching staff feels much differently. 

^^^ couldn't he have been active and played last week and Bowles decided against despite being Milliner being 100%?

bowles has said to the media for 3 weeks Milliner is 100% but we don't have a spot for him...he's been behind McDougle, walls, and williams  for almost a month now...this shouldn't be a shock to anyone.

i would like bowles to mold him into an elite cb...but he seems to be doing that with williams instead of Milliner...fine be me...

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

As expected, the Jets activated CB Dee Milliner from short-term injured reserve and he likely will play tomorrow night against the Bills. He could replace the banged-up Antonio Cromartie. To make room for the former No. 1 pick, the Jets placed RG Willie Colon (knee) on IR. He will be replaced by Brian Winters. They lose toughness and leadership without Colon, 32, who has fought chronic knee issues. This could be a career-ender for him.

>     http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/newyork-jets

Archived