Going to my first game at Metlife tomorrow.

GREENBEAN

I can see that. It's crazy that people would think that way after the Jets lost to the Raiders and the Jags beat the Bills coming in. 

So what did you make of the Jet man situation? 

I don't love it, but I want it to catch on.  Fact is that nobody can match Ed's intensity.

first chant is usually good but seems to taper off as the game goes on.

The Garden is a great venue for hockey. Been a STH for a long time including June 14, 1994 and the refurbished joint is still a great place for the games

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Its a good building sure. Im talking more the people who go to the games. The Garden is a morgue.

I don't love it, but I want it to catch on.  Fact is that nobody can match Ed's intensity.

first chant is usually good but seems to taper off as the game goes on.

Those are my thoughts on it as well.  I think doing the exact same routine as Ed isn't helping him either.

Oh well. My son got to experience a couple of good ones in the beginning there so I'm happy about that.

I can see that. It's crazy that people would think that way after the Jets lost to the Raiders and the Jags beat the Bills coming in. 

So what did you make of the Jet man situation? 

Ed "appointed" two guys to take over.  Jetman and another guy I forget his name.  It seems like they rotate a different guy each game.  There's no real consistency.  Should have one guy lead a chant and the second so they can get their two chants in.  Stadium was DEAD this past week.  Fans were pumped up at the Redskins game but dead this past Sunday.

It's interesting to me as I used to buy season tickets to Jets games for a few years when I lived in NJ. I was at every single game from Coslett through Kotite, you know... the golden years, and now I haven't been to a game since Sanchez threw 5 picks to the Bills D in the last year in Giants Stadium (which is my avatar pic). 

I'm excited to be bringing my 7 year old son to his first home game who up to this point has only seen Jets games as the visitor in Joe Robbie, Land shark, Sun Life stadium in S Florida. 

Two things...

1. Who the hell does the Jets chant these days and is it as powerful as it used to be in those last years in Giants stadium? My son has told be 25 times today he can't wait to yell it with all the other Jets fans. I'm hoping it's not a big let down. 

2. Is there a group of JN board guys that gets together any where that I can try and stop by and finally meet a few of you? I used to run the opening day tailgate party for Matt's GreenHouse Board (after the Rivals board shut down) for few years and it was great meeting so many of the guys. Some who still come here. Savage, Nightcrawler(Hermanator), BamaJet, JumbalayaJet and so many others. If possible I would just love to pop in and say and empty handed hello.  :-) 

Any help is appreciated and GO JETS!!!! 

Awesome!  I'm doing the EXACT thing.  Used to have seasons at the old stadium, bringing my 7 year old son, etc....

Ed "appointed" two guys to take over.  Jetman and another guy I forget his name.  It seems like they rotate a different guy each game.  There's no real consistency.  Should have one guy lead a chant and the second so they can get their two chants in.  Stadium was DEAD this past week.  Fans were pumped up at the Redskins game but dead this past Sunday.

I think they're actually using both guys at every game but one guy does the first half and the other guy does the second half.  Could be wrong.

Funny. Truth is over all I didn't like the place very much, It felt like an entirely different environment than I remember in the old building. Very sterile and subdued. 

3rd and 7 and my section was 70% sitting and not even trying to yell to help the team. There were a few really good fans there and that made me happy for my son to see and experience.

I think just being up that high it gives the feeling that you're not apart of the game so why bother. I'm not sure. Either way the place is nice and we had fun but very different and just kinda weird to me. 

Too bad the Jets don't have much of a home field advantage anymore I'm afraid. 

Jet man tried but nobody cared much. :( 

It was a weird crowd... Worst one I have seen by far. Usually much louder.

Awesome!  I'm doing the EXACT thing.  Used to have seasons at the old stadium, bringing my 7 year old son, etc....

That's awesome. My 7 year old son loved it !!!!! He's still talking to me about it daily. I have had to promise him that once a year we will go up and go to a home game. He's got the bug. His experience has been as a visitor in Miami up till last weekend so this was really something for him even though the crowd was piss poor for that game. 

Your son is going to love it man. Make sure to report to us what he thinks. 

shhh....Don't tell anyone but I actually tried to get my son to be a Ravens fan like his Baltimorian mother, but he wasn't having it. So now that he's in the tribe I thought he just had to see all the other eternally miserable brethren he's chosen.  :D 

That's awesome. My 7 year old son loved it !!!!! He's still talking to me about it daily. I have had to promise him that once a year we will go up and go to a home game. He's got the bug. His experience has been as a visitor in Miami up till last weekend so this was really something for him even though the crowd was piss poor for that game. 

shhh....Don't tell anyone but I actually tried to get my son to be a Ravens fan like his Baltimorian mother, but he wasn't having it. So now that he's in the tribe I thought he just had to see all the other eternally miserable brethren he's chosen.  :D 

Correction.....as a 36 year season ticket holder, my fellow fans and I are not miserable. It's the team we root for that's miserable!B)

My son typically says he's a fan of the team the Jets, Mets or Rangers are playing against....  But at heart he's a Jets fan, he's just a ball buster.  I haven't sold him on the Mets over the Yankees yet though.

Correction.....as a 36 year season ticket holder, my fellow fans and I are not miserable. It's the team we root for that's miserable!B)

LOL   I think you may have some rose colored glasses my friend.  lol 

The Jets fams I know  (me included of course) can complain about a TD pass. 

If you aint miserable you aint watchin 

It was a weird crowd... Worst one I have seen by far. Usually much louder.

It was terrible...I was wondering if it was just because I was in the 300's for the first time.

115 today so hopefully the building is rocking.

My son typically says he's a fan of the team the Jets, Mets or Rangers are playing against....  But at heart he's a Jets fan, he's just a ball buster.  I haven't sold him on the Mets over the Yankees yet though.

lol ball busting kids. That's the best!  

It may be the time to do it with the Mets actually being competent at the moment. :D

Hilarious, every time  my six year old gets pissed off at me he always says "well i am going root for the cheaters."  AKA the Patriots.  Made for an interesting parent teacher conference 3 weeks ago. One of kids parents in his class who is a pat's fan complained to his teacher "that we should not teach our child to hate on greatness, it not his sons fault that his father roots for a terrible foot ball team."  and could our son please refrain for calling the Pat's cheaters. I almost broke the tiny kindergarten chair i was sitting in because I laughed so hard.    

Archived