JetNation \ FanDuel League: Week Ten

Maxman

you got me..  I just spin a wheel and whoever it stops on I pick.  I thought that's what everyone does.

or did I intentionally take a risk on West, Starks, Cousins, and Gilmore, so I could get 3 of the top wideouts in Brown, OBJ, and Hopkins?  weird...

If your "dream team" hit it wouldn't have changed anything..  you named the easiest guys to pick this week which is why everyone had them.

why are you so angry?  other than turning on Shane I'm not sure what the purpose is.

My point is that you got lucky with the low end guys and other people got unlucky with the high end guys. If you can fit the awesome players in the awesome matchups and then why not do it? You still have to hit the other guys. I hit the other guys and my high end guys took a road trip into absurdity.

You are lucky that West hit (and no, Denver doesn't give up the most rushing TD's unless 7 is the max in the NFL through 9 games), you are lucky that OBJ hit on that one bomb because for the rest of the game he was garbage and Cousins was owned in many teams (half of mine, actually), more than Bortles ownership, yet Cousins was a risk and Bortles was an obvious name. Again, GTFOH.

I guess Hopkins, Brown and OBJ aren't obvious names, right?

My point is that this is mostly luck whether bad or good. You had luck, great. But don't try and argue you had some amazing strategy that put you over the top when you had (how many?) lineups and the one where you went against conventional wisdom and logic happened to be the one that worked out.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point is that you got lucky with the low end guys and other people got unlucky with the high end guys. If you can fit the awesome players in the awesome matchups and don't do it, then why not do it?

You are lucky that West hit (and no, Denver doesn't give up the most rushing TD's unless 7 is the max in the NFL through 9 games), you are lucky that OBJ hit on that one bomb because for the rest of the game he was garbage and Cousins was owned in many teams (half of mine, actually), more than Bortles ownership, yet Cousins was a risk and Bortles was an obvious name. Again, GTFOH.

I guess Hopkins, Brown and OBJ aren't obvious names, right?

I put in about 11 lineups..  3 of them are currently in the money.  8 of them were filled with the awesome guys with awesome matchups in different variations.  If there's anything the last few weeks have showed me is you pretty much have a sleeper or 2 if you want to finish in the top 5.

I'm actually surprised Cousins was only in 14% of lineups.  He was my #1 pick of the week.  I structured that particular lineup to go cheap on the TE and RB's so I could have 3 of the best WR's...  Cleveland is awful and Joe Haden was out, OBJ wasn't going to let a big time national game like this go without making something happen, and Hopkins tonight may have 20 targets.

I said Denver had given up hte most TD's of the TOP rushing defenses..  I never said the most in the league..  I figured the Cheifs have to score somehow and Alex Smith only has a couple TD's to WR's in about a year.  I figured West, by sheer volume of touches, would have the best chance.  You can call it whatever you want.

I just find it funny you're attacking me when there have been far, far more successful guys in our league this year.  Where were your condolonces last week when I went 0-7?

Are we arguing about fantasy foot ball selections??

This game requires luck and strategy. 

Exactly. Of course there is luck, but if you don't have the right strategy you are going to need far more luck. Every week I target a couple of sleepers and "low owned" guys. Go to rotogrinders.com and find their "field report" on Friday. They basically show you the percentage certain players are owned from the Thursday night lineups on fanduel. From that you can see which players are going to be barely owned that week. If you own a couple of those guys, and they do well, you have a great chance of cashing. 

Another great strategy is to close your eyes and just blindly stack players who are facing the Saints defense each week.

If Cooper and Diggs showed up last night, I'd be in first right now slapping you in the face with my penis.

Sorry to ruin your fantasy.

I only had Cooper and Diggs on 1 team each because I didn't like their matchups.  rookie.

I put in about 11 lineups..  3 of them are currently in the money.  8 of them were filled with the awesome guys with awesome matchups in different variations.  If there's anything the last few weeks have showed me is you pretty much have a sleeper or 2 if you want to finish in the top 5.

I'm actually surprised Cousins was only in 14% of lineups.  He was my #1 pick of the week.  I structured that particular lineup to go cheap on the TE and RB's so I could have 3 of the best WR's...  Cleveland is awful and Joe Haden was out, OBJ wasn't going to let a big time national game like this go without making something happen, and Hopkins tonight may have 20 targets.

