Jets Sign Kicker Randy Bullock

JetNation

By Glenn Naughton   Adam Schefter is reporting that the New York Jets have signed former Houston Texans kicker Randy Bullock. Jets are signing former Texans kicker Randy Bullock to replace Nick Folk and kick in Thursday night's game vs. Buffalo, per sources. — Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 10, 2015 Bullock was a 5th round […]

Click here to read the full story...

The kicker carousel rarely results in a great option off the scrap heap.  Folk had missed some big kicks for Dallas before he arrived too.  There was also the concern that a dome kicker couldn't come to a cold, outdoor stadium and have success. 

Also, that none of his kicks ever counted, because they were in a dome.

The kicker carousel rarely results in a great option off the scrap heap.  Folk had missed some big kicks for Dallas before he arrived too.  There was also the concern that a dome kicker couldn't come to a cold, outdoor stadium and have success. 

He was kicking hurt that year, and then I think it messed with his head.  He has been excellent for us, and that's a big miss not having him.

He was kicking hurt that year, and then I think it messed with his head.  He has been excellent for us, and that's a big miss not having him.

Definitely, and not saying Bullock will work out here based on Folk's performances for us.  Just that it's hard to ever get excited about a kicker pickup.  Hopefully he surprises us in the positive direction.

Jets place Nick Folk on IR

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Damn, I didn't want them to do that.

4 weeks from now is the Giants game.  And then the Titans.  And then the Patriots.  And then the Bills.  No roster spot can be as important as losing the most dependable kicker we've ever had.  Must be something more wrong than a strain.

SAR I

The upside is maybe we go for it on more fourth downs... At least it'll be exciting.

I was thinking the same thing. Having a kicker with a ? Keeps the offense focused on TDs. I have always thought since Rex we relied too much on Folk & FGs and a lot of offensive conservatism came out of it.

Definitely, and not saying Bullock will work out here based on Folk's performances for us.  Just that it's hard to ever get excited about a kicker pickup.  Hopefully he surprises us in the positive direction.

It's a loss.  I'm hoping for the best.   A decent kicker is really under rated.  Making the kicks is one of the easiest ways to add points and improve the offense

Archived