And we move on to TNF @ 5-3

Jetster

McCoy is fine, and will be playing Thursday.

That being said, we looked much better today as we got back a lot of our key players we were missing against Jacksonville. It's gonna be real tough going on the road with short rest in an emotional game. We have never done well on a Thursday night game. I'm gonna assume that continues. 

I agree SweetLee:  Thursday's game is not going to be a slam dunk for us (Bills).   I am concerned about the 4 day turnaround too.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know; team hasn't looked great.  Colon and Mangold are needed; D seems soft, but ...

... Buffalo lost to the team we beat today. Buffalo won big and Rex isn't great after after a big win and hasn't won 2 in row often lately.

However the other narrative about Rex - poor after a bye week - failed to materialise this weekend. So I'm not hanging my hat on that.

On D we have to be able to account for a mobile QB - not something we've done well at - and we need to do better against their #2 WR option (Cro being out may actually improve matters on that front). Plus we must limit the running game, another thing we've struggled with lately.

I'm seeing this as a hugely important game as far as our season goes, and in no way do I feel confident based on how we're playing right now.

I don't know; team hasn't looked great.  Colon and Mangold are needed; D seems soft, but ...

... Buffalo lost to the team we beat today. Buffalo won big and Rex isn't great after after a big win and hasn't won 2 in row often lately.

This game is a tough call.  It's not going to be an easy win for either team.  Our guys worked overtime (after practice and without coaches) this past week.  I think they are really committed.  Also,  I think Rex wants this game as much as the Jets.  It's really a wait and see. Jets' fans will be pumped,  that's for sure.  

Jets are at least or more banged up than the Bills. Chan and Fitz have historically sucked against Rex. I don't like this game at all, but the plan needs to be spread Buffalo out to throw early and often. Rex will give away the pass to stop the run which the Jets can't do right now anyway. If Jets get the win, they are sitting pretty.

Look, the gameplan for this week is simple.  Let BUF win the race to turnovers and penalties.  BUF will have 2-3 turnovers this game, we need to keep ours to 0-1.  BUF will have 10-15 penalties.  We need to have less than 5.  We do that and we will beat them.  BUF is gonna come out gangbusters early.  We have to hold on and weather that early emotion, once it dies down it will come down to scheming and mistakes, and we all know Rex teams make lots of mistakes and don't scheme very well. 

Look, the gameplan for this week is simple.  Let BUF win the race to turnovers and penalties.  BUF will have 2-3 turnovers this game, we need to keep ours to 0-1.

Hmm...we didn't have any yesterday, and when Tyrod has played, we really haven't had many at all. Interesting to think we'll certainly have 2-3 Thursday.He's got 10 TDs to 4 INTS and 3 of them came against New England. 

If Manuel was playing, well, then yeah, I'd say 2-3..

Look, the gameplan for this week is simple.  Let BUF win the race to turnovers and penalties.  BUF will have 2-3 turnovers this game, we need to keep ours to 0-1.  BUF will have 10-15 penalties.  We need to have less than 5.  We do that and we will beat them.  BUF is gonna come out gangbusters early.  We have to hold on and weather that early emotion, once it dies down it will come down to scheming and mistakes, and we all know Rex teams make lots of mistakes and don't scheme very well. 

Bills had 13 penalties for 94 yards yesterday; Jets were only 6 for 41. So that could play in our favour.

Neither team turned the ball over, but until I went to look I had no idea that Buffalo only threw 12 passes! I guess Miami's run D missed the flight ...

Impressive that Taylor completed 11 of those 12 for 181 yards. However, 8 of those went to Watkins for 168, the other three went to McCoy and Clay for 13 total yards. Something tells me Watkins won't be duplicating those numbers Thursday; someone else will have to step up at WR if Buffalo want to beat us through the air.

And Rex's D did give up a chunk of yardage again (397, with 106 of those on the ground despite Miami playing catch up).

One thing that does concern me is 3rd down % - Jets only converted on 5 of 15 (and 1 4th down, so sort of 6 /16). Buffalo were 8 / 13. We can't afford to let them get long drives going, especially early on.

This game is a tough call.  It's not going to be an easy win for either team.  Our guys worked overtime (after practice and without coaches) this past week.  I think they are really committed.  Also,  I think Rex wants this game as much as the Jets.  It's really a wait and see. Jets' fans will be pumped,  that's for sure.  

Easy win for the Bills. Jets are a beat up team and not good enough to over come the injuries at certain key positions. Unless Mangold, Colon, Pryor and Cro get healthy in two days, Jets will lose.

Easy win for the Bills. Jets are a beat up team and not good enough to over come the injuries at certain key positions. Unless Mangold, Colon, Pryor and Cro get healthy in two days, Jets will lose.

Due thank you.  No really, thank you!  To think we were actually going to suit up and play the game, but given your Nostradomus like skills here I think we can just pack it in. 

good one. So your post four above mine predicting the amount of turnovers Buffalo will have is different how?

Quote from Snell: BUF will have 2-3 turnovers this game,

Touche, I guess you win Miss Cleo.  Well I guess we'll see Thursday.  Sure hope I'm right.

Hmm...we didn't have any yesterday, and when Tyrod has played, we really haven't had many at all. Interesting to think we'll certainly have 2-3 Thursday.He's got 10 TDs to 4 INTS and 3 of them came against New England. 

If Manuel was playing, well, then yeah, I'd say 2-3..

I have watched  every game of the Bills except for their recent win over Miami at least 2 times.

I can say I truly believe that Buffalo's QB can be an exceptional QB.  The idea that this guy is just going to implode is just delusional amd wishful thinking on my fellow Jets fans behalf.

