Tyrod Taylor

AzogtheDefiler

Taylor only runs if he has to, and is very good about sliding or going out of bounds. He really hasn't taken too many hits. He hasn't thrown a ton in his 6 starts because we have generally run the ball pretty well, and haven't needed to, besides the Titans game where Boom Herron/Boobie Dixon were our tops backs. He throws a nice ball. I just hope he stays healthy, he's been a pleasant surprise. 

That may be the case, but he's over 71% in the NFL this season.

But the sample size is very small. Kaepernick was lauded as the next best thing and look at him now. Benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert. RGIII was awesome too early on in his career and quickly fizzled. Lastly, Matt Cassel was fantastic for NE early on too and now is a journeyman. 

But the sample size is very small. Kaepernick was lauded as the next best thing and look at him now. Benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert. RGIII was awesome too early on in his career and quickly fizzled. Lastly, Matt Cassel was fantastic for NE early on too and now is a journeyman. 

Right, but none of that has anything to do with Tyrod Taylor.  Every position in every sport has a million guys who started out well and went on to be some of the best ever, and some failed.  It happens.

Taylor had some time to sit and learn behind a SB QB and a very highly regarded OC.  College was a long time ago for him and he's throwing the ball well from the pocket.

Win or lose, I think Tyrod Taylor IS a good find and I would say he's better than Fitzpatrick just for the fact that he's completing 72% of his passes while implementing the deep pass in his game. 

Dude is kinda beasting out in Buffalo. He's not putting up crazy numbers, but he's getting that offense moving. With those young targets along with that rookie Karlos Williams...that offense is kinda crazy. 

The Bills are 4-2 when Taylor starts and the Bills have scored 27 or more points in 4 of those 6 games. 

I love folks who say this guy is a fraud.. Has anybody watched him play?

The guy is very good and if he stays healthy and continues to develop they have themselves their franchise QB......

No question overall he is better than Fitz and Fitz has been good for the Jets this year...

Bills fans are farrrr more likable than Miami or New England fans.  In fact, I had no reason to dislike the Bills at all until Rex arrived.  Further proof that Rex ruins everything.

I feel the same way.

What's worse Kap being replaced by Gabbert or the Falcons losing to Gabbert??  

I love folks who say this guy is a fraud.. Has anybody watched him play?

The guy is very good and if he stays healthy and continues to develop they have themselves their franchise QB......

No question overall he is better than Fitz and Fitz has been good for the Jets this year...

Well he's completing 71% of his passes that's not too shabby.. 

6 games of game tap, guys like him get figured out.  If he can only throw 12 passes a game or whatever he will look great.

Don't let him run on 3rd down, take away the deep pass.  This will be another guy along the way that is going to have to beat you with 10-15 yard passes, we'll see if he can do it.

Just like RG3, Vick and soon to be Manziel, any small, scrambling qb will meet its end with injuries. It really is only a matter of time. I have no doubt he will slice through our d with ease and have us all screaming at the tv this thursday.

Agreed on both points.  Except if point 1 meets point 2...which is certainly possible.

6 games of game tap, guys like him get figured out.  If he can only throw 12 passes a game or whatever he will look great.

Don't let him run on 3rd down, take away the deep pass.  This will be another guy along the way that is going to have to beat you with 10-15 yard passes, we'll see if he can do it.

He's very similar to Vick.  He's not going to make a lot of reads or kill you with intermediate throws.  

But the Bills have done a good job with him.  10 TDs/4 INT, 72% completion percentage, and an 8.58 average out of Tyrod ******* Taylor?  The Bills are getting everything out of this guy.

He's very similar to Vick.  He's not going to make a lot of reads or kill you with intermediate throws.  

But the Bills have done a good job with him.  10 TDs/4 INT, 72% completion percentage, and an 8.58 average out of Tyrod ******* Taylor?  The Bills are getting everything out of this guy.

Yup and when the 'unknown' part wears off and teams actively game plan for him and that offense and force him to do something else we'll see how he does.  As long as that team has a very solid defense and good running game he'll look okay for now.

Taylor only runs if he has to, and is very good about sliding or going out of bounds. He really hasn't taken too many hits. He hasn't thrown a ton in his 6 starts because we have generally run the ball pretty well, and haven't needed to, besides the Titans game where Boom Herron/Boobie Dixon were our tops backs. He throws a nice ball. I just hope he stays healthy, he's been a pleasant surprise. 

SweetLee83 -  Tyrod is so committed to his career too.  I loved it when I heard that he dresses in suits because that's the way a professional should dress.  You can just tell that he's made it his whole life (well almost) to be the best he can be.  Really proud of the kid.  

the guy is amazing, the next Vick. But yes, guys like that often get hurt, not that I'm hoping he does. Wish we had a guy like that.

Initially,  I had a real concern about Tyrod getting hurt.  However,  I've been watching and he does know when to fall instead of getting hit.  

Archived