Rex names IK captain

Rexorcism

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/of-course-bills--rex-ryan-claimed-ik-enemkpali--who-punched-geno-smith-204848301.html

In his homecoming game Thursday night when the Buffalo Bills face the New York Jets, head coach Rex Ryan has named IK Enemkpali as one of his team captains. Enemkpali was cut from the Jets earlier this year for breaking Geno Smith's jaw.

Carolina Panthers v Buffalo Bills

Getty Images

Rex Ryan sees it as company policy. So, for Ryan’s homecoming game Thursday night when the Bills play the Jets, one of his former players with the Jets will be a Bills captain.

IK Enemkpali. The guy who broke the jaw of Jets quarterback Geno Smith in August.

Enemkpali fits Ryan’s policy of making players with ties to the opponent captains for that game.

“I’ll get ripped,” Ryan told reporters Monday. “Whatever. I do this all the time.”

Ryan joked about making himself a captain Thursday night, too. Not that he’d ever make anything about himself.

Enemkpali was waived by the Jets the day he punched Smith and claimed by the Bills the next day. The Bills and Jets play again in the Jan. 3 season finale, so if Enemkpali is still on the team, he’ll be a captain again then, too.

One way to spice up Thursday Night Football? More Rex Ryan.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets cheer him for giving us Fitz!!      In all seriousness though, Rex really just doesn't get it.  He can defend it all he wants but just the fact that you would have to defend the move should tell you enough.  

i think it will hit home when the stadium boos the crap out of him.  maybe the fans can make him cry before kickoff.

his teammates loved him so much no one defended during and after the incident.

Where you in the locker room?  how many guys were in the locker room at the time of the punch? How quickly was the punch thrown to allow for teammates to "defend" him?  You are easily brainwashed by the NY Post and other media outlets looking to generate clicks. 

If Geno was that bad and IK was in the right, why haven't we seen 30 or 40 guys come out and say that IK shouldn't have been cut. Instead we got 1 or 2 "sources" defending IK. 

Where you in the locker room?  how many guys were in the locker room at the time of the punch? How quickly was the punch thrown to allow for teammates to "defend" him?  You are easily brainwashed by the NY Post and other media outlets looking to generate clicks. 

If Geno was that bad and IK was in the right, why haven't we seen 30 or 40 guys come out and say that IK shouldn't have been cut. Instead we got 1 or 2 "sources" defending IK. 

I think the way his teammates failed to defend him AFTER the punch told us even more than not protecting him from the punch and I like geno and wanted him to get another chance but this is reality.

What I expect as a natural reaction by our players at the coin toss is a big hug and thank you for IK. He forced the hand of FATE to NOT START GENO and aleviate the Lamentations of Jets fans who witnessed the QBing horror from 2013-2014. 

You think Bowles will put Geno into the game during garbage time when we're up by 4 scores? A lot of people don't like Geno, but it would be nice to see him drive down the field and score against Rex's incredible defense

I'd like to see geno out there to take the coin flip with IK, start some sh*t right off the bat - jaw for a jaw.

I will cheer for him. IK made the season. 

I'm all amped up for this one. Is this the biggest game in the New MetLife stadium for our jets this late in the season. Week 10?

This hadn't even occurred to me.  That's gonna' be strange as hell if he gets any type of positive response from the fans.  I've heard tons of "thank you IK" stuff ever since it happened.

That would have to be a low point for Geno if there's any audible positive response to IK.

Archived