Going to my first game at Metlife tomorrow.

GREENBEAN

It's interesting to me as I used to buy season tickets to Jets games for a few years when I lived in NJ. I was at every single game from Coslett through Kotite, you know... the golden years, and now I haven't been to a game since Sanchez threw 5 picks to the Bills D in the last year in Giants Stadium (which is my avatar pic). 

I'm excited to be bringing my 7 year old son to his first home game who up to this point has only seen Jets games as the visitor in Joe Robbie, Land shark, Sun Life stadium in S Florida. 

Two things...

1. Who the hell does the Jets chant these days and is it as powerful as it used to be in those last years in Giants stadium? My son has told be 25 times today he can't wait to yell it with all the other Jets fans. I'm hoping it's not a big let down. 

2. Is there a group of JN board guys that gets together any where that I can try and stop by and finally meet a few of you? I used to run the opening day tailgate party for Matt's GreenHouse Board (after the Rivals board shut down) for few years and it was great meeting so many of the guys. Some who still come here. Savage, Nightcrawler(Hermanator), BamaJet, JumbalayaJet and so many others. If possible I would just love to pop in and say and empty handed hello.  :-) 

Any help is appreciated and GO JETS!!!! 

It's interesting to me as I used to buy season tickets to Jets games for a few years when I lived in NJ. I was at every single game from Coslett through Kotite, you know... the golden years, and now I haven't been to a game since Sanchez threw 5 picks to the Bills D in the last year in Giants Stadium (which is my avatar pic). 

I'm excited to be bringing my 7 year old son to his first home game who up to this point has only seen Jets games as the visitor in Joe Robbie, Land shark, Sun Life stadium in S Florida. 

Two things...

1. Who the hell does the Jets chant these days and is it as powerful as it used to be in those last years in Giants stadium? My son has told be 25 times today he can't wait to yell it with all the other Jets fans. I'm hoping it's not a big let down. 

2. Is there a group of JN board guys that gets together any where that I can try and stop by and finally meet a few of you? I used to run the opening day tailgate party for Matt's GreenHouse Board (after the Rivals board shut down) for few years and it was great meeting so many of the guys. Some who still come here. Savage, Nightcrawler(Hermanator), BamaJet, JumbalayaJet and so many others. If possible I would just love to pop in and say and empty handed hello.  :-) 

No more chant

There is still a chant. Even if the hipster generation we all are living through tries to kill it with their "you can't tell me what to chant attitude". It will live on forever. Just in different forms. 

IS there a designated leader or is it back to the old days when it used to be done without the aid of video screens and just done endzone to endzone? 

Long sleeve T-shirt. Priced accordingly for FANZZZZ!!!

I gotcha. Yeah man,  I've never bought a single item at stadium prices. And that's even back when I thought $25 for a shirt was ludicrous lol

Thanks brother.

Two things...

So you missed the Pro Player era?

I gotcha. Yeah man,  I've never bought a single item at stadium prices. And that's even back when I thought $25 for a shirt was ludicrous lol

Thanks brother.

Years back my teenage son thought he was he-man and left the house in a t-shirt in November needless to say dad had to buy him a $90 Jets sweatshirt that Modells sold for $30.

Life lessons learned enjoy the game. 

Two things...

Bills name was Nightstalker you just called him a worm..LOL And he hasn't been on any boards in years..Neither has Jumbo unless he followed Sean to Scout.. Back in those days many of us are impressed your still alive today..:)

Bills name was Nightstalker you just called him a worm..LOL And he hasn't been on any boards in years..Neither has Jumbo unless he followed Sean to Scout.. Back in those days many of us are impressed your still alive today..:)

LOL Yeah, I was a mess back then. I'm a valued member of society now buddy. Jumbo reached out to me not too long ago, but it was short lived. 

Either way it was fun eh? 

Sorry to the guys I unfortunately got there just in time and could not make the E10 tailgater. Made me sad it did.

Two things...

Did that guy who ran the Greenhouse board have Jets season tickets in section 337 in the old stadium?  I remember a guy a couple seats over from me giving a card for a board with that name years ago.

Did that guy who ran the Greenhouse board have Jets season tickets in section 337 in the old stadium?  I remember a guy a couple seats over from me giving a card for a board with that name years ago.

Possibly. I know he had season tickets but I would be blown away if I retained the actual section he was in. As Savage alluded to a couple of posts above this, I was usually hammered when I hung out with those guys. He was(I'm sure still is) a great guy. His board just kinda died like 2 years ago.  Still some posts on there but not many. 

Hope it was worth it.

How are you going to explain to the wife that the kids aren't going to college anymore?

Funny. Truth is over all I didn't like the place very much, It felt like an entirely different environment than I remember in the old building. Very sterile and subdued. 

3rd and 7 and my section was 70% sitting and not even trying to yell to help the team. There were a few really good fans there and that made me happy for my son to see and experience.

I think just being up that high it gives the feeling that you're not apart of the game so why bother. I'm not sure. Either way the place is nice and we had fun but very different and just kinda weird to me. 

Too bad the Jets don't have much of a home field advantage anymore I'm afraid. 

Jet man tried but nobody cared much. :( 

Funny. Truth is over all I didn't like the place very much, It felt like an entirely different environment than I remember in the old building. Very sterile and subdued. 

3rd and 7 and my section was 70% sitting and not even trying to yell to help the team. There were a few really good fans there and that made me happy for my son to see and experience.

I think just being up that high it gives the feeling that you're not apart of the game so why bother. I'm not sure. Either way the place is nice and we had fun but very different and just kinda weird to me. 

Too bad the Jets don't have much of a home field advantage anymore I'm afraid. 

Jet man tried but nobody cared much. :( 

Sterile is a perfect word for it, MSG too.

Sterile is a perfect word for it, MSG too.

That's interesting. I was staying at the New Yorker, right across the street from the Garden and contemplated going to see "The Dead and Company" the night before the game. I've seen so many shows there and have such awesome memories. Maybe it's best I keep my memories and not ruin it by actually walking into that building again. I never knew I would have such a hard time with all these changes.  UGH!

It's my second visit to Met Life Thursday night. Hoping to see some Jets Nation Brothers at Tail gate Joe's?

Will be at tailgatejoe's with a couple of buddies of mine.  Look forward to meeting you and any other JNers making the trip.

That's interesting. I was staying at the New Yorker, right across the street from the Garden and contemplated going to see "The Dead and Company" the night before the game. I've seen so many shows there and have such awesome memories. Maybe it's best I keep my memories and not ruin it by actually walking into that building again. I never knew I would have such a hard time with all these changes.  UGH!

I sat in the uppers for the first time and it was dead but in all honesty, the whole place was dead. I think a lot of it has to do with the opponent.  Most fans feel like that game should've been a blowout, and as you're sitting there watching they Jets do everything they can to help Jax stay in the game, it takes the wind out of your sails.  I don't think I've ever sat through a win and said "are you f*&$ing kidding me?" so many times.

Well, im talking more for Rangers games. It's pathetic. 

I sat in the uppers for the first time and it was dead but in all honesty, the whole place was dead. I think a lot of it has to do with the opponent.  Most fans feel like that game should've been a blowout, and as you're sitting there watching they Jets do everything they can to help Jax stay in the game, it takes the wind out of your sails.  I don't think I've ever sat through a win and said "are you f*&$ing kidding me?" so many times.

I can see that. It's crazy that people would think that way after the Jets lost to the Raiders and the Jags beat the Bills coming in. 

So what did you make of the Jet man situation? 

Archived