Are the coaches making good personnel decisions?

Jetster

Looks like Enunwa, Owusu and Smith being put in front of Kerley was a mistake. Not getting Mauldin & Reilly up to speed to sit Pace? 

Using Coples the same way Rex did? Not that we have more options there. Using Marcus Williams as a safety? Starting Antonio Cromartie, when you have alternatives like Walls or Milliner?

Where are these creative lineups we heard about when Bowles was hired? Big Nickles, dimes, blitzing more than anyone in the league?

It's not a criticism, just an open ended question. Did Bowles all of a sudden get conservative when given the reigns? Down 14 with 3 minutes over the 50 punt? Really? He's made some curious decisions & continues to trot Cro out there to get burnt every week. 

We have no idea how players are performing in the class room.  That will tell a coach just as much, perhaps more than what we see on the field on Sundays.  

The only thing I can say with absolutely certainty is that Cromartie playing 20 yards off week in and week out is on the Coach.  

Tell the truth.  Is this another way of saying Bowles should be playimg Geno?  

Not at all. Sticking with Fitz is the right move. Hiring Bobby April? Not so much. I wasn't a fan of how he handled Mangolds injury & replacement either. We had like 100 guards in here & we don't have a center without experience? I know we had a guy they cut in camp that was with us last year & filled in for an injured Mangold & did well, I just can't remember his name?

Looks like Enunwa, Owusu and Smith being put in front of Kerley was a mistake. Not getting Mauldin & Reilly up to speed to sit Pace? 

Using Coples the same way Rex did? Not that we have more options there. Using Marcus Williams as a safety? Starting Antonio Cromartie, when you have alternatives like Walls or Milliner?

Where are these creative lineups we heard about when Bowles was hired? Big Nickles, dimes, blitzing more than anyone in the league?

It's not a criticism, just an open ended question. Did Bowles all of a sudden get conservative when given the reigns? Down 14 with 3 minutes over the 50 punt? Really? He's made some curious decisions & continues to trot Cro out there to get burnt every week. 

1. Using a CB as a safety isn't creative? It didn't work but it is creative. It's a lack of depth. 

2. People keep sh*tting on the punt. IT WORKED. They got the ball back. 

3. It is a criticism. Don't dress it up any differently.

Personnel wise, Im not too alarmed.

Playing Cro sucks, but hes getting good cash from the Jets to play, not ride the bench. Kinda hand-tied there.

Getting a TE involved more would be nice though.....

Time management decisions seem to be worse.

1. Using a CB as a safety isn't creative? It didn't work but it is creative. It's a lack of depth. 

Go away.

Not at all. Sticking with Fitz is the right move. Hiring Bobby April? Not so much. I wasn't a fan of how he handled Mangolds injury & replacement either. We had like 100 guards in here & we don't have a center without experience? I know we had a guy they cut in camp that was with us last year & filled in for an injured Mangold & did well, I just can't remember his name?

Dalton Freeman.

Rex did the exact same thing with Allen.(#1)  How creative can it be? 

Rex did the exact same thing with Allen. How creative can it be? 

It was exactly the opposite with Allen actually. He was a safety playing corner which is a more difficult transition that CB to S generally speaking. 

This situation is a CB playing safety. 

Where are you getting that? I just go by what I am seeing and comparing it to what he did in arizona

I mean, he blitzes more than any other team in the NFL but one or 2.  You said he's not blitzing much, but he blitzes more than anyone but 1-2 other teams.

It was exactly the opposite with Allen actually. He was a safety playing corner which is a more difficult transition that CB to S generally speaking. 

I would expect Milliner makes a transition to safety when he is officially back.  

Why would you expect that at all? You're going to put a injury riddled player at a more high impact position, why? It makes no sense. You don't draft a guy top ten and then change his position. 

Well, first, he had a significant injury last year, in which he probably lost a lot of agility.  Secondly, he is at the bottom of a talented roster, and the current regime didn't draft him.  Lastly, I would anticipate a three safety set where Pryor comes into the box, and play two over with him and Gilchrist.  

Edit:  As far as durability, if he can't tackle without getting hurt, he is going to get hurt anywhere.  

He punted because his ****in QB was 15 miles out of bounds mentally pondering butterflies and what movie he's gonna see next while completely oblivious the clock was running because he quit running and gave up forward progression. Did you not see the look of disgust on Bowles face?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, first, he had a significant injury last year, in which he probably lost a lot of agility.  Secondly, he is at the bottom of a talented roster, and the current regime didn't draft him.  Lastly, I would anticipate a three safety set where Pryor comes into the box, and play two over with him and Gilchrist.  

Edit:  As far as durability, if he can't tackle without getting hurt, he is going to get hurt anywhere.  

3 safeties and 3 corners? Surely you can't be serious. They aren't moving Milliner to safety. If Pryor and Gilchrist are healthy, he'd get no run there. The Jets need to figure out if he can be an NFL corner sooner rather than later. 

3 safeties and 3 corners? Surely you can't be serious. They aren't moving Milliner to safety. If Pryor and Gilchrist are healthy, he'd get no run there. The Jets need to figure out if he can be an NFL corner sooner rather than later. 

Ok.

Fine. Is it really that much more of a "creative" move? 

Archived