Nick Mangold refuses to accept he likely won’t play Thursday

Jetfan13

Nick Mangold refuses to accept he likely won’t play Thursday

Center Nick Mangold started the game, but could not finish it.

Mangold, who missed last week’s game due to a neck injury, played the first four Jets series before being sidelined for the rest of the game.

“It just didn’t do what I wanted it to do today,” Mangold said,  “and it’s disappointing not being out there with the guys.”

The Jets’ offense struggled without Mangold, rushing for just 29 yards. With just three days to recover before playing the Bills, it seems unlikely Mangold will play Thursday, but he would not rule himself out.

“I can’t live that way. I’m very optimistic,” Mangold said. “Get in there and get back to work and hopefully, things go better.”

Mangold injured his neck at the end of the Patriots game two weeks ago. He sat out against the Raiders, but felt he had worked his way back well enough to play against the Jaguars.

“[It] just didn’t respond the way I would have hoped, the way we would have hoped,” he sai

I'm hoping Mangold wears a big ol neck brace & sucks it up. I can't watch Wesley "how did I make this roster" Johnson again. We have the absolute worse interior Oline backups in the league. Usually teams have the most problems losing tackles.

Wonder if Nicks ever done acupuncture? Might work.

are you sure those are all Brick sacks? I seem to remember Mario playing vs the RT alot. feasting on Austin Howard sounds about right. 

Nope.  No sacks when Howard was here.  Last year, he had 2 on Brick.  I remember them distinctly because Brick never had a chance on those plays.

Archived