Willie Colon to the IR, Season Done

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a big Aboushi guy but why did we cut him?  Was he really that bad in TC?  He is not worse than Brian Winters.

They had him working with the 3's from day one.  They clearly didn't think much of him, and he's still a FA so apparently nobody thought much of him.

I'm not a big Aboushi guy but why did we cut him?  Was he really that bad in TC?  He is not worse than Brian Winters.

I hear this often, but they were in 3 camp battles with 2 different staffs.  He lost out to Winters all three camps.  In June they thought he was the frontrunner, but Mehta described him as being "crushed" in the guard competition.  He also had the suspension for substance abuse.

Yeah, he was.

Agreed

They had him working with the 3's from day one.  They clearly didn't think much of him, and he's still a FA so apparently nobody thought much of him.

Not true.  The Texans picked him up on waivers and he has played in 6 games.  Presumably on specials. FWIW, Devlin is the line coach there now.

I hear this often, but they were in 3 camp battles with 2 different staffs.  He lost out to Winters all three camps.  In June they thought he was the frontrunner, but Mehta described him as being "crushed" in the guard competition.  He also had the suspension for substance abuse.

Agreed

Not true.  The Texans picked him up on waivers and he has played in 6 games.  Presumably on specials. FWIW, Devlin is the line coach there now.

Really?  I literally googled him two days ago and it said "currently an NFL free agent"...I don't usually glance at Wikipedia, but they even got that wrong?  Sheesh.

Edit: Nope, Wikipedia had it right...must have been looking at a different player.

I got it from rotoworld.  Neither is exactly an ironclad source.  AFAIK he was picked up as soon as we cut him.  Never hit the street.

Yep..just looked it up again and he supposedly started and played well against TB.

Archived