### Jets \ Bills --- The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

THIS!!! how stupid could any coach be not to do this! do they think they have brady behind center?! u have a great rb who was on fire. YOU RUN THE GOD DAMN BALL AND GET THE FIRST DOWN THEN THE TD. This drive infuriated me. 

especially considering they got 8 on the first run play....

I swear it feels like Pete Carrol...you would think these guys would learn from idiocy.

Kellen Davis does have a touchdown catch this year. And it looked like a broken play, not sure Davis was the guy they originally targeted. Decker seemed to be blocked off the play and not where he was supposed to be. As for Marshall not sure about his injury but the guy in my opinion is not consistent enough to be considered an impact player. He often does my make the big play.

Edited by Rangers9

THIS!!! how stupid could any coach be not to do this! do they think they have brady behind center?! u have a great rb who was on fire. YOU RUN THE GOD DAMN BALL AND GET THE FIRST DOWN THEN THE TD. This drive infuriated me. 

To be fair when he ran it on second down on that last drive if Ivory followed the gap assignment they would have been fine but because he made that great play on first down by popping it outside he got cute and tried to do it again ...and it was a horrible mistake, lost a yard and the momentum. 

You really watched the Bills tonight and thought that was a well-coached team?

lol, no it was quite clear these two coaches were putting on a clinic in ineptitude... but brace yourself, we're going to see a lot of effort put into the "Rex came home and outcoached Bowles" narrative.

The Bills won because of a remarkable individual effort by Baccari Rambo, and because Brandon Marshall goes Santonio on passes he can't haul in, and Ivory and Devin didn't protect the ball. Simple enough. Without the turnovers and the deficit they created, there are no 4th down coaching decisions to be made. We stop a mudhole in them if we don't put the ball on the ground. 

• Upvote 1

I feel terrible right now. The only people that feel worse than me are those who foolishly believe that Rex is a bad coach.

That may be, but I choose to believe that this is because you are a Sith-bot. Perhaps human at some point, but whatever dark, artificial intelligence commandeered your brain long ago is clearly incapable of feeling emotion.

• Upvote 1

To be fair when he ran it on second down on that last drive if Ivory followed the gap assignment they would have been fine but because he made that great play on first down by popping it outside he got cute and tried to do it again ...and it was a horrible mistake, lost a yard and the momentum. 

That's why you have 4 downs...you don't have to get the 1st on 2nd and 2....You run it two more times...

I'm fairly confident that Rex isn't a good head coach but that Bowles might be just as bad worries me. 

tbh I wouldn't read too much into this game.  I think Bowles has been ok so far.  I didn't like the offensive playcalling tonight.  I think Geno should start next game btw.

So you want this franchise to have no stability

You're kind of freaking out today for some reason.  Just because people are lacking confidence in Bowles doesn't mean he's getting run out of town.  So people have been overstating how "bad" Rex is..  so what.  He's not getting re-hired.  **** him and the Bills.

if you want to blame Bowles for the calls that's fine. Going for it...especially on the last possession was the right move. The calls were horrible.

The last possession it's certainly debatable, but not a slam dunk decision after stopping them 3 and out 4x in a row. But the last possession is still on him because we didn't get into the end zone. The one before that was just moronic.

We literally could not have scripted a more perfect beginning to that last drive. Got them to go 3 & out again, and then they botch the punt snap? And we come away with no points -- are you kidding me?

• Upvote 2

That's why you have 4 downs...you don't have to get the 1st on 2nd and 2....You run it two more times...

Yeah...I hate playing armchair but whatever happened to play action? But bottom line they couldn't outwit Rex. Guessing game or not they didn't get it done. 

And Kellen Davis needs to be cut pronto.  

Edited by HessStation

best player on the field was shady, he saved them tonight

can't give up a TD on a KOR, thats a rare gift.  I can't remember the last time I saw that

WR's had key drops, fitz either missed guys or picked the wrong guy, the passing offense was awful

ivory was the hot hand after his fumble, gailey had to go to him after the botched punt

smith, ridley, kerley, cumby, somebody has to step up and help out the 3 amigos. 

did coples play ?

