I hate this game.....

UnitedWhofans

It pisses me off that this game is being played with these circumstances. The Jets are banged up and the Bills are coming off a blowout. If the Jets lose this game, this fanbase will go "Rex is better, we shouldn't have hired Bowles."  Basically, spitting in the face of getting rid of the circus. 

So if the Jets lose this game, which is what I think will happen, the narrative is set. And there's no going back. And we'll be headed to more instability and vitriol with this fanbase and its media. And it pisses me off.

It pisses me off that this game is being played with these circumstances. The Jets are banged up and the Bills are coming off a blowout. If the Jets lose this game, this fanbase will go "Rex is better, we shouldn't have hired Bowles."  Basically, spitting in the face of getting rid of the circus. 

So if the Jets lose this game, which is what I think will happen, the narrative is set. And there's no going back. And we'll be headed to more instability and vitriol with this fanbase and its media. And it pisses me off.

Really? Any fan with a brain in their head knows that getting rid of Wrecks was overdue by at least one year. Who gives a crap about the rest? And why is there no going back? If we do lose (and I hope we don't) it wouldn't be the first time in NFL history that a returning coach comes back and beats the team that sh*t-canned him. 

This game does not make or break our season. Our aim is the playoffs, not proving that Rex sucks. This is one battle, but it doesn't determine the outcome of the war - lots of football still to play after tonight. For both teams.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Really? Any fan with a brain in their head knows that getting rid of Wrecks was overdue by at least one year. Who gives a crap about the rest? And why is there no going back? If we do lose (and I hope we don't) it wouldn't be the first time in NFL history that a returning coach comes back and beats the team that sh*t-canned him. 

It doesn't but just hearing the fanbase and the media go after Bowles after a WIN after last week is setting this up.

the bills may be over confident, and the jets may be a wounded animal ?

try to remember football is an opera, its just entertainment, and it just gives us something to talk about in the end

and this game will give us lots to talk about, whatever the result

Aren't you the one going around in game threads telling people to calm down when things get bad and to taper their expectations because that's what we should expect?

Take your own advice. Chill.

welcome to the big boy league

its good see you start crying before the game

please tell us again why it was right for the Jets not to try anything before halftime last week with 2 minutes and 3 time outs

your words of wisdom in the game thread should be heard by everyone

Rex Ryan is not a bad coach.  He had some success.  Bad coaches don't get to the AFCCG twice in a row.

I like Bowles.  He has a lot to learn, but he appears to be doing a good job.  I think he and Maccagnan make a good team.  They appear to have put an improved team on the field, but injuries could cause the season to unravel.  Who loses their kicker to IR?

Rex Ryan needs a strong GM.  I don't know if he has one in Buffalo either, but Buffalo over the past 5 years has probably, as a general matter, drafted better than the Jets have.

Tannenbaum and Idzik just did an awful job replenishing the Jets talent since the Harris and Revis picks.  It appears that Maccagnan did a decent job last off season.  If I was building a team for the long-term, I am not signing Cromatie and replacing Colon instead.  As players get older they get hurt more.  Given his history, we could have predicted his injuries. 

Unlike the Raiders and Jacksonville, one does not get the feeling that the Jets are buiding from the bottom up.  We do not have a young QB.  The entire offense is relatively old..  There is some young defensive talent, but I also have a feeling that they realize they there is too much of a defensive investment, and they will need to rebalance it to the offense.  If two of your best players are Ricardson and Wilkerson, what do we do with Williams and Harrison?

I am expecting the worst for this game.  Hopefully I am wrong.

2 years he should have went with Tanny.. No matter what the outcome Bowles is the steady type of coach that the team needs.. Rex was like a roller coaster either too high or too low after a high.. With Mac and Bowles I sse the Jets in the Bowl sooner rather then later..

its good see you start crying before the game

please tell us again why it was right for the Jets not to try anything before halftime last week with 2 minutes and 3 time outs

your words of wisdom in the game thread should be heard by everyone

I don't ******* care. This fan base is not able to enjoy winning games DESPITE the fact that  they consider themselves losers. I look at the saints, for example, of the 70s and 80s. They would have jumped for joy to win that game. Where is that joy from Jets fans? Where has it gone or was it ever here

This game does not make or break our season. Our aim is the playoffs, not proving that Rex sucks. This is one battle, but it doesn't determine the outcome of the war - lots of football still to play after tonight. For both teams.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

This game pretty much makes or breaks our season, that's for sure. We are @New England on Monday night football night week, which is a garunteed loss. We will be 4-6 after that game if we lose tonight. That can't happen if we want to make the playoffs. 

I don't ******* care. This fan base is not able to enjoy winning games DESPITE the fact that  they consider themselves losers. I look at the saints, for example, of the 70s and 80s. They would have jumped for joy to win that game. Where is that joy from Jets fans? Where has it gone or was it ever here

You know you may have a valid point I remember collecting my bowl winnings in 1969 after Supe III and some Jet fans were saying the Giants will kill us in the preseason.. It does seem some take misery with joy and winning pisses them off..LOL

the bills may be over confident, and the jets may be a wounded animal ?

try to remember football is an opera, its just entertainment, and it just gives us something to talk about in the end

and this game will give us lots to talk about, whatever the result

It will definitely do that. lol

This game pretty much makes or breaks our season, that's for sure. We are @New England on Monday night football night week, which is a garunteed loss. We will be 4-6 after that game if we lose tonight. That can't happen if we want to make the playoffs. 

OK, I can see how a loss would have been more of a "break" for you guys - but there are still 7 games for both teams to play, neither team could have felt, with a win, that the play-offs were a reasonable expectation. Maybe I didn't word it well.

Putting it another way, I don't see the fact that we lost as being the end of our play-off hopes. And I'm quite sure you don't see it as being "woo hoo, play-offs here we come!" as things stand.

There were too many people trying to make this bigger than it was - play off decider, Rex. vs. Bowles and so on. Play-offs don't get decided in November, and "who's the better coach" will probably still be running in 217 between Bowles & Rexy.

You know you may have a valid point I remember collecting my bowl winnings in 1969 after Supe III and some Jet fans were saying the Giants will kill us in the preseason.. It does seem some take misery with joy and winning pisses them off..LOL

but what did I tell you? People calling for Bowles head

if you think the Jets are going to win, great, welcome to the party. 

if you think the Jets are going to lose, screw you, your a bad fan, no one wants to hear the prediction, they shoot the messenger

Even though all the signs were there. The Jets were incredibly banged up.

my advice to the OP next time keep it to yourself and go to the bookie and take the points. 

Enjoy other hobbies. 

Archived