Despite the real Jets additions and the Rex hate, the Bills were slated to be better than us this year.  People act like we didnt lose to them twice by lopsided scores last year.  We did.

Can we compete? Yes we can...

But to act like the Jets are supposed to beat this team is just whistling in the dark IMO. 

Thank god we have a weak schedule during this stretch with all of our injuries our guys are suffering. Had we lost this game at home it would have been a 3 game losing streak & that's when teams start pressing. Man that was an ugly f*cking game but who cares when your on the winning side. Two good things came out of this game, one, Bowles will look like an idiot if he starts Cro again, second, Mauldin is coming on which adds much needed speed on the edge. At least he speeds up the opposing QBs decision.

Each & every game is different matchups. This year we have one matchup vs the Bills that we lacked last year...a competent QB. The Bills killed us last year because Geno turned the ball over a 100 times,lol. Revis get Watkins, with our front stuffing the run, Fitz just needs to play mistake free football for us to have a chance. THIS IS A BIG GAME!!! Jets win this game & go to 6-3 and we get something that we need so badly...10 days between the next game! We need guys to get healthy. We also need a RB to take the pressure off of Ivory. Buffalo is beatable, we need to make Taylor make some mistakes when he has to go to someone other than Watkins. If we ever needed a huge big boy #1 picks up front to stuff the run, Thurdays game is it. 

You forgot to mention that our offensive line is weak. Especially with Mangold probably not playing. They can't get Ivory an inch of a crease and the Jets will have to run the ball against Buffalo, or it's all over. They will sack Fitzy like we haven't seen yet, becuase they can rush the passer while the Jets struggle. Good to see Mauldin IV getting going though.

You forgot to mention that our offensive line is weak. Especially with Mangold probably not playing. They can't get Ivory an inch of a crease and the Jets will have to run the ball against Buffalo, or it's all over. They will sack Fitzy like we haven't seen yet, becuase they can rush the passer while the Jets struggle. Good to see Mauldin IV getting going though.

I agree. The Oline is a huge worry. I'm hoping Bowles told Nick to not be a hero on Sunday & that we need him on Thursday vs a division opponent. I think he plays on Thursday knowing he gets 10 days off. Mangold doesn't need many snaps to be ready, he can be there for walk throughs. Hopefully Bowles saved Colon for Thursday too. If that's the case it was brilliant based on the fact we slipped past the Jags. Bowles seems like a sly cat to me. 

I have watched  every game of the Bills except for their recent win over Miami at least 2 times.

I can say I truly believe that Buffalo's QB can be an exceptional QB.  The idea that this guy is just going to implode is just delusional amd wishful thinking on my fellow Jets fans behalf.

Despite the real Jets additions and the Rex hate, the Bills were slated to be better than us this year.  People act like we didnt lose to them twice by lopsided scores last year.  We did.

Can we compete? Yes we can...

But to act like the Jets are supposed to beat this team is just whistling in the dark IMO. 

I hear you Charlie but it's not going to be a walk in the park for Buffalo either.  Not with your defense.

Hughes got 2 sacks on Tanny on Sunday. That was it for sacks. Not sure on pressures. And Miami were playing from behind, so passed a lot more than they ran it.

If we can keep it to 2 or fewer on Thursday we should do well. Buffalo has not been racking up the sacks so far.

Mangold and Colon looks like a possibility.

Rex Ryan hasn't won two games in a row since the last two games of the 2013-14 season. Before that he won two games in a row ONCE in the 2012-13 season. He is typically win loss win loss this season. I think the arguments for the Bills being a strong opponent are good ones, but Rex Ryan finds a way to lose these games. 

agreed....  I'm just concerned about our injuries and how we seem to not be the team that played Indy. 

they aren't the team that beat Indi in Buff week 1 either...they have 3 wins since that game, 2 against the phins and 14-13 over the titans...let's not pretend they've accomplished anything this year either...they did get their defense destroyed in a loss to the jags a couple weeks ago...

they aren't the team that beat Indi in Buff week 1 either...they have 3 wins since that game, 2 against the phins and 14-13 over the titans...let's not pretend they've accomplished anything this year either...they did get their defense destroyed in a loss to the jags a couple weeks ago...

understood.... But we didn't  exude a ton of confidence either. But let's go Jets. 

understood.... But we didn't  exude a ton of confidence either. But let's go Jets. 

I'd rather be a jets fan disappointed we didn't destroy those teams than a bills faN watching their team lose those games...that's all I'm saying.  If you read the board aND didn't know the team being discussed, you'd think we lost some of these games we won...

We sound like charger, saints, or falcon fans based on what happened last weekend...I'm just saying, we're winning, why bitch about style points?

I'd rather be a jets fan disappointed we didn't destroy those teams than a bills faN watching their team lose those games...that's all I'm saying.  If you read the board aND didn't know the team being discussed, you'd think we lost some of these games we won...

We sound like charger, saints, or falcon fans based on what happened last weekend...I'm just saying, we're winning, why bitch about style points?

CANT WAIT. Til Thursday....

One thing to bear in mind - win or lose, it's still just one more game. Winning doesn't put us in the play-offs, losing doesn't put us out.

Same goes for the Bills too.

The difference between winning and losing is being 2.5 games ahead of the Bills for the WC or being a half game behind them. This is not just any game.

The difference between winning and losing is being 2.5 games ahead of the Bills for the WC or being a half game behind them. This is not just any game.

I agree it'll give more separation, but neither outcome gives us anything there and then. It's not us vs. Buffalo in isolation, and there are still many weeks to play.

Even if Buffalo win, and we're both 5-4 ... Buffalo play NE next week, we play Houston, so we could easily end up back where we are now, 1 game up. Just look at Oakland - in the play-off spot last week, now in 8th place after one game.

Archived