Rex names IK captain

Rexorcism

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people just love to be offended and go out of there way to look for it.. So you would be appalled if we picked up a player that hit Brady and made him a captain next time we played them?? OK then Mr  Sensitive.. :)

A total scrub who's only known for punching a teammate in the face?  Breaking every rule of the locker?  Yes, I'd be offended if my idiot of a coach did all he could to make us a laughingstock of the league by signing a player like that, a player that no one in the league would have signed.  

And I'd hide under a rock if that same idiot made that scrub a captain.  For many reasons.  Start with the definition of what a captain should stand for and why Rex has named him captain.

As usual the media and the fans are making a big deal out of a non-story.   Rex has always sent ex-players from the team they are playing out as captains .  IK is an ex-Jet.

Marshall, who was smith's friend,and the only one who stood up for him,  had this to say.

Do guys on offense harbor ill-feelings for IK? Marshall: ”Man, that was so long ago, u just reminded me that that happened... (1)

Marshall cont: "We’re just focused on gettin win #6. U’ve gotta understand he was a tmmate of alotta guys in this rm too. Ppl make mistakes"

the players don't care

No, the players wont say a word now.  They'll talk after the game.  They're under new rules.

No, the players wont say a word now.  They'll talk after the game.  They're under new rules.

No, they really don't give a sh*t and most players never did.

Rivalry and anger/hatred is a fan thing, not a player thing (sadly).

For them, it's just business, and they all have as many friends in Bills Blue as friends in Jets Green.

Especially nowadays.  Free Agency killed REAL hatred and rivalries, because last years rival is this years teammate is next years possible new team.

We want them to care because we care.

They, in the vast majority, simply don't.  They care about as much as you care about the schlub in the rival company down the hall you have lunch with every Tuesday, who you also happened to once work with, and went to college with.  You're not "rivals" at all.

I love Rex, the man is having fun.  I hope we kill his team but he's awesome.

I love you as a poster no doubt. For example you are one of the few to give Sanchez any credit for anything but I wonder if you would you be saying this if IK had punched a Jet female secretary in the mouth and broke her jaw because she had borrowed $600????

I don't think so....

You can Love Rex  all you want but there are certain things you don't do like making Hardy a Captain on Dallas or rewarding a player for essentially assaulting his teammate....

For them, it's just business, and they all have as many friends in Bills Blue as friends in Jets Green.

Especially nowadays.  Free Agency killed REAL hatred and rivalries, because last years rival is this years teammate is next years possible new team.

They, in the vast majority, simply don't.  They care about as much as you care about the schlub in the rival company down the hall you have lunch with every Tuesday, who you also happened to once work with, and went to college with.  You're not "rivals" at all.

we shall see.  I like to think that standing up for teammates, standing up to an idiot like Rex still means something.  

we shall see.  I like to think that standing up for teammates, standing up to an idiot like Rex still means something.  

Yeah I don't really buy into the whole player rivalry thing either when you see players going up to Tom Brady and Manning after games asking for an autograph after they got their ass whopped. It's strictly a business for many players. 

I agree with your premise , but Rex is in essence mocking an injury this time , which I think is different .

Nah.

Fitz, Sheldon, and Mo are the only captains we need. It calmly and quietly says enough to Rex and the Bills, while also making a hell of a lot of sense.

While Rex sending IK out there is bombastic and silly, like this:

http://media.makeadare.com/img/423393bc9/image_4f0f6a401d.jpg

Sending out Fitz, Sheldon, and Mo would be more cold, calculated, and dignified, like this:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/3551632/robin-rottingham-duel-o.gif

If we really wanted to slap Rex in the face we could make our entire revamped secondary (the one Idzik refused to give him) captains and send them out for the coin toss.

The hypocrisy of fans is alive and well if a player on the Pats hit Brady and the Jets picked him up and made him a captain the next time we played them Jets fans would be cheering..:rolleyes:

Dear Rex...

I love and miss you. I defend you on the interweb every day with

my black sweater vest on and sometimes I even out on a headset.

I really am working on that southpark fella, he's especially mean to you.

Love Savage69,:P

Yeah I don't really buy into the whole player rivalry thing either when you see players going up to Tom Brady and Manning after games asking for an autograph after they got their ass whopped. It's strictly a business for many players. 

Or when Cromartie, Sherman and others get into it with Brady?  

