What do we do for a kicker

frankiepapa

Last week it was Quigley the day before the game this week it  was Folk right before kickoff WTF?????

Jets K Nick Folk "felt a little pop" in his quad muscle while practicing a kickoff ahead of Sunday's win over the Jaguars.

The injury occurred roughly an hour before game time. "I couldn't make an extra point," Folk said. "I tried pregame, I just couldn't get any power into it." The Jets were forced to use P Ryan Quigley on extra points, and went for two after their touchdowns. Folk's Week 10 status is uncertain.

Last week it was Quigley the day before the game this week it  was Folk right before kickoff WTF?????

Jets K Nick Folk "felt a little pop" in his quad muscle while practicing a kickoff ahead of Sunday's win over the Jaguars.

The injury occurred roughly an hour before game time. "I couldn't make an extra point," Folk said. "I tried pregame, I just couldn't get any power into it." The Jets were forced to use P Ryan Quigley on extra points, and went for two after their touchdowns. Folk's Week 10 status is uncertain.

we've had two fg kickers and a punter in recent years get significant injuries.  The odds of that are lower than Pauly Shore having a shoebox career comeback.

Oddly, while Quigley was pretty bad kicking XPs, it seems to have helped his punting.  And is Cromartie now our regular KR?  He did pretty well yesterday compared to some of the other crap we've seen.  Special Teams really have been a dog-turd this season. 

Archived