Jets vs. Bills predictions

AFJF

Rex has pretty much shut down Fitz each time he's faced him, hopefully that continues. I expect a low scoring game. I really don't know who is gonna win, I'm truly 50-50. The only way I'd be surprised is if someone wins in a lopsided fashion. 

my bro in law and nephew went to the bills game, they are life long bills fans.  they picked a great game ! 

the jets are not healthy and the coaches are not adjusting to what teams are doing to them.  they ran ivory into run blitzes all day sunday.  the jets have 1 healthy safety.  I don't like how this game is shaping up for the jets, not at all

Think the Jets find a way to win this game.  People forget Jets have been scoring points at a decent rate.   Last week 4 trips into the Red Zone, 4TD's.  Needed it.  No FG kicker.  I was impressed.

Jets 24

Bills 20

Revis locks down Watson, Fitz finds a way to get it done.

I kind of felt the same way, but then I remembered the Bills crushed us twice with Rex as our HC last year. A Bills win would be more about our injured Oline, and a talented Bills team, than about Rex. 

You just identified the key difference in this game

Last season for those two ass whuppings, the Jets had Rex as their head coach

This season the shoe is on the other foot fetish

Not to mention the Geno the pick machine factor who will not be on the field.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Currently, I have no feel for this game. 

Thurs. night games havent been kind to road teams but the Bills have the type of team you can bring on the road in a short week.  They run the ball really well and they have a solid D with a coach who knows how to get his players up.  The Bills average 4.8 per clip, they have the most rushing TD's and have the 3rd most rushing yards.  They also, stop the run really well which we've seen in back to back weeks, really effects the Jets offense. 

If we are missing Mangold, Colon and Pryor, I dont see them winning this game.  Those 3 are crucial.  Pryor's in the box ability is key to have vs. a power running team with a mobile QB.  And that DL vs. 2 back-ups scares the sh*t out of me.  Dareus might have a career day if Mangold cant go.  Rex historically owns Fitz.  He's the type of coach who knows how to scheme to force him into throws he's not exactly equipped to make - outside the hash marks.  

If those 3 play, I like the Jets chances of shutting down the run and forcing them to be a passing team.  I also like their chances of holding off the DL to give Fitz enough time to find the open man.

This is a game I'm very curious to see what Gailey does from a play call perspective.  If insists on meaningless runs and doesnt see that Bills can be thrown on (giving up 15 TD's in the air this season), I might lose my F'ing mind.  This should be a spread them wide and sling it all over the field type of game plan but that's not what Gailey does.  That, makes me nervous. I think he'll play right into their hands because he's shown no ability to scheme week to week based on their opponents weaknesses.

If you're asking me today - Bills 24 - Jets 17.  If we come to find out we're healthier than expected, I'll come back and change that prediction as a I think a healthy Jets team gives them some problems. 

What worries me most is our D getting of the field on 3rd downs. We've struggled lately on that, and Taylor is far more mobile than the QBs we've faced lately. Who do we use to spy on Taylor? We have to limit his running ability, make him try to beat us through the air.

That is where the lack of safeties will hurt.  They basically have nobody.  Converted CB, Gilchrist and Rontez Miles who took some bad angles Sunday.  Dion Bailey might not even play.  He has looked okay, but he is a waiver wire pickup.  Not really the ideal guys for shadowing Tyrod Taylor or covering Clay..

The whole injury "crisis" is vastly overblown. It's week 10 of the 17 week NFL season

All 32 teams have injuries as bad and in many cases worse than the Jets do

Same as every season

While true, sometimes the match ups can exploit those injuries more than other times. Our best Olineman being out against a great Dline hurts bad.

The whole injury "crisis" is vastly overblown. It's week 10 of the 17 week NFL season

All 32 teams have injuries as bad and in many cases worse than the Jets do

Same as every season

How is it vastly overblown?  Injuries can kill seasons for teams.  It's not like the Jets are trotting out a HOF QB that can make up for a lot of wholes like the Pats. When you're rolling out Ryan Fitzpatrick, you want to be as healthy as possible and everything to be in order.  Especially on the OL when you're back-ups are terrible. 

And then on D, do you think there is any coincidence that when the Jets lost their starting safety, they started having coverage issue on the back end because they're starting a street FA? 

I get that its the NFL and all teams are banged up at this point...but not all injuries are created equal.  

It's with much regret that I basically would have to go with the Bills to win on Thursday. I hope, as usual I'm wrong. But I think with Tyrod Taylor their offense clicks better and he has the big run option which I think confuses the Jets D. Their defense is overall better than ours. The Jets pass rush has been inconsistent even though there were some sacks on Sunday. The Qb situation is up in the air because of injuries. Fitz who has been our best Qb since Chad has played well. If me I would suit up 3 Qbs on Thursday. On Sunday Fitz who has been successful running the ball had 4 carries for 0 yards. To win this he has to get yards with his legs, too.With Geno he runs backwards and loses yards. We also will have to bring in a new PK. The Bills are +2.5. That's a good bet. I'd take it but I'd never bet against our team. Bills 25 Jets 21.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/11/jets_buffalo_bills_injuries_calvin_pryor.html#incart_river

SS Dion Bailey: He took Pryor's starting spot against the Jaguars ... and promptly sustained a high ankle sprain of his own. The Jets are decimated at safety. It looks like they won't have Pryor or Bailey on Thursday. Backups Antonio Allen and Jaiquawn Jarrett are already out for the season. On Thursday, Bowles will have to start either Rontez Miles (a recent practice squad call-up) at safety, or go with a backup cornerback, like Marcus Williams or Darrin Walls. The Jets also have safety Ronald Martin on the practice squad. 

... can't bring myself to predict against the Jets so suffice it to say I'm worried.

surprised at all those picking the Bills..  I heard Rex was the worst coach ever.

Jets 24

Bills 17

He definitely is among the worst when going up against a veteran coach.  Coughlin, Belichick, and Marvin Lewis own Rex.  Own him.

But when going up against a rookie coach, and that team has an injured/banged up starting QB, starting RB, 2 starting WR's, 2 starting OL, 2 safeties and a kicker....he's got a prayer.  That doesn't make him a good coach. 

I still say we win this one, however. 

This game should be determined by penalties and turnovers. Something Rex's teams are famous for. If our secondary is going to consistently give up big pass plays it'll be a long day. As for the running game will Rex be as smart as other coaches have and key on Ivory.  Isn't McCoy questionable for Thursday. His absence would be a big plus for the Jets.

Archived