This Oline is a dumpster fire

Jetster

What I'd like to know is who is our offensive line coach, who made the decisions on who to keep & who to release. Johnson is horrible! Dalton Freeman actually played center pretty well last year when Mangold was injured. I was surprised when Colon won a starting spot, is any Jet fan surprised he can't stay healthy. I mean the Steelers knew he couldn't stay healthy. 

Honestly, the Oline & the coach should be ashamed of themselves. If I was Bowles I'd just write these numbers on the chalkboard.

23 CARRIES...26 YARDS! Let that sink in. That has got to be the worse rushing numbers EVER based on 23 carries. As any Jet fan knows we're always breaking records in futility at some point. I'm not happy with the way the Oline was constructed or how we only brought Carpenter in. That Ducasse pick really hurt us, nothing like those great offensive lineman at UConn.

Our depth at guard just has not been coached up at all. Almost every team we've played had Oline injuries. We start a new center & try to replace our guard that cut from his team 3 years ago & we fall apart.

What I'd like to know is who is our offensive line coach, who made the decisions on who to keep & who to release. Johnson is horrible! Dalton Freeman actually played center pretty well last year when Mangold was injured. I was surprised when Colon won a starting spot, is any Jet fan surprised he can't stay healthy. I mean the Steelers knew he couldn't stay healthy. 

Honestly, the Oline & the coach should be ashamed of themselves. If I was Bowles I'd just write these numbers on the chalkboard.

23 CARRIES...26 YARDS! Let that sink in. That has got to be the worse rushing numbers EVER based on 23 carries. As any Jet fan knows we're always breaking records in futility at some point. I'm not happy with the way the Oline was constructed or how we only brought Carpenter in. That Ducasse pick really hurt us, nothing like those great offensive lineman at UConn.

WE WON THE GAME. BE HAPPY FOR A BIT

What I'd like to know is who is our offensive line coach, who made the decisions on who to keep & who to release.

Thank goodness we won with the 5 T/Os.   I would have hate to have seen what this board would have looked like. I was at game so I was feeling the futility also.

Happy to get the win, but it took a lot of help from JAX to make it happen.  Towards the end of the game, we couldn't seem to stop their passing game and we never could run the ball.  That's not going to work well later in the season.

I don't care if they have 20 carries for 1 yard. Win the game, all that matters

This is seriously flawed logic.  Rex Ryan like.

Win games... AND improve...AND fix the problems is how it's done.  Do you think Belicheat and his soulless drones will watch film of the Redskins beatdown tomorrow and celebrate?   Or will they nitpick and examine the handful of mistakes to fix them? 

Win games... AND improve...AND fix the problems is how it's done.  Do you think Belicheat and his soulless drones will watch film of the Redskins beatdown tomorrow and celebrate?   Or will they nitpick and examine the handful of mistakes to fix them? 

You're right. They will fix them. TOMORROW. Enjoy the victory at least for today.

If you are not going to enjoy victory, then there is no reason to play in the first place

You're right. They will fix them. TOMORROW. Enjoy the victory at least for today.

If you are not going to enjoy victory, then there is no reason to play in the first place

New England beat Jacksonville 51-17 at home.  The Jets beat an inferior team by the skin of their teeth.  Nothing to celebrate.

Have to say I was thinking about that most of the game. Two injuries and it feels like a complete collapse. I did feel some bitter satifaction to the people who've whined about Mangold the last few years. But honestly, it shouldn't get THAT bad due to a few injuries. Even when one of the guys is an all pro.

It's amazing how large the dropoff from Colon to Winters is.  Ivory is getting hit in the backfield on carry after carry, and with Mangold out it wasn't even close to competitive (the drop off from Mangold to Johnson isn't just huge on its own - it impacts the help they can give Winters).  And Ferguson has played horribly this season.  They are going to get their asses handed to them by Buffalo if the OL doesn't play much, much better

Hard to call it a dumpster fire when I think we either have the least or third least amount of sacks given up in the NFL.

