Keys To The Game

KRL

Extremely tough game and it would show me a lot if we win tomorrow.
It's a short week, we're banged up and we've lost a starting K, G
and S:

Offense

- Re-establish the running game.  There's no way we can survive
being "one-handed" 

- Incorporate Winters into the OLine and hope we get his MIA performance

- As we all know Ryan's defenses have always struggled in the middle and
with uptempo.  Let's try to exploit that with some no huddle and screens
to our WR & RB.  I would also like to include TE but I can't count on
Cumberland 

- Fitzpatrick needs to continue to get the ball out quickly

- In addition to feeding Marshall & Decker we need to attack BUF middle
with crossing patterns to Kerley, Thompkins & Smith 

- Be disciplined BUF will commit "hot head" penalties

Defense

- Stop the run.  If we don't, Taylor will be comfortable and only throw 
10-15 times limiting his chances to make mistakes

- Watch the designed QB runs

- Revis will cover Watkins, but the rest of the secondary must tighten up
their play.  Taylor likes to take deep shots down the field must be aware
of that

- BUF OLine can be shaky but we must rush Taylor in a controlled fashion.
If we leave gaps in our pressure Taylor will get out

Specials

- Bullock must give us a reliable performance in the 35-40 yard range

and S:

Offense

being "one-handed" 

Cumberland 

Defense

of that

Specials

Thompkins and Kerley. 

Rex's blitzes are very beatable, as we learned first-hand, and the key is spreading his defense out, making quick throws, and attacking his bottom-end corners. This isn't to imply that Marshall and Decker won't need to be huge for us, as they have been every week, but if we're to beat Rex's defense ... then forcing them to try and stop #3 and #4 WRs is historically his achilles. He also cannot ever stop a TE, but we don't have one that can take over a game. 

Brady and Carr were able to get the ball out quickly and had excellent receiving options on the other end of those throws. The Bills aren't built the same way on offense. Their passing game is much more reliant upon deep drops and deeper throws. A little more like Jacksonville. This means their QB will give our DL more time to penetrate and disrupt. The key is, our defense will have to seize the opportunity. No more playing patty-cake with scrub OLs and letting those passes get fired off. Get the QB off his spot, contain him, and force him to make bad decisions, or kill the play before a pass is made. The secondary will have to cover longer against an offense like this, so it's up to our DL and pass rush to force mistakes. 

They're probably going to move the ball well, and I look for Charles Clay to have a big game attacking the injured part of our defense. I would not be surprised in the least bit to see Rex try and prove a point (serving his little ego) and running the ball against our DL. Which would play right into helping hide where we are weak right now. 

I think that if Mangold is back, that our offense should be able to pace with them. I also think that there is a locker room full of green and white that isn't going to stand for this buffoon to come back here and piss on their carpet.

tumblr_mr9cjmFFqe1rlk7mho1_500.gif

Folk is done for the year. Mangold is playing, Prior is out. 

WTF Folks done for the year?! Wow that sucks.....everyone has been hurt this season, from both QBS down to both the kicker and punter.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Thompkins and Kerley. 

Rex's blitzes are very beatable, as we learned first-hand, and the key is spreading his defense out, making quick throws, and attacking his bottom-end corners. This isn't to imply that Marshall and Decker won't need to be huge for us, as they have been every week, but if we're to beat Rex's defense ... then forcing them to try and stop #3 and #4 WRs is historically his achilles. He also cannot ever stop a TE, but we don't have one that can take over a game. 

Brady and Carr were able to get the ball out quickly and had excellent receiving options on the other end of those throws. The Bills aren't built the same way on offense. Their passing game is much more reliant upon deep drops and deeper throws. A little more like Jacksonville. This means their QB will give our DL more time to penetrate and disrupt. The key is, our defense will have to seize the opportunity. No more playing patty-cake with scrub OLs and letting those passes get fired off. Get the QB off his spot, contain him, and force him to make bad decisions, or kill the play before a pass is made. The secondary will have to cover longer against an offense like this, so it's up to our DL and pass rush to force mistakes. 

They're probably going to move the ball well, and I look for Charles Clay to have a big game attacking the injured part of our defense. I would not be surprised in the least bit to see Rex try and prove a point (serving his little ego) and running the ball against our DL. Which would play right into helping hide where we are weak right now. 

I think that if Mangold is back, that our offense should be able to pace with them. I also think that there is a locker room full of green and white that isn't going to stand for this buffoon to come back here and piss on their carpet.

tumblr_mr9cjmFFqe1rlk7mho1_500.gif

especially that carpet , it really tied the room together.

and S:

Offense

being "one-handed" 

Cumberland 

Defense

of that

Specials

Really are not going to run much on Buffalo.  They are not going to run much on us.  It will be a test of passing games and turnovers.  And once again, Rex teams have problems getting turnovers

Really are not going to run much on Buffalo.  They are not going to run much on us.  It will be a test of passing games and turnovers.  And once again, Rex teams have problems getting turnovers

We have to have some sense of a running game to win. Kyle Williams is their running game brute & he's out, other than Darius this D front are not great at stopping the run. You run right at Williams & you run right at Hughes, that's how you get them out of their pass rushing stances & get then playing higher to fight off blocks. We need the old Ivory not last 3 weeks Ivory. Be nice to have a healthy Ridley to take some pressure off of him. 