I said Denver had given up hte most TD's of the TOP rushing defenses..  I never said the most in the league..  I figured the Cheifs have to score somehow and Alex Smith only has a couple TD's to WR's in about a year.  I figured West, by sheer volume of touches, would have the best chance.  You can call it whatever you want.

I just find it funny you're attacking me when there have been far, far more successful guys in our league this year.  Where were your condolonces last week when I went 0-7?

Cleveland is atrocious. More atrocious against the run than the pass, factor in that Landry Jones was playing QB, he's not great (he took a sh*t against KC, who is horrible against the pass) and likes throwing to Bryant. DeAngelo Williams went for 170 the week before and Johnny Manziel didn't exactly inspire game flow confidence for Pittsburgh's passing game. But yeah, Antonio Brown. OBJ wasn't going to let something something, really? I'm sure there are a few Giant fans that wish he would have turned that magic power on for the last fifty two minutes of the game.

I'm not attacking you.  My point is that it's mostly luck and I stand by that. I have two teams that have Julian Edelman on them. One of them has 122 pts. I guess I should have found better sleepers.

Cleveland is atrocious. More atrocious against the run than the pass, factor in that Landry Jones was playing QB, he's not great (he took a sh*t against KC, who is horrible against the pass) and likes throwing to Bryant. DeAngelo Williams went for 170 the week before and Johnny Manziel didn't exactly inspire game flow confidence for Pittsburgh's passing game. But yeah, Antonio Brown. OBJ wasn't going to let something something, really? I'm sure there are a few Giant fans that wish he would have turned that magic power on for the last fifty two minutes of the game.

I'm not attacking you.  My point is that it's mostly luck and I stand by that. I have two teams that have Julian Edelman on them. One of them has 122 pts. I guess I should have found better sleepers.

Antonio Brown was coming off a game where he had a 114 catches and 600 yards.  He was going against an awful team who didn't have their best CB.  Add to that Landry Jones who after another full week of reps, I anticipateded would look good at home.

That's actually a good point about OBJ..  he should have had 2 TD's if not for that BS call.  Would have made me look better.

So what's this about again other than you not being able to identify good plays like I did this week?

I have a proposal for you Gast... 

Immediately swear allegiance to me and admit that I have a brilliant fantasy football mind.  If you do this I will grant 2 of Pacs Top Secret Sleepers™ to be used at your leisure.

Do not comply and I will add you to the list of people I intend on embarrassing the remainder of the year.  Currently that list is only occupied by Shane.

I have a proposal for you Gast... 

Immediately swear allegiance to me and admit that I have a brilliant fantasy football mind.  If you do this I will grant 2 of Pacs Top Secret Sleepers™ to be used at your leisure.

Do not comply and I will add you to the list of people I intend on embarrassing the remainder of the year.  Currently that list is only occupied by Shane.

You using Sanchez next week?

EHh ill give my entire teams away before hand if someone was to ask. 7 of my 14 teams are in the money right now. Coincidentally my H2H team is not in the money in our league and is still going to win over 50 percent of it's matches. The choice picks pretty much all being mediocre or worse this week is keeping the average score needed to win lower than normal.

I guess that's a wrap for now..  FD suspending entries as of today at 2:30.  In the grand scheme of things not a huge deal, in fact it'll be nice not to obsess over it for a while, but I can't believe that of all the real problems in NY this clown is making the destruction of fantasy foosball his opus magnum.

What a ******* jerk this guy is.

Sooooooooooo no FanDuel this week, I assume? @Maxman

They told me that they weren't doing a league for us this week because of the NY thing. I asked them for a 100 person league. They never responded.

I know we can still fill a league, so I will try to get this going again.

They told me that they weren't doing a league for us this week because of the NY thing. I asked them for a 100 person league. They never responded.

I know we can still fill a league, so I will try to get this going again.

Perhaps they don't know that the Jets play their home games in NJ and not NY

I know a recruiter that works with draft kings and he told me that it's just crazy there with no one focused on anything but the NY situation.  Look at FD.  single  entry events usually had to be entered by Thursday to get a spot.  It's Friday night and tons of room

Archived