Chan Gailey coaches and calls plays like it is 1990 not 2015...

CobraVerde

he might make a few good calls here and there and we may win some games, but when push comes to shove I have zero faith in him. His conservative play calling will be the end of us every time. We will come back and prolly have a great second half but against elite teams he sucks.

Agreed. The scheme is fine if the playcalling would be less conservative.

I agree. I dont have a problem with the scheme, but the conservative playcalling has been suspect at times. He also has to do something about getting this running game going. It's been 3 consecutive games now that we've done nothing with the run game and our record during that time span is 1-2. 

This game shows how bad we need our rushing attack. We won this game because it was the Jaguars. They shot themselves in the feet so many times in the last 10 minutes of that game. A better team would have won this game and it would have been another loss because we can only depend on Fitz passing the ball to move the offense. We're not that type of team yet. 

That possession before halftime was just ridiculous. 

And I never want to hear Trent Greene commentate another Jets game again. That dude is horrible. 

Besides his awful commentary on the sideline noncatch and on Marshalls TD he argues that the retired ref, who they go to for an explanation is wrong.

And why did they keep showing the turnovers on screen as 2 for Jags, who had 3 at the time and 1 for the Jets?  We didnt turn the ball over.

2 starting lineman out, banged up QB, both starting WRs banged up, starting RB banged up....., I totally see the point of this thread, we should've been running no huddle greatest show on turf style football. I mean that totally makes complete sense you guys, yeah!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That possession before halftime was just ridiculous. 

And I never want to hear Trent Greene commentate another Jets game again. That dude is horrible. 

awful.  if you are hoping to get to halftime, you can't run it up the gut.  that sends a message to the opposing coach to use his timeouts on defense

dumb

Jets fans are nuts!!!

Fitz is an average player he isn't Brady!!!

He can't just throw the ball around the field. 

Come on Guys!!!

I'd say he is barely average.  He is on his 5 th team for a reason and it shows.

We have little choice so  many pick apart our play calling.

not sure what we could do better ..... I'm glad we are 5 and 3 

You can't run the ball every first down ,what happen to the short pass game

Here is Chan's problem if he throws on first down and they don't get a completion they are in 2 and 10 and begin to have to throw on second down because you run then and they are not effective, now what?

Now you are finding yourself in far more problematic third and long situations and Fitz just isn't that QB who can do all that. 
The idea that some float out here that why don't the Jets run their offense like the Pats, is madness? Well guess what we don't have one of the greatest QBs in NFL history under center and that matters!

Chan knows Fitz, and he trying his best to keep Fitz comfortable in the pocket. 

Also does the kind of play calling that some suggest end up giving the line an out whereby the Jets are quick to abandon the run?

Very difficult position to be in. 

So Chan uses the run to keep the pressure off of Fitz and he realizes that things can go sideways fast with his QB if he is not made to feel comfortable.

here is the playcalling from today on 1st down, I don't think I will be able to find the # of player sin the box tho

• 1st and 10 at NYJ 27

(14:55 - 1st) C.Ivory up the middle to NYJ 26 for -1 yards (J.Cyprien)

• 1st and 10 at NYJ 49

(8:51 - 1st) C.Ivory up the middle to NYJ 47 for -2 yards (J.Cyprien)

• 1st and 10 at JAX 37

(7:14 - 1st) (Shotgun) PENALTY on JAX-J.Odrick, Neutral Zone Infraction, 5 yards, enforced at JAX 37 - No Play

• 1st and 5 at JAX 32

(6:19 - 1st) (Shotgun) R.Fitzpatrick pass deep left to E.Decker to JAX 7 for 25 yards (A.Colvin)

• 1st and Goal at JAX 7

(5:53 - 1st) C.Ivory right tackle to JAX 7 for no gain (M.Bennett)

• 1st and 10 at JAX 32

(4:10 - 1st) (Shotgun) R.Fitzpatrick pass short middle to K.Thompkins to JAX 31 for 1 yard (A.Branch)

• 1st and Goal at JAX 10

(2:01 - 1st) (Shotgun) C.Ivory right end to JAX 1 for 9 yards (S.Brown)

• 1st and 10 at NYJ 10

(11:42 - 2nd) R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short right to K.Davis

• 1st and 10 at NYJ 24

(10:14 - 2nd) C.Ivory right tackle to NYJ 26 for 2 yards (T.Smith; J.Cyprien)

• 1st and 10 at NYJ 43

(8:10 - 2nd) B.Qvale reported in as eligible. C.Ivory up the middle to NYJ 45 for 2 yards (D.Skuta)

• 1st and 10 at JAX 37

(4:33 - 2nd) (Shotgun) PENALTY on NYJ-E.Decker, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at JAX 37 - No Play

• 1st and 15 at JAX 42

(4:33 - 2nd) (Shotgun) R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete deep left to B.Marshall

