Pats lose RB Dion lewis for the season

faba

I think Bolden can do the job.

He is a plodder like the Law Firm but with solid hands.

We will see.

I just cannot get around the Patriots looked at Lewis and Cadet as Vereen replacements.  Granted the cash thrown at them was minimal, but if Bolden and/or White were solutions you wouldn't need Lewis or Cadet.

No big deal. As we saw when they played us, they don't need a running game. Dumpoff passes to Edelman, and Welker before him, is their primary means of "running the ball" anyway. Anything they do from the RB position is supplementary.

The Patriots figured out a long time ago, that with the way the new rules are constructed, a WR in the flat usually has 1 man to beat on his first move, and has the benefit of the rules providing a few yards for the receiver-turned-runner to beat his man. Every advantage goes to the WR. There's no reliance on run blocking, just the occasional pick-play. Far better chances for YAC as a "running game", when compared to running the ball up the middle into a team's front-7. 

That's why their offensive line holds for 2 seconds, and Brady gets the ball out in 2 seconds. Far fewer holding calls when this is your offenses equivalent to a handoff or running play. When they run the ball, the traditional way, it's usually just to get the game over with. 

I think you mean blocks.  ;)

We will see.

I just cannot get around the Patriots looked at Lewis and Cadet as Vereen replacements.  Granted the cash thrown at them was minimal, but if Bolden and/or White were solutions you wouldn't need Lewis or Cadet.

I think you mean blocks.  ;)

Lewis brought something that Bolden and Blount don't have and that the Pats seek in a 3rd down change of pace RB.

Faulk, Woody, Vereen, it could be argued that Lewis could have been the best ever for NE. What moves.

Archived