What the hell happened to our defense?

I'm Just a Dude

Ignorance runs rampant in his part of the country.  The whole Belicheat era is shame and every single person who doesnt root for the Cheatriots knows it. 

Agreed. I have the opportunity to meet literally hundreds of people a year and talk with them. Almost every other team's fan I've spoken to feel the exact same way. That the Pats have at minimum tainted the entire game. It's a shame just how rampant it is and how the NFL lets them get away with it. 

It's sad actually. Then we have some blowhard coming on here to say how great they are. Just the worst. 

Injuries in the secondary have taken a toll. Also our OLB are still slow, although if Mauldin gets more playing time, that will change. Our DL is neutralized by the quick passes in the flat by Brady and Carr. Last week we got pressure but Bortles was able to escape some jams. Taylor may have the chance to do the same

Agreed.

The Pats bend-don't-break defense typically fairs well in regular season games. It's the playoffs where it catches up to them.

Really doesn't matter if it is the regular season or playoffs.

Bend-don't break defenses will always work if you hold teams to FG's, create turnovers or take over on downs in the Red Zone.

Obviously, offensive teams in the playoffs usually have a better Red Zone performance than teams during the regular season.

I know, I know, the 40 isn't the NFL, but Mauldin is literally the slowest timed LB on the team.  He has a motor and good feet, but he is NOT fast.  It is probably why a guy with his production lasted into the 3rd.  RBs will leave him for dead.

Maybe not measured but the eye test shows differently, at least for me.

Archived