Said this another thread and I've said it before but as a huge Rex supporter, getting to see it from a far...he's really a boob when it comes to this stuff.  Still think he's a good coach and I do respect that he is who he is and the Jets are going to have their work cut out for them but he's a frigging boob when it comes to this stuff.  Just no need to do this. I know its his thing but still, I actually think the gesture would have more impact this time around by not naming him the Captain. 

Said this another thread and I've said it before but as a huge Rex supporter, getting to see it from a far...he's really a boob when it comes to this stuff.  Still think he's a good coach and I do respect that he is who he is and the Jets are going to have their work cut out for them but he's a frigging boob when it comes to this stuff.  Just no need to do this. I know its his thing but still, I actually think the gesture would have more impact this time around by not naming him the Captain. 

Rex being Rex.

The hypocrisy of fans is alive and well if a player on the Pats hit Brady and the Jets picked him up and made him a captain the next time we played them Jets fans would be cheering..:rolleyes:

rex did this every game when he was the jets coach.  he would pick up some scrub player from the team cut and put him as a captain.  i know it's slightly different because IK was released for an off the field issue.  but a few weeks ago rex had Incognito as a captain for the dolphins game.  this is not new with rex.

rex did this every game when he was the jets coach.  he would pick up some scrub player from the team cut and put him as a captain.  i know it's slightly different because IK was released for an off the field issue.  but a few weeks ago rex had Incognito as a captain for the dolphins game.  this is not new with rex.

yes, but there might be a time when a classy person would avoid an awkward and offensive situation, right?  oh wait, we are talking about Rex.  Never mind.

As usual the media and the fans are making a big deal out of a non-story.   Rex has always sent ex-players from the team they are playing out as captains .  IK is an ex-Jet.

Marshall, who was smith's friend,and the only one who stood up for him,  had this to say.

Do guys on offense harbor ill-feelings for IK? Marshall: ”Man, that was so long ago, u just reminded me that that happened... (1)

Marshall cont: "We’re just focused on gettin win #6. U’ve gotta understand he was a tmmate of alotta guys in this rm too. Ppl make mistakes"

the players don't care

I agree, This isn't about the players.   It won't affect the outcome of the game, but to me it's disrespectful to the fan and disrespectful to the NFL in general. It's simply about Rex being a classless child.  

IK is a man that punched another man in the face and broke his jaw.  Any adult would understand the right thing to do.  

Some people just love to be offended and go out of there way to look for it.. So you would be appalled if we picked up a player that hit Brady and made him a captain next time we played them?? OK then Mr  Sensitive.. :)

If this happened, I would be very concerned about the HC that pulled this. I wont even say Bowles, because there is no way he would do it, just not his style. This is not about being sensitive.

yes, he took cut players from the opponent and made them the captain often.  

yeah, I remember that very clearly, thought it was silly. But I am specifically talking about him taking a player cut for knocking out, heck even fighting with, a player on that team, and making them a captain when we played that team.

Pretty much everyone said it was stupid and wrong and shouldnt have happened and could have been avoided.  Thats about as hard a non defense as there was.  Not the picture youre trying to paint.  Youre trying to make a case that the players turned their backs on Geno.

and yet no one would back Geno.

These are my feelings exactly...

Can we think a person is a good person and good coach and yet still makes poor choices?

Yes we can and this is what Rex does, poor choices.

I love you as a poster no doubt. For example you are one of the few to give Sanchez any credit for anything but I wonder if you would you be saying this if IK had punched a Jet female secretary in the mouth and broke her jaw because she had borrowed $600????

I don't think so....

You can Love Rex  all you want but there are certain things you don't do like making Hardy a Captain on Dallas or rewarding a player for essentially assaulting his teammate....

Thank you for the beginning of the post:D

but I don't think you can compare 2 grown men, professional football players fighting to punching a female secretary.  if he did that he'd be out of the league.

The punch happened, Ik lost his job here and was picked up somewhere else.  they can't make decisions going forward on what happened w/ the punch.  it's over.

These are my feelings exactly...

Can we think a person is a good person and good coach and yet still makes poor choices?

Yes we can and this is what Rex does, poor choices.

Poor choices make you a bad coach.  Rex has made poor decisions at every turn and continues to do so in Buffalo. 

I believe that Brandon Marshall did, but that is besides the point.

If IK did what he did to Geno on the street, he would be charged with assault.

they weren't on the streets, if half the stuff football players did happened on the streets they'd be arrested for it.

Archived