We haven't gotten any push up front but defenses are stacking the box and/or run blitzing.  It doesn't help that Ivory is our only good runner and he's actually overrated.

so who is the all-pro offensive lineman available in free agency on November 9?

I wanted to use a late rd pick on Lael Collins when he was a person of interest in the murder investigation and sign Mike Iupati.  

Maybe be we can send the 49ers a second rd pick for the rights to Anthony Davis.

so who is the all-pro offensive lineman available in free agency on November 9?

I wanted to use a late rd pick on Lael Collins when he was a person of interest in the murder investigation and sign Mike Iupati.  

Maybe be we can send the 49ers a second rd pick for the rights to Anthony Davis.

The players cannot be replaced with upgrades at this time of the year, you're right.  You're much smarter than that  though.

There are other ways.  Find out what these backups can do well and play to their strengths.  IE; more/less pulling? Do they block better moving right or left?   Can they maul the man in front of them or must they "seal" block?  etc. etc., ....  Adjust accordingly.

New England beat Jacksonville 51-17 at home.  The Jets beat an inferior team by the skin of their teeth.  Nothing to celebrate.

Comparing what one team did to a common opponent as a way of proving any point is about as flawed an argument as there is.  

You would have felt better if the Jags didn't score a garbage time TD I guess. 

The Jets were missing Mangold for the majority of the game and Colon was out. That's two backup defensive lineman against a top 5 run defense in the NFL. They couldn't run the football, yes, but they only gave up 1 sack (off the top of my head, could be wrong). This line is FAR from a dumpster fire. Maybe middle of the pack, at worst. When everybody has been healthy this line has been dominant.

Comparing what one team did to a common opponent as a way of proving any point is about as flawed an argument as there is.  

You would have felt better if the Jags didn't score a garbage time TD I guess. 

Point taken.  You definitely win this one.  Nevertheless,  I grow tired of  always being on opposite sides of the fence as you.  It feels like you follow me around to quote anything I say you don't agree with, turns out to be wrong, or partially wrong.  I still believe Pryor's ceiling is Brandon Meriweather, not a compliment.  That won't change until he exceeds that level of play consistently. 

I do not pull punches or give wishy washy opinions.  Even still I am right a helluva lot more than I am wrong... try quoting me then once in awhile.  Otherwise,  find a Cheatriots troll to spar with instead of me. 

Point taken.  You definitely win this one.  Nevertheless,  I grow tired of  always being on opposite sides of the fence as you.  It feels like you follow me around to quote anything I say you don't agree with, turns out to be wrong, or partially wrong.  I still believe Pryor's ceiling is Brandon Meriweather, not a compliment.  That won't change until he exceeds that level of play consistently. 

I do not pull punches or give wishy washy opinions.  Even still I am right a helluva lot more than I am wrong... try quoting me then once in awhile.  Otherwise,  find a Cheatriots troll to spar with instead of me. 

I follow you around?  I post here all the time, much more than you.  So given your post what do yo suggest, that if I disagree, even if you agree with me, I shouldn't respond. should leave it alone.  Seem a little testy about being wrong.  You have a problem,  not me or anyone who posts to you here

Bįtches like to b!tch.

This was a 4 win team last year. We now have 5 wins only 8 games in and that's WITH the decimation of injuries which wasn't as material then as it is now in terms of the team's performance. The original post is petulant and weak. If the Jets could have done better  within the rules you don't think they would have? You want Rome built in a day? Typical whining due to lack of instant gratification in SOMETHING when the BIG PICTURE HERE IS THAT THE TEAM IS ALREADY BETTER THAN IT WAS A YEAR AGO. 

I follow you around?  I post here all the time, much more than you.  So given your post what do yo suggest, that if I disagree, even if you agree with me, I shouldn't respond. should leave it alone.  Seem a little testy about being wrong.  You have a problem,  not me or anyone who posts to you here

Fair enough.  Than I have had more than my fill arguing Calvin Pryor with you.  Neither of us is wrong yet.

Archived