The last possession it's certainly debatable, but not a slam dunk decision after stopping them 3 and out 4x in a row. But the last possession is still on him because we didn't get into the end zone.

We literally could not have scripted a more perfect beginning to that last drive. Got them to go 3 & out again, and then they botch the punt snap? And we come away with no points -- are you kidding me?

I would have kicked the fg there but really we probably lose anyway.

face it guys Rex is the best coach we ever had.  We dumped Jessica Alba for America Ferrara

Rex is basically WWE heel. He trolled us with with Ik as captain and wouldn't come out till 5 minutes before the game for his boo's. The Bills where just as poorly coached 

Edited by SayNoToDMC

What's most frustrating is Rex Ryan tried to do his Rexy best to give this game away....Classic Rex style...

Get a lead - go into a shell on offense, waste all of your timeouts and have the entire defensive breakdown in the 4th quarter.

The Jets...well, are the Jets - no other way to describe it

Edited by FidelioJet

The last possession it's certainly debatable, but not a slam dunk decision after stopping them 3 and out 4x in a row. But the last possession is still on him because we didn't get into the end zone. The one before that was just moronic.

I'm telling you, I am wearing my Jets sh*t tomorrow loud and proud. This team finds a way to blow sh*t in the most glorious fashion. No matter the coach, players, place, weather, cheerleaders, fans, type of moon...etc. We are literally the most consistent sports franchise in the world.

lol, no it was quite clear these two coaches were putting on a clinic in ineptitude... but brace yourself, we're going to see a lot of effort put into the "Rex came home and outcoached Bowles" narrative.

The Bills won because of a remarkable individual effort by Baccari Rambo, and because Brandon Marshall goes Santonio on passes he can't haul in, and Ivory and Devin didn't protect the ball. Simple enough. Without the turnovers and the deficit they created, there are no 4th down coaching decisions to be made. We stop a mudhole in them if we don't put the ball on the ground. 

Bowles is going to drive everyone batsh*t because he's going to give us this monotone one-game-at-a-time crap after every game and it's galling, but it's the attitude the team has taken on and it allows them to claw back into these games. Dude needs to break an iPad in the team meeting on Wednesday.

I'm telling you, I am wearing my Jets sh*t tomorrow loud and proud. This team finds a way to blow sh*t in the most glorious fashion. No matter the coach, players, place, weather, cheerleaders, fans, type of moon...etc. We are literally the most consistent sports franchise in the world.

You do that, my friend. Take pictures for me.

Just when you think they've found every way to lose and crush our hearts....they go ahead and break new ground...

I won't be able to sleep all night!!!! Pissed off..fuming...

Yeah...I hate playing armchair but whatever happened to play action? But bottom line they couldn't outwit Rex. Guessing game or not they didn't get it done. 

And Kellen Davis needs to be cut pronto.  

Might as well include Thompkins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about getting into the end zone in the first place. 2nd and 2 from the 5, with all the momentum a team could possibly have, and we come away with zero? 

and Rex sitting there out of timeouts . And his offense shell shocked ....we basically end the game there . Just a disaster of sequence starting from 2nd and 2.

• Upvote 1

How about getting into the end zone in the first place. 2nd and 2 from the 5, with all the momentum a team could possibly have, and we come away with zero? 

I think Davis f'd up his route on 4th and goal.  He was supposed to run a fade and you can tell it was Fitz's only progression on that play.

not having a decent TE on the roster is really working out great for us.  

and Rex sitting there out of timeouts . And his offense shell shocked ....we basically end the game there . Just a disaster of sequence starting from 2nd and 2.

And we got some favorable ref calls in the 2nd half that he couldn't challenge because he used those up as well.

It would have been so deflating for them to blow that game. It would have been perfect.