Like someone else already stated, Thompkins & Kerley should be open after letting Decker eat (not one team has stopped Decker when Marshall is in there).

The biggest key here for the Jets is that they are playing at home and the Bills are traveling, though not very far, it still effects preparation which we all know isnt exactly Rex's strength. Thursday night games havent been kind to road teams when the teams are evenly matched like this game.  

The biggest key here for the Bills is that they're getting healthy while the Jets are all sorts of banged up.  They also have their starting QB back which clearly gave them some momentum last week because he is flat out balling. 

How do the Jets win?  On D - Some how, some way they have to stop the run game and force the Bills to throw.  Both of the Bills losses with Taylor at QB came with him attempting more than 30 passes in the game.  They have to get him off his game.  He's completing the ball at a 71% a clip.  That's insane.  He also takes care of the ball with a 10-4 INT to TD.  The Jets have to jam their WR's , get them off their routes and force Taylor into throws he's not capable of making or hasnt had to yet in his career.  He can move and can pick up first downs/extend plays with his feet.  So the Jets have to be strong up front and not let anyone get behind them in the secondary.

On O - they have to establish a running game.  You cant constantly rely on Ryan Fitzpatrick to carry your offense.  He's not that type of a QB and eventually, he's going to fold. We've seen how hacky the offense is without the run game.  They need it to come alive in the worst way possible this game.  Unfortunately, that wont be easy as the Jets face, for the 4th week in a row, one of the better run D's in the league.  But that cant be an excuse.  Gailey needs to show the Bills a different look.  Spread them wide (something the Bills have struggled defending vs the Pats, Giants, Jags, Bengals) and make them cover the whole field.  Not exactly the perfect recipe for Fitz but I think if you can hit a few quick passes, get some positive yardage, then Gailey can get a little more creative in the run game and hopefully open up some lanes for Ivory.

If the Jets fail to establish the run game.  Then I expect a Decker and Kerley to go off working the middle of the field.  Rex loves to use the sidelines as an extra defender and will definitely roll coverage to Marshall.  But he's always been vulnerable up the middle, which is also where he likes to send the blitz.  They'll also need to find some pass extensions of the run ie; screens, Ivory in the flats, quick slants, etc. 

Ultimately the Jets want to avoid 2 things; making this come down to special teams and allowing the Bills to dictate the pace of the game.

On Defense the key is stop the run and keep Taylor in the pocket and don't let the play break down.  Force him to be a pocket QB and make quicker decisions without receivers getting to the next level in time before he has to throw.  If Taylor has to make quick short decisions he does not have the ability to see or know what the play is on defense yet.  You can force turnovers in zone if he is throwing the ball quickly.  If the play develops and breaks down, he can kill you with his legs and he can kill you deep.  Taylor is very much like a you Russell Wilson, he's not going to beat you with acumen just yet (he may get there as he matures).  He's going to beat you athletically and forcing the game to streetball style.  Keep him in the pocket and force his hand early.  Remember, he was 11 for 12, but he also ran like 10 times so he actually dropped back 22 times.  You can't let him run those 10 times, the more he throws the better our chances to get a big play defensively. 

On offense the key is to move at a quick pace while keeping the clock moving.  Hit them over the head with Decker, Kerley and Thompkins until they finally commit to stopping it, then bring out the whooping stick with Marshall.  I think the gameplan here should be very "New England" like.  Shallow crosses, "legal" picks, delayed handoffs that punish the blitz, and then target Marshall when he gets the 1x1 situations.  We want their defense on the field for 40 minutes of this game. 

It doesn't matter to me if you don't win any other games this season, but please go out there and beat Rex tonight. Although Rex beating you in theory helps the Patriots (not that they need any help), I would rather see Rex go down than any benefit NE would get out of a Bills win. The guy really is retarded (sorry to use the word, but it best describes what he is) and I have no idea why teams keep on hiring this fool.

So tonight we stand together! Rex must go!

It doesn't matter to me if you don't win any other games this season, but please go out there and beat Rex tonight. Although Rex beating you in theory helps the Patriots (not that they need any help), I would rather see Rex go down than any benefit NE would get out of a Bills win. The guy really is retarded (sorry to use the word, but it best describes what he is) and I have no idea why teams keep on hiring this fool.

So tonight we stand together! Rex must go!

I hate you people. Last weekend my buddy actually booked his flight home for the AFC championship game because "tickets are cheaper now". Hope the overconfidence comes back to haunt you all.

Rolling me eyes. That one is really not funny. I know why you wouldn't like to say "we," as you would be associated with the Jets. But Patriots fans are perfectly happy to say "we" because understand how great a team that is, and it makes going for 19-0 that much sweeter! So in the future, go yell at the Jets fans who say "we" and tell them to stop making themselves look so bad.

To a man, every single Boston fan blow hard actually thinks they had something to do with their teams success.  You're no different.

Now GFY.

On offense quick throws in space. Negate their defensive line and Rex's blitzes. Up tempo. Not sure I agree about wasting much time establishing the run. IMO, Ivory getting stuffed on first down is a terrible way to start the game. Look at what the Pats did vs. us or the Bills -- pass, pass, pass. Yes I know Fitz isn't Brady -- but that's how you match up against this team. Get them on their heels sideline to sideline, then hit them with Ivory.

Defensively I agree, it's very simple. Stop the run, put Revis on Watkins. Make Tyrod beat you elsewhere.

Archived