Soliciting in the Parking Lot

Lot K Tailgaters

It's been going on for years but today felt like a LOT more than usual and to be quite honest has become VERY annoying.  Ever group under the sun collecting donations for different causes or donate money for a kids football team.  You can literally go through $30 if you donate or make a purchase from every person walking around and asking you.

Anyone else notice this?

I was asked 4 times today. Gave them the same reply I have given since the Koch years.

No. 

Sadly the daily interaction with panhandlers/homeless/crackheads since childhood has graced me with enough practice in denying funds where it's second nature. No such thing as charity shaming. They do tend to dampen the mood a bit and pause the conversation. 

You can't even get away from it buying food, or in the pharmacy. You standing in line with a queue of people behind you when they ask "would you like to donate a dollar to cancer, or abused children" or god knows what else. You feel like a heel saying no but it's gotten out of hand. I personally don't think you should be asked while your paying for something else or waiting for change. It's like your being shamed for saying no. Most of us give in many other ways.

Where is the security that is always promised by the Jets ? They don't give a sh*t about the fans . I almost had a fight with some vagrant selling hats in the parking lot yesterday . As long as Woody gets our ticket money , he don't care after that . The Jets have never been FAN FRIENDLY with issues like these . All they care about are luxury boxes , high-end-restaurants and god damn pink everything !!!!

Where is the security that is always promised by the Jets ? They don't give a sh*t about the fans . I almost had a fight with some vagrant selling hats in the parking lot yesterday . As long as Woody gets our ticket money , he don't care after that . The Jets have never been FAN FRIENDLY with issues like these . All they care about are luxury boxes , high-end-restaurants and god damn pink everything !!!!

Selling hats is ok by me at least you get something for your money its the can shakers that I dont agree with.  

the security is awful in and out of the stadium and many of the fans are pigs-you want to tailgate and have fun great-how about taking your trash with you that you brought in instead of leaving a massive pile of trash in the parking lot-if I had my way I would drive to your house and throw it all over your yard 

the security is awful in and out of the stadium and many of the fans are pigs-you want to tailgate and have fun great-how about taking your trash with you that you brought in instead of leaving a massive pile of trash in the parking lot-if I had my way I would drive to your house and throw it all over your yard 

Been going on for ages do you think by now they would have seriously addressed the situation or at least clean up while fans are in the game I suggested years ago give out littering tickets with a required court appearance watch how quickly it stops. 

Seeing people toss trash on the ground is disgusting eat a chicken wing toss the bones on the ground,drink a beer lay the bottle down people are slobs. 

Bring a garbage bag use it fill it drop in a dumpster not that difficult. 

Screw you Mr Potato Head ; you probably don't attend the games . There is no security in the parking lots prior to and after games . What the hell are we paying $25.00 for ?

I go to every game. You're  paying to park. If you're not being physically assaulted or having your car broken into, security isn't going to help you. It's not a crime to ask questions simply because you feel awkward saying no. The whining is just hard to bear sometimes. 

You can't even get away from it buying food, or in the pharmacy. You standing in line with a queue of people behind you when they ask "would you like to donate a dollar to cancer, or abused children" or god knows what else. You feel like a heel saying no but it's gotten out of hand. I personally don't think you should be asked while your paying for something else or waiting for change. It's like your being shamed for saying no. Most of us give in many other ways.

agreed.  I won't give to a charity that doesn't give at least 75 percent of its gross to the cause.  lOok at Susan G Komsn. It's bull shlt.  They have more people making 200k than a Fortune 500 co.  Many others as well.  I won't donate without research.  Wounded warriors is under a lot of scrutiny for bull shlt spending. 

Then, I give a lot.  My will directs more than half of my assets to 4 charities. 

I go to every game. You're  paying to park. If you're not being physically assaulted or having your car broken into, security isn't going to help you. It's not a crime to ask questions simply because you feel awkward saying no. The whining is just hard to bear sometimes. 

You shouldn't have to be approached every 5 minutes for a new cause to collect for.  I say no but it gets annoying.  

I see some for 60 now. Since I already spent $25, I'll wait for Thursday.  If I see something drop dramatically I will pick one up.

In my experience it is not a good idea to wait until the last minute on parking passes.

I use ticketexchange, which i feel is the safest way as it is linked to season ticketholder accounts and therefore less likely for someone to pull stupid stuff. The problem is, they guarantee delivery before gametime, they do not guarantee hours before gametime. I had to buy 5 parking passes a few weeks ago. I bought at 8pm the night before. By 5am when I woke up, 2 had not yet come. It was too early to get someone on the phone and I needed to leave in an hour, so I bought 2 more which did come. By the time I got back from the game I saw they had delivered to me an hour and a half before kickoff. They would not refund me because they only promise to deliver before the event starts and it isn't their concern how many hours before the event that I need the tix.

agreed.  I won't give to a charity that doesn't give at least 75 percent of its gross to the cause.  lOok at Susan G Komsn. It's bull shlt.  They have more people making 200k than a Fortune 500 co.  Many others as well.  I won't donate without research.  Wounded warriors is under a lot of scrutiny for bull shlt spending. 

Then, I give a lot.  My will directs more than half of my assets to 4 charities. 

Agreed. When I decided to do a breast cancer charity for the Jets/Redskins game I looked into which was the best and found the Breast Cancer Research Foundation to be the best with 91% of every dollar spent going to research in the field. I also didn't do any direct asks, people that wanted to join the tailgate automatically donated. We raised $1,910, and with a deal the charity had from an anonymous donor, that amount got doubled.

Oh, and since I am mentioning this, anyone who wants to donate to a great cancer charity, please check this out.

You shouldn't have to be approached every 5 minutes for a new cause to collect for.  I say no but it gets annoying.  

Agreed its getting ridiculous . Last game I saw a bus pull up outside the stadium and let off like 30 kids in uniforms with collection cans in tow. These groups aren't even attending the games which makes it even more annoying.  A few games back I asked a woman who was collecting with some young cheerleaders -  where's your game ticket  - she said we don't go into the game, so I said then keep walking. 

Archived