• 1st and 10 at NYJ 15

(1:30 - 2nd) C.Ivory right tackle to NYJ 15 for no gain (S.Marks)

• 1st and 10 at NYJ 13

(8:56 - 3rd) (Shotgun) R.Fitzpatrick scrambles right end to NYJ 14 for 1 yard (P.Posluszny)

• 1st and 10 at NYJ 20

(10:18 - 4th) (Shotgun) C.Ivory left guard to NYJ 21 for 1 yard (J.Odrick; A.Jones)

• 1st and 10 at NYJ 27

(4:27 - 3rd) (Shotgun) R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short left to E.Decker (T.Smith)

• 1st and 10 at JAX 29

(4:09 - 3rd) (Shotgun) C.Ivory up the middle to JAX 27 for 2 yards (T.Alualu; J.Cyprien)

• 1st and 10 at NYJ 33

(0:26 - 3rd) (Shotgun) R.Fitzpatrick pass short left to C.Ivory to NYJ 28 for -5 yards (T.Smith)

• 1st and 10 at JAX 41

(8:50 - 4th) (Shotgun) R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete deep right to E.Decker. PENALTY on NYJ-W.Johnson, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at JAX 41 - No Play

• 1st and 20 at NYJ 49

(8:46 - 4th) (Shotgun) R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short right to J.Cumberland

• 1st and 10 at NYJ 34

(5:16 - 4th) PENALTY on NYJ-B.Qvale, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at NYJ 34 - No Play

• 1st and 15 at NYJ 29

(5:16 - 4th) (Shotgun) C.Ivory up the middle to NYJ 29 for no gain (T.Smith; T.Alualu)

• 1st and 10 at JAX 25

(3:37 - 4th) C.Ivory left end to JAX 21 for 4 yards (J.Cyprien; A.Jones)

• 1st and 10 at 50

(2:15 - 4th) C.Ivory up the middle to JAX 46 for 4 yards (A.Colvin)

•  

sorry for the epic post but that's

12 runs with ivory, mostly up the middle

9 passes

Thank you very much, what it shows is that the original post and those that followed that inferred that we don't throw on first down are clueless!!

Men lie, women lie, numbers don't!

Charlie Brown is right on the money. It's all about positive plays. Down & distance are imperative when your dealing with injuries & an average QB. 2nd & 10s for this offense are difficult. He doesn't trust the Oline right now so he's pulling on the reigns.

You keep Fitz from making mistakes by keeping everything within 10 yards. We'll probably see a the same vs the Bills who hopefully will be without Kyle Williams who is a really good run stuffer. Chan doesn't want to be in long distance 3rd downs vs Buffalos pass rush. This game is gonna be played close to the vest again, with Bowles leaning on his defense to create a couple of turnovers. Hopefully the Bills keep getting penalized as I think they are way up there. 

This game is so predictable. Whoever plays the cleaner game will win. 

Charlie Brown is right on the money. It's all about positive plays. Down & distance are imperative when your dealing with injuries & an average QB. 2nd & 10s for this offense are difficult. He doesn't trust the Oline right now so he's pulling on the reigns.

You keep Fitz from making mistakes by keeping everything within 10 yards. We'll probably see a the same vs the Bills who hopefully will be without Kyle Williams who is a really good run stuffer. Chan doesn't want to be in long distance 3rd downs vs Buffalos pass rush. This game is gonna be played close to the vest again, with Bowles leaning on his defense to create a couple of turnovers. Hopefully the Bills keep getting penalized as I think they are way up there. 

This game is so predictable. Whoever plays the cleaner game will win. 

This is a dead on post.  Chan has coached the O just fine.  Everyone is hurt.  Everyone.  Mangold, Colon, Marshall, Decker, Ivory, Fitz....  Those guys are by far the heart of this offense and they're all hurt to varying degrees.  The key against BUF is to allow them to make the mistakes they will make, and they will, and not give it back over to them.  I imagine Rex has them feeling like this is their Super Bowl, so they're gonna come out amped up. 

I imagine Rex has them feeling like this is their Super Bowl, so they're gonna come out amped up. 

Good.  His teams tend to play at their worst when they're excessively amped.  Remember the Ravens game in 2010?  And every Rex-coached game against the Giants?  And when the Bills gave up a franchise record in passing yards to New England this season?   New England was supposed to be their "Super Bowl" also.

Good.  His teams tend to play at their worst when they're excessively amped.  Remember the Ravens game in 2010?  And every Rex-coached game against the Giants?  And when the Bills gave up a franchise record in passing yards to New England this season?   New England was supposed to be their "Super Bowl" also.

Completely agree.  I could imagine an early wave at first, but so long as we weather it and don't let things get out of hand I think we will be fine. 

Archived